Via Napoli Restaurant, Italy Pavilion at Epcot

Show Your Disney Side with New Spring 2014 Apparel for Women and Girls at Disney Parks

posted on February 5th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

MCT983652

There are two times during the year that our Disney Theme Park Merchandise team introduces new apparel at Disney Parks – spring and fall. Since the spring items can be set as early as February, I contacted the softlines team for an update. They shared with me a few new items for women and girls that I thought would be perfect for showing off your Disney Side at Disney Parks.

MCT983653

The first program is based on the new Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts that were recently introduced on the Disney Channel and on Disney.com. I love the animated style and humor of these new Mickey Mouse cartoons especially “Potatoland,” “Tokyo Go” and “Croissant de Triomphe.” The four new women’s T-shirts feature Mickey Mouse and friends drawn in that same cartoon style. My favorite T-shirt has Minnie Mouse on the front of the shirt kissing Mickey Mouse who is found on the back.

In California, look for these T-shirts at World of Disney in Downtown Disney District, Gone Hollywood at Disney California Adventure park, and Disney Clothiers in Disneyland park.

For guests in Florida, look for the T-shirts at World of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace, Mouse Gear at Epcot, and Emporium at Magic Kingdom Park.

MCT983654

The softlines team also shared with me four new Minnie Mouse T-shirts coming soon to Disney Parks. They are part of a new art program called “Beyond the Dot” which contains a host of fresh, fashion-forward designs and original illustrations by Disney Design Group artists. These four women’s T-shirts are some of the first from that program. Look for additional styles in the coming months that feature Minnie Mouse in a whole new way.

MCT983655

For girls, the softlines team is introducing four T-shirts that feature classic couples like Ariel and Prince Eric, or Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. They said these T-shirts are test items as they have never really featured couples like this before on girls’ apparel.

The girls’ T-shirts and the “Beyond the Dot” items will be carried in select locations at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. There are no immediate plans to carry these items on the Disney Parks online store.

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Downtown Disney, Downtown Disney District, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Ashlyn on February 5th, 2014 at 3:47 pm

I have to be honest, I really DON’T like the Mickey and friends redraw…

Philip on February 5th, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I very strongly disagree with Ashlyn. Those particular designs of Mickey and co. are AWESOME!

They will not become the “default” versions of the characters anyway.

Fred from CA on February 5th, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Philip is right, that is just an alternate style. It will never become the “default” look. I have to admit though, I’m not a big fan of the style of those new cartoon shorts. But they do make for cute shirt designs.

Steven Miller on February 6th, 2014 at 9:38 am

@Ashlyn and Fred – I’m sorry to hear you aren’t a fan. I’ve seen so many of them as my son REALLY likes watching Disney Channel :)

Chris on February 5th, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Love the Beyond the Dot collection. Please add it to the online parks store. I would love to have these before my parks trips I have this spring and summer.

Michelle on February 5th, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Why does womens or girls have to be Minnie? I am a huge Mickey fan and dont particularly care for Minnie. Can we ever see some Mickey (or Pluto, or even Donald) given a cute cut and style? I love the styling of the Beyond the Dots collection but will not buy Minnie :( I’d even wear the girls line if it fit LOL.

Tiffany from IN on February 5th, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Love the shirts based on the Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts. I hope they add these to the online store. I must have a few of them!

Bari on February 5th, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Will any of these options be available in Plus Sizes? Many of the tee-shirts they make are too small or not true to size.

Steven Miller on February 6th, 2014 at 9:42 am

@Bari – I’ve asked the development team for clarification. I believe the sizes are XS to 2XL. I will confirm.

Jane on February 5th, 2014 at 6:09 pm

That Donald & Daisy shirt is adorable and I’m going to have to track that down as soon as I can. (I just wish there was a kissing shirt with them!)

It’s been fairly rare to see Daisy on things lately. As somebody that collects all the Disney Ducks it’s nice to see things with this newer character design on them.

Deb on February 6th, 2014 at 6:43 am

I agree with Ashlyn. I love the shorts but I want classic Mickey and Minnie on my shirts!

Christina on February 6th, 2014 at 8:11 am

I know the “original” princesses (Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Jasmine & Bell) tend to be very popular on womens clothing, but can we PLEASE get some Rapunzel or Tangled tees and tops for women??

I got very excited to see the design above then bummed when I read that it was for girls. Little girls are not the only Tangled fan base!!!

Also, any Anna and/or Elsa tops coming out for women?? I’d love to see that as well!!

