Disneyland Paris, Phantom Manor

All in the Details: The Big Drop at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on March 25th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

This week’s photos from Seven Dwarfs Mine Train focus on the “big drop” in the attraction, just after you exit the interior Mine Scene. The top of the mountain is where you come out of the mine – and momentarily get an amazing view of the rest of the New Fantasyland area, including Beast’s Castle, Prince Eric’s castle and Cinderella Castle. (To see that view for yourself, be sure to check out this previously shared ride-through video of the attraction).

MTT562710

This shot was snapped at the end of the drop, which whisks Mine Train Cars past a rushing water fall.

MTT562715

It sure looks like the attraction is coming together! Will you ride when it opens later this spring? Let us know in the “Comments” section below.

Thanks to David Roark for the photos.

For more on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, check out the following Disney Parks Blog stories:

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Leah on March 25th, 2014 at 9:52 am

YES! We’ll be there May 15th through the 22nd – can’t wait! :)

Crystal from TX on March 25th, 2014 at 9:53 am

Can’t wait to ride this on out trip at the end of May/beginning of June! :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 26th, 2014 at 9:04 am

Please stay tuned for information on opening dates!

Leah on March 25th, 2014 at 9:53 am

Do you have an idea when Fast Passes may be released for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 26th, 2014 at 9:04 am

It should be available as soon as the opening date is announced. Please stay tuned!

Amanda on March 25th, 2014 at 9:55 am

Fingers are crossed that the ride is open when I come down April 30th! I’ve been watching none stop for the opening date.

Gillian from IL on March 25th, 2014 at 9:59 am

We are VERY excited! My family will be down during the media event in May. I have an 8am reservation at Crystal Palace on May 2nd and REALLY hope we can make it to this ride(if it is open) that day so my boys can ride it- fingers crossed!

Stephanie on March 25th, 2014 at 9:59 am

“You tell me when. I’m ready to go. I was born ready!”

ido on March 25th, 2014 at 10:03 am

Is it real trees near the track?

Meredith from MA on March 25th, 2014 at 10:10 am

We will ABSOLUTELY ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train this spring!
My family is going to WDW in June, and we are thrilled it will be open for our vacation! Always something new to see and experience each year!

Jacqueline on March 25th, 2014 at 10:40 am

Hi Jennifer,

These photographs are stunning and are so tempting for me, it’s as if you are dangling cupcakes in front of my face.

I cannot wait until I have the chance to experience the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train soon!

Jackie

Carter on March 25th, 2014 at 10:57 am

Will this attraction have a ride photo? Possibly at the bottom of the drop?

Michael on March 25th, 2014 at 11:02 am

We were there this past weekend and saw the cars doing test runs, amazing how quite they are! We’ll be back in June and the 6yr old can’t wait to ride…. Ok ok, and me and the wife and the 17yr old!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 26th, 2014 at 9:05 am

It looks amazing. I can’t wait to try it out, too!

Susan on March 25th, 2014 at 11:23 am

Please tell me this will be open for the Spring Break travelers in early April? We planned our trip based on a “spring 2014″ opening and my kids will be crushed if it’s not open until May – that will mean they will never see this ride :(

Robert on March 25th, 2014 at 11:29 am

Were ready to go… I have my Birthday May 2 all planned, First a tour of “Disneys Key to the Kingdom” then Dinner at “Be our Guest”
Then the fireworks, And I hope Top the day off with a Ride on Mine train!

Mark on March 25th, 2014 at 11:30 am

I was at Magic Kingdom last week and was happy to see that this ride is almost completed. I’m going back to WDW in June and cannot wait to experience this attraction.

This is at the top of my “MUST DO” Disney list!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 26th, 2014 at 10:01 am

Sounds great, Mark!

Kelly on March 25th, 2014 at 11:31 am

Hoping to ride it during our vacation May 15-25! Is there a ride photo? That would be great!

Jeffrey from OH on March 25th, 2014 at 11:33 am

will be there in August. We can’t wait!!!

Jennifer on March 25th, 2014 at 11:43 am

I am so excited to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and see all of the new Fantasyland area in June!! Looks brilliant :)

Stephanie on March 25th, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I cannot wait to ride this.My husband and I have watched it take transformation over the last few years and i am beyond excited to see this ride finally open! Hurry, hurry, im soooo ready!!!!

jeanne from NJ on March 25th, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I too would like to know when fast pass will be available to book and opening date?

Rebecca on March 25th, 2014 at 1:07 pm

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!! My family and I will be there from 4/29 – 5/12. What do you think? Will it be open? Will there be fastpass + reservations available on the MDE prior to opening?? It’s my birthday on the 9th of May and I would LOVE to ride it!!! PLEASE, Please, Please??!!?!?!? Do you know when it’s opening??? (can you tell I’m excited?)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 27th, 2014 at 9:19 am

I’m happy you’re excited, Rebecca. Keep your eye on the blog for an official opening date.

Jennifer on March 25th, 2014 at 2:08 pm

We are spending our honeymoon in WDW 4/22-4/29… we are HOPING that we can ride this before we leave!

Sandra from FL on March 25th, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I got a nice glimpse of the Imagineers fixing the shrubbery on the Seven Drawfs Mine Train from Dumbo a few weeks ago.

It seems like there is a lot of effort being put into the theming experience and I’m excited about that aspect of this new ride!

