Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Disney Trade Celebration 2014 – Imagination Gala – A Magic Carpet Event at Epcot

posted on March 18th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

Are you ready to make an entrance and arrive in style at our award-worthy Imagination Gala – A Magic Carpet event? This year’s Disney Trade Celebration 2014, is set to take place September 5 – 7, 2014 at World ShowPlace in Epcot. So join us as we honor our ‘bests’ in Disney films, storytelling, characters and attractions with an Imagination Award, represented by none other than a Golden Figment.

LGE831123

There’s no need for your imagination to run wild anymore. Here are all the details on this year’s event packages.

Pin Trading Showcase Package – $140
September 5 – 6, 2014
(9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)

Event Admission Includes:

• Opportunity to pre-purchase select themed merchandise designed for the event
  • Pin Trading activities and games
  • Silent Auction of pre-production pins, artist proof pins and more
  • Opportunity to trade for specially designed pins produced for Imagination Gala – Pin Trading Showcase
  • Meet Disney Pin Merchandisers
  • Artist Signings with Disney Design Group Artists
  • One (1) $30 Disney Gift Card
  • Limited edition commemorative gifts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinylmation Showcase Package – $70
September 7, 2014
(9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)

Event Admission Includes:

• Opportunity to pre-purchase select themed merchandise designed for the event
  • Vinylmation Trading activities and Games
  • Silent Auction featuring a variety of Vinylmation items
  • Opportunity to trade for specially designed Vinylmation™ items produced for the Imagination Gala – Vinylmation Showcase
  • Meet the Disney Vinylmation Merchandiser
  • Artist Signings with Disney Design Group Artists
  • One (1) $15 Disney Gift Card
  • Limited edition commemorative gift

I know what you’re thinking … Will there be special breakfast experiences like there have been in year’s past? Of course! We have all of the details on the Imagination Gala, the Purple Carpet Pin Breakfast and Violet Carpet Vinylmation Breakfast online now.

Ticket sales and event registration will begin Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at 1:00 p.m. Eastern via www.DisneyParksMerchandise.com.

I couldn’t end this post without giving you a sneak peek at the art for some of the Disney pins and Vinylmation that will be offered as part of the event. For those of you who attended last year’s 13-Reflections of Evil trading event, you might remember casting your spell (I mean vote) for these. Take a look!

LGE831178THUMB LGE831177THUMB

Can’t wait to see you on the Magic Carpet!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Christopher on March 18th, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Michelle, will there be any other pin events at Disneyland this year other than the Nightmare in July and other than the Friday night PTNs? Was hoping for a Haunted Mansion themed event later this year.

Michelle Harker on March 18th, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Hey Christopher! Unfortunately I don’t have any information on any type of event or release happening later in the summer. But when I find out, I’ll make sure to post it here on the Disney Parks Blog.

Hope on March 18th, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Will the Merchandise Catalog be posted BEFORE registration? Considering, how fast last year’s event sold out, I’m worried there won’t be enough time to look at the merchandise and then make a decision to attend.

Michelle Harker on March 18th, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Hi Hope! We are working really hard to pull all of the information together for the merchandise catalog. I think you’re going to love it. I would expect that the catalog will probably come online around the same time as registration. Certainly if we are able to offer it sooner, we will.

clay from FL on March 19th, 2014 at 12:23 am

I am so excited… Right at my birthday…what a wonderful gift!! Are there any other events scheduled for Florida? I can’t wait to make my reservations!

Marc from CA on March 19th, 2014 at 8:46 am

I’m very excited about the Gala!

For the June 2014 Disneyland event, will there also be specific Vinylmations? (I’ve transitioned from pins to the VM’s.) Thanks.

Jennifer from MI on March 19th, 2014 at 11:59 am

Hi, Michelle. Last year there was the option to attend the Saturday pin event only (not packaged with Friday). Will that option be available again? We arrive in Orlando late Friday afternoon and won’t be able to attend the first day of the event (even if we could get tickets in the mad rush of registration!)

Hilary from IL on March 19th, 2014 at 2:56 pm

This makes me so sad. It seems these events always happen the weekend before we arrive at WDW. Last year we arrived the Monday after the event and event though we booked our vacation a week earlier for this year, we are arriving on the 8th, again the Monday after the event.

Alex on April 3rd, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I have the same question as Jennifer. Will an option open up for just one day of the Pin Trading event like last year? We’re planning a trip to the event but my wife won’t be able to take of Friday, so now we don’t think it’s worth it if we’re forced to pay for a two-day event when we can only go for one of those days. =(

Janet on April 9th, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Hello
Any chance we can move registration? I will need to be at the ESPN for the PTN in WDW at the time that registration starts? Or if not can we have sign ups for the event at the PTN? Thanks

Raquel on April 17th, 2014 at 5:54 pm

My husband and I attended last year with friends, where we met a lovely couple from Tennessee (we’re here in Florida). We’ve actually met up with them at Disney a few times since! This year I am VERY worried that we will not be able to attend what would hope to become a tradition. I am a School Counselor and it may not be possible for me to take that Friday off so soon after the year begins. If there isn’t a single day ticket for Saturday- we can’t afford to pay for the two-day ticket (to only go that one day) :( Any word on if single day tickets will be available?!!! Thank you!! <3

kevin on April 23rd, 2014 at 1:46 pm

how many tikets are they selling for this event
are you still going to have to wait in lines and do raffles even though youre paying to be there like if theres edition sizes of only 250 are they only selling 250 tikets to the event ?