Disneyland Monorail

Eggs-istencial Event Returns to Disney Parks

posted on March 21st, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

UPDATE 4/18: The Egg-stravaganza 2014 maps are sold out at Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park.

UPDATE 4/16: The Egg-stravaganza 2014 maps for Disneyland park have sold out. Egg-stravaganza 2014 maps are currently available to purchase for Disney California Adventure park and Epcot. Please note, quantities are limited and are going fast. Hop to it!

I know that many of you took part in last year’s egg-sperience at Disney California Adventure park and Epcot and loved it! Well I have egg-citing news, because it’s back by popular demand!

What can you egg-spect? From April 10 – 20, you’ll be able to search for special hidden “eggs” themed to Disney characters at Epcot, Disney California Adventure park and for the first time, Disneyland park!

Disneyland Park Egg-Stravaganza Egg Hunt

Epcot Egg-Stravaganza Egg Hunt Disney California Adventure Park Egg-Stravaganza Egg Hunt

How it works!
Have fun exploring the parks hunting for ‘eggs’ that portray Disney characters! Record your discoveries by placing the corresponding sticker on the specially themed Egg-stravaganza map to represent that location. Maps and stickers can be purchased for $4.95, plus tax at the following parks and locations:

• Disney California Adventure park – Elias & Co., Oswald’s, Radiator Springs Curios, Rushin’ River Outfitters, Studio Store and Treasures in Paradise.
  • Disneyland park – Disney Showcase, Fairy Tale Treasures, Gag Factory, Pieces of Eight and Pooh Corner
  • Epcot – Heritage Manor (American Adventure Pavilion), Disney Traders, International Gateway, Pin Central and Port of Entry

There are a dozen reasons for you to love the event this year! I know what new characters have been added, but it’s up to you to find them.

Don’t crack under the pressure! Whether you choose to hunt for eggs or not, return your map to a redemption location: Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure park; Disney Showcase in Disneyland park or Disney Traders in Epcot and participate in an ‘egg-scramble’ to pick up your surprise.

egg849444

What is the surprise, eggs-actly? Let’s just say it bears a striking resemblance to what you are already searching for!

Purchase as many maps as you’d like—while supplies last—and play again and again! No discounts apply. You should also know that separate admission is required to enter Disney Theme Parks and the experience is subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Are you as egg-cited as I am?

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Leslie on March 21st, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I missed this last year during Limited Time Magic, so am excited that it is coming back this year. Any thoughts on the likelihood that the maps will still be available for purchase on the last day, 4/20, for Disneyland & DCA? The ‘while supplies last’ makes me a bit nervous that supplies are limited. It would be disappointing to make the drive & not be able to get the maps. Thanks!

Michelle Harker on March 24th, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Hey Leslie! I would hope that there would be maps still available on on the 20th of April so that you can participate, but it will honestly depend on the popularity of the egg-sperience this year. I know there’s a lot of egg-citement!

Alyxandria on March 21st, 2014 at 8:30 pm

EEEEE! Actual egg prizes this time, AND it’s not only in Florida’s park! Hope that there’s still some there when I get there for this! Also hope that the eggs are in a better spot in DCA as last time one of them grew legs and walked away. ;) I can totally see my mother buying a map and saving it though, she’s a white rabbit fanatic you see…

Frank from FL on March 21st, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Can this be done at night at EPCOT? My wife and I would love to come over after work, we work seperate schedules and don’t have a day off together.

Michelle Harker on March 24th, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Hi Frank! You should be able to participate both night and day. Hope you enjoy taking part in it.

Christopher on March 22nd, 2014 at 1:09 am

I am so excited for this special event. I will be there on the 10th of April!

Adam on March 24th, 2014 at 11:48 am

Those eggs are awesome! Is there a way we can purchase a set for home use? I won’t be making it to the parks in time, but I’d love some for home use.

Michelle Harker on March 24th, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Hey Adam! This year the only way to obtain the eggs is to participate in the egg-stravaganza. I wish we were selling them this year, I’d buy a dozen. Hopefully next year.

Dinah on March 24th, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Ohhh, I can’t wait! I loved the egg hunt last year, and I can’t wait for this year’s. Couple of questions, if you know, Michelle. How big are those eggs (the ones you get from the redemption location)? Regular size, or smaller/larger? I think mini ones would be absolutely cute! Also, when you redeem one of those eggs, is it a blind choice, or do you get to choose a character?

Michelle Harker on March 26th, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Hi Dinah! Sorry for the delay in my response. The surprise eggs you receive at the redemption location when you participate in the egg hunt, are approximately 2″ tall. You are going to love them! It will be a blind choice, similar to last year. Basically think of it like a ‘find the peanut’ game. An egg will be placed under each larger ‘egg’ and they will be scrambled up. When you select the larger egg of your choice, you will find out which ‘surprise egg’ is underneath.

