While brisk winter weather blankets much of the country, it’s still pretty balmy here in Southern California – where the only “Bitter Storm” is at Napa Rose restaurant at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
The bartender layers sweet and sour tastes from bourbon to cherry liqueur, adds a splash of lemon juice and tops the cocktail with a tart sliver of grapefruit peel. It’s a sunny sip of California that can take you away even if you’re shoveling snow.
- ¾ ounce Bulleit Bourbon
- ¾ ounce Fernet-Branca
- ½ ounce Cherry Heering liqueur
- ½ ounce Poire William brandy
- ½ ounce Orgeat syrup
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- Grapefruit peel, for garnish
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker; fill with ice and vigorously shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a tall chilled glass filled with ice. Garnish with grapefruit peel.
For more about dining at the Napa Rose, read these posts: