King Arthur Carrousel

‘Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade’ Debuts at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on March 10th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

The “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade” has arrived at Magic Kingdom Park!

The parade, which serves as a tribute to New Fantasyland, officially debuted as the park’s new daily afternoon parade on Sunday.

‘Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade’ Debuts at Magic Kingdom Park

The procession features nearly 100 performers and Disney characters, with floats specifically telling the stories of “Tangled,” “Peter Pan,” “Brave,” “Sleeping Beauty” and many more. Highlights you won’t want to miss include seeing Maleficent appear as a fire-breathing dragon, and an appearance by Anna, Elsa and Olaf (from “Frozen”) on the Princess Garden float. For more highlights and to hear what some of the first spectators think, be sure to check out the video below.

Were you there for the debut? What did you think? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Kelly from FL on March 10th, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I thought the parade was fantastic! The Maleficent dragon is spectacular! The sheer movement of it is amazing. In fact, the use of motion on all of the other floats was really different and great. The costuming was wonderful too. Well done Disney!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 10th, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Sounds great, Kelly!

Ron on March 10th, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Looks stunning. Can’t wait to see it in person.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 10th, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Jonathan on March 10th, 2014 at 5:06 pm

When does the soundtrack for Disney Festival of Fantasy come out?

Jim from NY on March 10th, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Can’t wait to see it this August. Wondering about the soundtrack too.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 10th, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Let me look into it!

Stefani on March 10th, 2014 at 11:14 pm

I’m obsessed with the parade! I saw It yesterday (the premier day)and today and cant get enough!Disney did an excellent job! Do you know where I could find the soundtrack for it? I would love to buy it!

Rodolfo on March 11th, 2014 at 1:40 am

I visited MK today to watch the new parade and I could not be happier to finally see a parade like this in Magic Kingdom. I have visited Tokyo Disneyland and their floats are just incredible and it was for me so happy so see in Magic Kingdom a parade just like Tokyo Disneyland with out of the world floats. I was so happy to recognize some of the floats from Tokyo Disneyland and also see new creations! The music is SPECTACULAR! I home the Cd will be on sale soon !

Congratulations to all the cast and creators of this MAGICAL parade! =) ºoº

Daniel on March 11th, 2014 at 3:00 am

I would love to have a soundtrack release as well! The music is gorgeous and the floats are amazing!!

I would love to see Festival Of Fantasy perform in the afternoon and the evenings when the sun goes down!

John from DE on March 11th, 2014 at 9:12 am

I LOVED this video! I can’t wait to see it in person! As you might know, my favorite characters are the Seven Dwarfs, and seeing Dopey on Sneezy’s shoulders dancing with Snow White made me tear up a little! :) I hope the Seven Dwarfs are around their Mine Train when it opens! I need some photo ops with Dopey! (and the rest!) Congrats, Disney cast, on a wonderful new parade!

Pamela on March 11th, 2014 at 9:27 am

Been watching all the videos – thanks for posting yours! I will be there next Tuesday 18 March 2014 and counting down ’till 3P…wonder where the best vantage point is to view and take pictures….can’t wait!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 11th, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Looks like the floats are big enough that any spot along the route would work well. :)

Jackie on March 11th, 2014 at 9:38 am

I don’t know. I think I like the Celebrate Parade instead. The one they replaced, if that is the right name. I can’t recall right now.

Andrew from FL on March 11th, 2014 at 11:51 am

We were lucky that the premier of the parade coincided with our planned spring break visit to Walt Disney World. My daughters and I LOVED the parade! It far exceeded our expectations! There were so many surprises, and the costumes and music were amazing! Great job!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 12th, 2014 at 9:15 am

Sounds great, Andrew. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy on March 13th, 2014 at 4:34 pm

What time is the parade held?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 17th, 2014 at 9:40 am

It will usually be at 3 p.m., but the best way to know during your vacation will be to check the My Disney Experience App or the Times Guide on the way into the park.

Kirsty from AU on April 15th, 2014 at 2:52 am

Any news on the cd date? just got back to Australia and would love the soundtrack, the parade was amazing!

Benjamin on April 24th, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I’m looking forward to listen to the soundtrack ! Do you know when will it be available ? :)