Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

First Look: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Logo Unveiled

posted on March 18th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Check out the lovely piece of artwork that our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared with us – it’s the first look at the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train logo.

7_dwarfs_logo-1

Can you name each of the Seven Dwarfs in order from left to right on your first try? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

For more on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, check out the following Disney Parks Blog stories:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Tanya on March 18th, 2014 at 9:10 am

any date yet on the opening? Thanks :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 9:20 am

We keep asking and hope to have a date to share very soon!

Zach on March 18th, 2014 at 9:14 am

Bashful, Sleepy, Grumpy, Doc, Happy, Sneezy and Dopey!

A harder Dwarf WDW trivia question: Before the parking lots at the TTC were renamed for Heroes and Villians, 6 of the parking lots were named after the Dwarfs.

Does anyone remember which Dwarf didn’t have a parking lot? Bonus points if you know why!

Scott from FL on March 18th, 2014 at 9:15 am

Trusting Dopey with a pickaxe. I hope he’s had safety training.

Philip on March 18th, 2014 at 9:16 am

The Dwarfs from left to right: Bashful, Sleepy, Grumpy, Doc, Happy, Sneezy and Dopey.

Michelle on March 18th, 2014 at 9:18 am

Bashful, Sleepy, Grumpy, Doc, Happy, Sneezy, Dopey

Michelle on March 18th, 2014 at 9:19 am

Bashful, Sleepy, Grump, Doc, Happy, Sneezy, and Dopey.

kristin on March 18th, 2014 at 9:26 am

So in regards to fastpass+ will it been added to the attractions you can use fastpass+ on as soon as a open date is released? Or will it not show up till it is actually open? Crossing my fingers it will be open when we visit…

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 2:20 pm

My Disney Experience will be updated with the latest FastPass+ options for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train as soon as possible after the date is announced. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for that announcement.

Stephanie on March 18th, 2014 at 9:29 am

I heard that a few more walls came down recently and I can’t wait to check out the progress when I’m at Magic Kingdom tomorrow!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 10:05 am

Yes, you’ll be amazed at not only the progress, but how lovely the attraction is turning out to be!

Brian from FL on March 18th, 2014 at 10:08 am

I CAN’T WAIT!!!! I saw the Press Day schedule. Do you know if there will be a soft open or a Passholder exclusive? HIII HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 10:23 am

I have no information yet on openings or previews of any kind. Please stay tuned!

Jacqueline on March 18th, 2014 at 10:09 am

Hi Jennifer,

Disney has done it again with their creative logo design. I just love this and I’ll give naming the Dwarfs my best shot.

They are, from left to right, as you instructed:
Bashful, Sleepy, Grumpy,Doc, Happy, Sneezy, and Dopey. :)

Best regards,
Jackie

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 10:23 am

I love this one, too, Jackie! Very cute.

Michael on March 18th, 2014 at 11:11 am

@ Zach. The only dwarf that didn’t have a parking lot was Doc. Because you don’t park cars on a Doc, that’s where you park boats. :)

Ashleigh on March 18th, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Will be going to take my daughter in May for her first birthday, will the mine train be completed by then?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 1:48 pm

We don’t have an opening date yet. Please stay tuned!

Tina on March 18th, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Bashful, Sleepy, Grumpy, Doc, Happy, Sneezy, and Dopey.

Philip from UK on March 18th, 2014 at 2:37 pm

I hope there is plenty of merchandise with the new logo including T-Shirts. Can’t wait to ride when I come in May, Dying to make my fastpass reservations.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 4:19 pm

I hope you enjoy it, Philip! Stay tuned for an opening date!

Jennie from CA on March 18th, 2014 at 2:41 pm

So thrilled it should be open for our May trip. Love the logo. I can see it gracing the top of many scrapbook pages. Can’t wait to make mine.

Sandra on March 18th, 2014 at 5:34 pm

This logo was in the latest Disney Files magazine I got last week. I feel special that I got to see it before most people! I like it! Can’t wait to enjoy this attraction!

David from NJ on March 18th, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Yo Zach,
What’s the answer ???

Lisa from WI on March 18th, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Zach, in response to your trivia question: If I remember correctly, Doc did not have a parking lot because it may have caused confusion between the “Doc” parking lot and the boat “dock.”

John from OR on March 18th, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Zach, a couple of people have guessed Doc and have given the same reason, so that’s probably correct. But I would have guessed Sleepy because he might have fallen asleep at the wheel.

Hedley on March 19th, 2014 at 8:29 am

Good morning Jennifer.
Thank you so much for the updates on The Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride

We are bringing our seven year old Grandson to the Park on April 10th and it will be his first trip to Disney. We are all very excited.

Since we already have our Magic Bands with Fast passes – what would we do IF the ride is open ?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 19th, 2014 at 9:09 am

Please stay tuned for an opening date – as soon as we announce, it will be made available asap as a choice in My Disney Experience. Don’t forget, if you have a smartphone you can make changes to your FastPass+ selections at any time.

Jacob on March 19th, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Bashful,Sleepy,Grumpy,Doc,Happy,Sneezy, and last but not least Dopey. Will there be annual passholder soft opening for the Seven Dwarf Mine Train ride?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 19th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

We have no info yet on any kind of openings or preview events. Please keep checking back!

Michelle on March 20th, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I tried to scan the posts above, but I can’t tell if anyone knows when this ride will be open. My husband is on the edge of his seat….that is right I said my husband…our son and daughter are really excited too.haha

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 20th, 2014 at 2:59 pm

No opening date has been announced yet. Please stay tuned!