Yet, I keep wondering if the screams from this roller coaster will permeate the whole Fantasyland experience? I’m not so sure I would like to be waiting for lunch outside of Be Our Guest or watching the Giggle Gang or the Royal Majesty Makers while hearing screams from a roller coaster. I hope that the acoustics were taken into consideration by the imagineers.

Kim from MI on March 25th, 2014 at 8:36 pm

So ready to take a ride on this Mine Train. Can’t wait actually. We’ll be there in early July. Hope it won’t be too bad with the swinging cars. I can get a little motion sickness, but I will give it a try.

Kris on March 26th, 2014 at 8:20 am

We arrive next week…we were really hoping it would be open for us..not looking good I suppose :(

Mirella on March 26th, 2014 at 9:29 am

I am going to WDW from May 3rd to May 8th with my husband. Please open it by then! :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 27th, 2014 at 9:18 am

As soon as I know of an opening date, I’ll share it here!

Penelope on March 26th, 2014 at 10:27 am

I was so hoping there wouldn’t be a big drop! I can’t do big drops!
How big is big?

Linsey on March 26th, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Will there be a store at the ride with new 7 dwarfs merchandise?

Nicolette on March 27th, 2014 at 7:31 am

Coming down in June and cannot wait to ride! I keep checking for an opening date so I can schedule my fast passes! I know, I am a little obsessed, but just so excited!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 27th, 2014 at 9:18 am

I don’t blame you – it looks like it will be a lovely attraction!

Carol on March 27th, 2014 at 11:01 am

Will it be open May 1st? we are going from May 1st thew the 8th

Sheri on March 28th, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Oh boy! I’m sure this ride will be a mob-scene once it’s officially opened. I will surely be keeping an eye open for the opening date & hopefully be able to snag a Fast-Pass for our upcoming trip. The good news is that this will hopefully lessen the lines at other popular Fantasyland attractions.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 2nd, 2014 at 9:42 am

I hope you enjoy it!

Paul from IN on April 1st, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I am anticipating this ride like I did Expedition Everest when it came out and I was not disappointed on that one either. It will be worth waiting for and you know the lines will be long. I think that the fast pass lines will also be long because everyone will be making FP reservations, the regular lines might be just as good. I will be there mid June and cannot wait

Marcela on April 1st, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Does anyone know the minimum height for this ride?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 2nd, 2014 at 9:43 am

Yes – 38 inches.

William on April 1st, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Please let it be open at the end of May!!!!

Ariel on April 1st, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Do you know how far the drop is, as in feet?

Sarah on April 1st, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Yes I will be there.I can’t wait to see it all done.

Jenica from UT on April 1st, 2014 at 5:56 pm

From what I heard a few weeks ago, they were aiming for an April 26th opening. I’m keeping my fingers crossed as I’ll be there April 22-30th!

William on April 1st, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Im ready for this drop. I will be there next January!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 2nd, 2014 at 9:41 am

Sounds great, William!

Patty from FL on April 1st, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Is there a mailing list so we can be notified when the opening date is announced.

I’ll be there… as long as it isn’t during the FCAT or End of Course exams…

I’ll have the secretary hold all the calls…. Wait, what? I am the secretary. ^_^

Hi ho Hi ho, it’s off to the mine train I go!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 2nd, 2014 at 9:41 am

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog (or follow us on Twitter @WaltDisneyWorld) for that opening date announcement.

Marco on April 2nd, 2014 at 1:32 am

I will be there in September. It will bw awesome.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 2nd, 2014 at 9:43 am

I hope you love it!

Jacob on April 2nd, 2014 at 3:38 am

Planned our trip out there a year ago, we’ll be heading out there June 14th this year. Didn’t even know this ride would be ready but I’m so glad it will be!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 2nd, 2014 at 9:40 am

Please stay tuned for an opening date, Jacob!

Maggie from OH on April 2nd, 2014 at 12:37 pm

We were there last week and were so bummed it wasn’t opened. I even asked one of the guys I saw going into the secret door to the ride if we could be their test guinea pigs as we saw the cars being tested on the tracks…I am not sure he thought I was serious though. LOL! Not sure when we will be able to get back there, probably not until next year, but this will be the first ride I book a fastpass for!

Gail on April 2nd, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Coming down in November for a Family Birthday (70th) CELEBRATION!Cannot wait to see the new Fanatasyland And ride this coaster!

Patrick on April 6th, 2014 at 7:20 pm

What a great idea for a theme to a coaster. Now this is something that I would love at DLR.

Janet from PA on April 7th, 2014 at 9:17 pm

We will definitely be riding this during our May 17th trip. We are only hoping that it is open! This would be a great way to celebrate my sons graduation from med school!

Krystal from AR on April 25th, 2014 at 4:48 pm

I am hoping this is ready when I go in October with my family. Wonder how kid friendly it is because I had a 4 year old and I am sure she love it. She loves the goofy one that is there can’t
recall the name but loves it.

Jessica on April 28th, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Does anyone know the speed of this ride in mph?

Zakary on May 1st, 2014 at 2:13 am

When will they make it avail for FastPass+? I’m going May 22-26, and I’ve been stalking the fastpass selections page.

Kristy on May 2nd, 2014 at 9:16 pm

when will we be able to make fast pass reservations?