Steven Miller on February 6th, 2014 at 9:42 am

@Christina – I’ve shared your comment with the development team. I don’t know of specific development but it’s good to know there is an interest.

andrea on February 6th, 2014 at 8:45 am

Poor Flynn, they just can’t get his nose right! :)

Kelley on February 6th, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I love the Minnie/Mickey kissing shirt, any chance we could get a merchandise number if we can’t get to the parks?

Amanda on February 6th, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I’m always happy to see new Donald merchandise, and would love to see more of it! Hope the women’s tees will be available online at some point. They are adorable.

James on February 6th, 2014 at 9:28 pm

I wish the one with Donald and Daisy was available in men’s sizes, too. I love Daisy and I’m a guy. :)

Meghan on February 7th, 2014 at 9:50 am

I am totally excited about the girl’s line! I wish it came in my size. :)

It seems that the new Mickey/Minnie is an acquired taste… I’ve seen a few of the new cartoons, but have to admit… I’m a classics person.

I’ve been a little disappointed in the variety of Princess clothing for women. I’m a Young adult who isn’t into the ‘young adult cuts’ and prefer simple T-shirts to the backless, high cut, loose, etc. I’ve shopped at the DisneyStore and Disneyshopping.com for years, but I’m on a budget and that usually poses a problem. :)

I’m looking forward to seeing some affordable Disney Princess items on the market in the future.

Jonathan on February 7th, 2014 at 9:58 am

More subtlety and embroidered polo’s would be greatly appreciated.

Also, on a side note, I am looking for a SKU for a Disneyland park fleece throw. It is all blue with the Disneyland old marquee in the middle with a lot of small park icons all around the fleece throw. Retail is $34.95. Emailed Merchandise Guest Services a couple of weeks ago, but haven’t heard back. Would also be interested to know if there is a similar throw for Disney World. (this is a new item, I do know that)

Thanks!!

Alyssa on February 7th, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Love the new cartoon look for the fab 5! Wish the girls couple shirts were in a junior size! I would rock the Flynn and Rapunzel shirt!! =)

Fred from CA on February 7th, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Steven– Don’t get me wrong. I think *some* of the character designs are cute, and from what I’ve seen, the new cartoons have fun humor. I just think ultimately some of the character designs (like Goofy) are just a bit jarring to me. But if these cartoons are helping keep the characters relevant and popular, that’s fine by me. :)

Ruthie on February 8th, 2014 at 12:44 am

I like the different looks but also have to agree with the poster about female shirts and Minnie Don’t get me wrong I like her too but I am a BIG Pluto lover The first and second shirts are adorable but I’d really like to see some shirts with just Pluto in those poses I did grab the new coffee cup and magnet I found with Pluto with the puzzled look and ” snacks? ” theme We truly need more Pluto items Thanks

Lauralee on February 8th, 2014 at 12:48 am

REALLY disappointed to see the Rapunzel and Flynn shirt is just for girls. Women LOVE Tangled. You have no idea how much we love Tangled and want more clothes…I have 4 or 5 Tangled shirts but they are from other clothing stores.

Kelly on February 8th, 2014 at 11:16 am

Agree with the folks asking for more women’s clothing with the newer princesses! I do LOVE this cute new style for Mickey and the gang, I hope to pick one of those up soon!

Michelle on February 8th, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I LOVE the new redraw of mickey and friends and the cartoons are great. So glad to see them on merchandise. I got the mickey and minnie kissing shirt and it is sooooo cute!

Daniel from IL on February 12th, 2014 at 11:12 am

Why does women’s clothing ALWAYS have to have Minnie? I much prefer Mickey and some of the other characters (and not just princesses either!) I could also do with less pink/lavender and pastel colors in general. What is wrong with strong colors and more variety? Also agree with someone above who said that the women’s shirts usually run small. It is like they are only for “Juniors” and actual adults aren’t considered.

Note – ignore the login name, for some reason my husband’s name shows up when I login – LOL

Joyce from AL on February 12th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Im with some of the earlier posts, I wish you carried more selections in the plus sizes. Your 2X does not run true to size, so I have to order up to a 3X and sometimes, i’ve had to send back for the 4X! All us larger women have to choose from is either pink, white or gray and a lot of the designs are of Winnie the Pooh or Tinkerbell.. why can’t you offer the same designs you do in the smaller sizes to us of a larger size too? We deserve the same cuteness!! (I also agree on more Mickey Mouse. Not a fan of Minnie either!)

Jennifer on February 15th, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I’d really like to see the princess shirts in adults sizes. There really isn’t enough of them.

Laureen from ON on February 24th, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Any idea when the Elsa (frozen) dress will be available at the WDW park? I’m planning a trip in November, and I’m hoping to pick one up for my niece.