Royce on March 25th, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Any word on if the bunnies will come out to play (for meet and greets) during this time in the Big Thunder Mountain Jamboree area?

Michelle Harker on March 26th, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Hi Royce! I hope Dinah’s answer below was helpful to you. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Dinah on March 26th, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Royce: Yes, the Springtime Roundup starts this Fri., 3/28 and goes to 4/20.

“Some of your favorite Disney characters will be stopping by to meet you, along with Mr. Easter Bunny and a carrot patch of famous Disney rabbits.”

Royce on March 26th, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Dinah, where did you get that information from? Just curious so I can be better informed in the future.

Royce on March 26th, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Nevermind. Later found the blog post with it in there.

Dinah on March 27th, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Oh, how odd, Royce. I thought I included the link to the blog post in my reply. Oh well, glad you found the information.

Thanks, Michelle! I’m getting excited for this. Those eggs are VERY cute! :D

crispin from CA on March 27th, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Can’t wait to do this event. I didn’t know they did this last year too!

Sydney on March 27th, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Are the characters on the eggs the same at Disneyland and DCA?

Michelle Harker on March 27th, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Hi Sydney! There will twelve total eggs in each park. Ten of the eggs will be the same and two of eggs will be unique to each park.

Heather on March 27th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Do you get a surprise egg at each location or do you get one at the end when you have completed the entire map?

Michelle Harker on March 27th, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Hi Heather! You actually receive the surprise (egg) after completing the map. You will return to a redemption location and participate in an egg-scramble to find out which surprise you end up with.

pam on March 27th, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Is this a separate ticket like the trick or treat night? I have a pass and just wanted to know if I had to buy a special event ticket or if my pass was good like regular admission.

Michelle Harker on March 27th, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Hi Pam! If your pass is not blocked out during the time frame of the Egg-stravaganza you would use it as your admission into the parks. The map and stickers are $4.95, plus tax. There is no additional event ticket fee.

Alma from CA on March 27th, 2014 at 7:28 pm

How much is the entrance for this event?

Michelle Harker on March 27th, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Hey Alma! Normal theme park admission is required. The map and stickers are $4.95, plus tax to participate in the event.

Alma from CA on March 27th, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Thank You, we will be there, we have annual passes no black out dates. Yay!

Sean on March 28th, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Is the a FACEBOOK Event Page for this event?
I can’t seem to find one…

Michelle Harker on March 28th, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Hi Sean! There’s not. But we hope our Disney fans will be sharing their egg-ceptional finds on their social channels.

Theresa on March 28th, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Now I’m doubly excited to participate!

If we play multiple times and happen to choose the same character, will there be a way to choose another egg or exchange it for one we don’t have?

Michelle Harker on March 28th, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Hi Theresa! I’m starting to get the feeling by the end you may have a dozen eggs! My recommendation would be that if you receive the same egg twice, perhaps you can trade amongst your fellow egg hunters.

Claudia on March 31st, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Hi,Michelle..
I’m so excited about egg hunt event, first time ever for us

Michelle Harker on March 31st, 2014 at 2:07 pm

You’re going to love it! I was in the park this past weekend and couldn’t help but wish that it would have been taking place now. Let the countdown begin.

Amber on April 3rd, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Can you tell me approximately how big the eggs are that we are looking for? If I’m hunting with a 2 year old will he easily be able to spot them?

Michelle Harker on April 14th, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Hi Amber! You may have already visited by the time you read this, but the actual eggs you are searching for are quite big and can be easily spotted.

GARY on April 5th, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Are the maps available before April 10?

Victoria on April 8th, 2014 at 5:47 am

How many different surprises are there? The six shown?

Michelle Harker on April 14th, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Hi Victoria! If you participate in the Egg-stravaganza you will receive one of the six eggs shown above.

Howard from CA on April 10th, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I am taking my kid with me… what if we both get the same design of eggs, can we trade for something different?

Michelle Harker on April 14th, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Hi Howard! Sorry for the delay. Should you receieve the same design I think you’ll find quite a few other Guests eager to trade for different eggs.

Stacy on April 16th, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Are maps still available in Disneyland or DCA or is it sold out?

Colette on April 17th, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Will there be maps still available tomorrow, Friday April 18th?

Amber from CA on April 18th, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Sad that they are already sold out! I was going to bring my daughter on Easter.

Jessica on April 18th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

So they have completely sold out there is no way to buy anymore?

Amber from CA on April 18th, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Michelle-

Is there any more planned for Easter Sunday?

Jobynne from MB on April 18th, 2014 at 3:54 pm

I am so disappointed!!! We were looking so forward to this tomorrow! I will have a sad little boy.