Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 15th Anniversary of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Exciting News from Aulani for Fans of our Hawaiian Mele: Music of the Makaʻala Available for Download March 18

posted on March 17th, 2014 by Todd Apo, Director, Public Affairs, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa

Makaʻala Grand Lobby at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa

Mele means music, and it’s a key part of your Aulani arrival. When you get out of your car, you are greeted with an “Aloha,” a lei and the physical beauty of Aulani. But it gets better as you enter the Makaʻala Grand Lobby, where your senses are then filled with mele that is special to Aulani.

We are excited to announce that starting tomorrow, March 18, you can own that part of the Aulani experience. The Music of the Makaʻala will be available for purchase and download at disneymusicstore.com and other online outlets. These five special songs, written by Kealiʻi Reichel and Mark Mancina, help bring the Hawaii storytelling to life at Aulani … And now at your home, car and wherever you take your music with you.

One of the songs, “He Lei No Aulani” talks of the tranquil splendor and affectionate welcome that greets our guests. The lyrics begin, “Iā ʻoe ē keia wehi ē” – this adornment is for you. The song says that our greeting is told through everlasting love – “wear this lei, it is for you, the one who has come.”

E hoʻolohe ana mai – listen. The mele of Aulani is here for you.

Filed: Aulani, Disney Vacation Club, Hotels & Resorts

16 Comments Add Yours

Rob from WA on March 17th, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Finally! This was my second favorite part of Aulani, right behind Laniwai. My wife will be so happy!

Vikki on March 17th, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Is this available for people outside of the US?

Dustin on March 17th, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Maika’i!

Shanell from NJ on March 18th, 2014 at 12:09 am

Finally!! We love Aulani and can’t wait to go back!

Joseph on March 18th, 2014 at 1:02 am

So incredibility happy! My wife and I have been going crazy searching for this music since we went to Aulani our first time when it opened! Waited until just after midnight when it was made available for download on iTunes and downloaded it immediately! Thank you!!

Lawrence on March 18th, 2014 at 7:17 am

Got it! Now, can the Cars Land album be also made available?

Andrea from PA on March 18th, 2014 at 7:25 am

What wonderful news greeted me in my Inbox this morning! Just downloaded the album, so that my entire family can close our eyes and fondly remember our visit to Aulani–favorite family vacation EVER! Can’t wait to use the songs, too, when we surprise my mother-in-law with plans for our return–for her 70th birthday!

Mahalo!

Helen on March 18th, 2014 at 8:39 am

I’ve been waiting for this music to be released. Just bought it.
Mahalo!

Jennie from CA on March 18th, 2014 at 2:47 pm

My husband scoured the web looking for the music when we returned in 2012. He finally found it in China and we play it aaaaall the time. So excited to get a real download.

Dail from WA on March 18th, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I purchased a copy from iTunes Japan about 16 months ago. During that time I have listened to this music even more than Gavin Greenaway’s brilliant creations for Tapestry of Nations and Reflections of Earth. I’m thrilled that Kealiʻi Reichel and Mark Mancina’s wonderful work is now available in the US. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who was involved in the creation, production, and distribution!

Cheryl from WA on March 18th, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Awesome! I also loved the music in the elevators…it was some of the Disney movie songs sung by a Hawaiian artist. Anyone know where to get this music?

Robert on March 18th, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Great timing! Just got back from my second trip to Aulani Monday. Love the music – are they going to release the Disney Classic songs I heard in the elevator that were being sung in Hawaiian? I had to ride the elevator a couple of extra stops to hear the full version of “colors of the Wind” in Hawaiian – it was GREAT!!!

Jasmine on March 18th, 2014 at 11:23 pm

I too am curious if they are going to release the disney classic songs sung in Hawaiian. Please and thank you.

Connie from TX on March 21st, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Is there any way to get the music from other Disney resorts? I love the music I have heard at each of the resorts I have stayed at, particularly The Boardwalk and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. Can you tell me if there is a way to get music from those resorts? I sure would appreciate it. Thanks

Anita from SC on March 23rd, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I agree with the other comments – I loved the classic Disney music in the elevators. When will those be available?

John on June 30th, 2014 at 8:13 pm

What about lyrics and translations…We would love to know more about the meanings behind the song. Uncle said “a ala a” (spelling) meant “a new day”. Would love to know more!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.