What a night for Disney’s “Frozen” at the 86th Annual Academy Awards ceremony – the film took home Oscars for both Best Animated Feature Film and Best Original Song (“Let It Go”).
At Disney Parks, we see every day how excited guests are about the film – whether it’s the families who line up to meet Anna and Elsa, the young guests who snap up Olaf plushes and “Frozen” princess dresses, or the thousands who end their night at Magic Kingdom Park by watching the “Frozen” segment in the “Celebrate the Magic” castle projection show.
Beginning this Sunday, March 9, guests at Magic Kingdom Park will also be able to spot the stars of this Oscar-winning film in yet another entertainment offering – the ‘Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade.’ The procession, which will serve as a tribute to New Fantasyland, will feature floats inspired by popular Disney and Pixar films. Anna and Elsa will appear on the Princess Garden float alongside other Disney Princesses, including Belle, Cinderella, and Tiana.
By the way, did you know that “Let It Go” was penned by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, who also wrote the soundtrack to “Finding Nemo – The Musical” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Don’t miss our interview with them on all things Disney here.
For more on the “Frozen”-inspired offerings at our Disney Parks, be sure to check out the related stories below.
- Warm Up To New Merchandise for Disney’s ‘Frozen’ at Disney Parks
- New Look at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques Celebrate Disney’s ‘Frozen’ and the Holidays at Disney Parks
- Disney Parks Will be Getting ‘Frozen’ this November
- Sights and Sounds of Disney Parks: Disney’s Songwriting Mom & Dad
- ‘Frozen’ fun at Disney Parks
- Sights and Sounds of Disney Parks: Disney’s ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Comes to Downtown Disney
- ‘Frozen’ Meet & Greet Debuts at Epcot
- Sights and Sounds of Disney Parks: ‘Frozen’ is Now the Coolest Soundtrack on Record