Disneyland Monorail

Vintage Walt Disney World: ‘The Three Caballeros’ at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on February 6th, 2014 by Nate Rasmussen, Archivist, Marketing Resource Center

This week back in 1945, the movie “The Three Caballeros” was released in the United States. The three stars from the movie Jose Carioca, the parrot; Panchito, the Mexican charro rooster; and Donald Duck have made several appearances at Disney Parks throughout the years. The first appearance at Walt Disney World Resort was at the Mickey Mouse Revue in Magic Kingdom Park singing “The Three Caballeros” for audiences.

VDC984651

Today, you can still find this fun trio at Disney Parks. Can you name the three locations below?

VDC984653THUMB VDC984652THUMB VDC984654THUMB

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Philip on February 6th, 2014 at 9:21 am

The locations are It’s a Small World at Disneyland, the All-Star Music Resort at Walt Disney World and the Gran Fiesta Tour at Epcot’s Mexico pavilion.

Jason on February 6th, 2014 at 9:30 am

It’s a Small World in Disneyland, the All-Star Resort in Walt Disney World, and the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros in Epcot.

Nate Rasmussen on February 6th, 2014 at 11:40 am

@Philip @Jason Nice work. You’re correct, of course.

Jacqueline on February 6th, 2014 at 9:46 am

Greetings Nate,

What a wonderful and informative post! I, as a frequent Disney Cruise Line guest, am greatly looking forward to my ninth sailing this summer aboard the re-imagined Disney Magic. As you probably know, Disney Imagineers have recreated one of the restaurants on the Magic after The Three Caballeros in naming it Carioca’s, after Donald Duck’s friend Jose Carioca.

I just love how Disney Imagineer’s leave no stone unturned and give meaning to even the smallest detail. Perfection scores here!

Thank you for this delightful post today,

Kind regards,
Jackie

Nate Rasmussen on February 6th, 2014 at 11:41 am

I’m glad you enjoyed the post! :)

Erin from RI on February 6th, 2014 at 9:50 am

I am going to have to go with “in my heart!” Love you Donald! Will you be my Disney valentine?

Erin

for the love of Disney running

Don on February 6th, 2014 at 10:04 am

I totally agree with Phillp’s guess.

Robert on February 6th, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I’ve been trying to get a picture with my daughter and the Three Caballeros “live” for years. I’ve heard rumor they come out on Dia De Los Muertos and 3 Kings Day in Disneyland, and also Cinco de Mayo in EPCOT. Will this be the case in 2014? I’m hoping. :-)

David on February 6th, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I’ll skip the guesses as they’ve already been posted, but I wanted to say thanks for giving the Three Caballeros some recognition. Jose Carioca and Panchito are so often passed up when we think about famous Disney fowl. They really paved the way for our other feathered favorites, such as Zazu and – yes – even Iago. Plus, I think Saludos Amigos is one of the more underrated Disney productions, and it’s directly responsible for my love of Central and South America as a child. Gran Fiesta Tour is also one of my favorite attractions at Disney Parks (although my wife says it bores her to death).
Again, thanks for the post, but I do have one quick question:
What means “Ay, caramba”?

Eric from MA on February 6th, 2014 at 3:06 pm

David – Oh, yes, I don’t know.
Robert – Aren’t they generally regulars at Epcot Mexico? Last time I was there, you could usually find two out of three for photos in that little pathway just past the pyramid.

And wouldn’t mind seeing the 3 Cabs (in both movies) out on Blu-ray–
First time I’d heard their song was in the old Mickey Mouse Revue, as they’d “ricochet” off the stage and suddenly appear in the left and right balconies.