Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Country Bear Christmas Special at Magic Kingdom Park

IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party Celebrates Sweet Tastes At Epcot

posted on March 12th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Check out this genius idea – what if we took the best desserts and sparkling wines from all around World Showcase and gathered them in one area for an amazing – and delicious! – nighttime party? Well, it’s on, thanks to the new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party.

This new offering will take place at Epcot’s Showcase Plaza, a perfect place from which to view “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and will run from 7:45-9:20 p.m. The menu will include the best sweets from several international pavilions, including tiramisu and Prosecco from Italy; Vanilla Pot de Creme from France; baklava from Morocco and much more.

The IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party will cost $49 for adults and $29 for children. Parties begin March 15, and booking opens March 12. To book or learn more, call 407-WDW-DINE or visit Disneyworld.com/spring.

ddi837881

Filed: Disney Dining, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

CARLOS on March 12th, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Is it only going to run through spring? My famiy is coming out in August and I would like to celebrate my wedding anniversary with this party.

Christopher on March 12th, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Is this a limited time offering or will it be offered all year long? We are heading out for Food and Wine and it sounds like a great way to cap off the evening.

Janet on March 12th, 2014 at 6:17 pm

It’s always fun to do something new, and the Sparkling Dessert Party sounds like just the event to make a Disney vacation even more memorable. I hope to attend it with my family on our next vacation.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 13th, 2014 at 11:06 am

Sounds great – don’t forget that you can book this up to 180 days out.

Alan from NY on March 12th, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Is there a discount available for Tables in Wonderland?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 13th, 2014 at 11:08 am

Unfortunately there is no Tables In Wonderland discount on this.

Suzanne on March 12th, 2014 at 8:19 pm

OH MY GOODNESS this sounds incredible! I hope it’s going to be going on indefinitely because I just got back from Disney last week and can’t afford to go back already lol! I wonder if there’s something from all of the World Showcase countries? Is it like a buffet where you pick and choose or is it plated?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 13th, 2014 at 11:07 am

I just confirmed that it is a buffet.

Carol from FL on March 12th, 2014 at 8:27 pm

I booked it!! Are there chairs to sit in?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 9:37 am

I just confirmed that there are not chairs available in this area.

Miranda from FL on March 12th, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Can you use a table service credit for this?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 13th, 2014 at 11:05 am

Miranda – This is not a part of the Disney Dining Plan and would have to be booked separately.

Bruce on March 12th, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I just booked this for early September. I don’t even know what was offered yet

Susan on March 12th, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I felt very lucky to have been able to book this for four adults for March 21! But then the unofficial blogs started posting that there were no seats or tables…standing only. Many folks have received emails from Disney both confirming no seating and yes seating. Travel agents are posting that there is no seating. For this price…if there is no seating, I will need to cancel. Can we get the final answer? Not fair to find out when you arrive, I feel. Because then you are charged. Thanks so much!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 9:38 am

I just confirmed that there is no seating in this area. I hope that helps with your planning!

Patricia from OH on March 12th, 2014 at 10:07 pm

I am booked for this Saturday. Looking forward to being at the first gather.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 13th, 2014 at 11:05 am

I hope you have a great time!

Cory from AB on March 13th, 2014 at 12:32 am

If you wanted to extend this to Sundays in September, that wouldn’t hurt my feelings any!

Elaine from PA on March 13th, 2014 at 8:18 am

Love the Tomorrowland Terrace one at the MK and was thrilled when I first saw this. But since there is no seating for this I won’t be able to do it. I can’t stand very long so it would be too hard for me. The last time I did Illuminations I ended up sitting on the ground which was not a picnic.

Christopher on March 13th, 2014 at 11:26 am

Is the sparkling wine served at an open bar? Or is it limited to one or two alcoholic beverages per person? Are there any non-alcoholic beverages (soda, coffee, tea, espresso)?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 11:12 am

Yes, there will be non-alcoholic beverages. There is no limit on alcohol (please enjoy responsibly, of course). Like other locations, guests may take two beverages per ID at one time.

Tom on March 13th, 2014 at 11:51 am

Do we get a cast member discount?

Joe on March 13th, 2014 at 12:14 pm

have they announced the location for the party or are there going to be several locations depending on how many people sign up for it? also will they allow tripods to be set up in these areas to photograph the fireworks?

Michael on March 13th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Is 10+ considered an adult for this event?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 18th, 2014 at 9:39 am

Katie on March 13th, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Jennifer, Do they serve non- alcoholic beverages as well as the wine? I was wondering can my daughter go with me? She is 12.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 17th, 2014 at 9:39 am

Yes, they’ll have non-alcoholic beverages.

Kyle on March 13th, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Just made a reservation for March 28th. Can’t wait!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 13th, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Have a great time, Kyle.

Jennifer from MT on March 13th, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Is this only for DVC and AP members? Or, will the general public be able to attend?

Will there be any accomodations for mobility issues? Or, is this only a standing event?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 13th, 2014 at 4:44 pm

This is open to anyone who books. :)

Caroline on March 13th, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Haven’t seen an answer to this yet – will there be seating? Two hours + seems a long time to stand around. I have a knee problem and while I have this booked for August already – that may be an issue.

Thanks!

Mr on March 14th, 2014 at 3:13 am

My wife & I have done the dessert viewing at Tomorrowland Terrace in the Magic Kingdom, for NYE actually, and it was the best way to view the fireworks. I just booked this for us on 3/22. We’re looking forward to it.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 17th, 2014 at 9:39 am

Yes! I’ve done it, too, and it’s a great way to end the night at the park.

Wendy on March 14th, 2014 at 10:23 am

Hi Jennifer,
Can you confirm seating and if there is a limited number of glasses of wine that one guest can have? I booked for may but the dining agent didn’t have all the info. I got conflicting emails from Disney customer service; 2 days ago they said no seats and yesterday they said there would be. Just trying to clarify. thx!

Geoff on March 14th, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Booked! Can’t wait; should make for a good anniversary surprise!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 17th, 2014 at 9:38 am

Sounds like a GREAT surprise!

Joyce on March 14th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

I just booked for May 10th.. cannot wait! This is a big bonus to the awesome reservation line up we already have…including ‘Ohana, Cinderella’s Table, Be Our Guest, Chef Mickey, Tusker House, Hollywood & Vine, Yachtsman Steakhouse, T-Rex, and more! I am SO excited! Less than 60 days to go!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 17th, 2014 at 9:38 am

Sounds like you’re planning a seriously delicious itinerary!

Michele from MN on March 22nd, 2014 at 1:01 pm

This would be a really sweet option, but the lack of seating is going to make this a no go for me. :(

Daniel from MA on March 23rd, 2014 at 7:19 pm

My family is allergic to milk and gluten (wheat). Will there be options for us for alternative desserts? It is a lot of money to pay for just drinks and a reserved section.

Thanks!

David on March 29th, 2014 at 11:55 am

We’ve booked this for our trip in May. The reservation only says “World Showcase,” though. Where exactly do we go to check in? Where is the event set up? Does the location vary? Is that why the web site is non-specific?

Thanks!

Kristen from CO on April 4th, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I attended this event the first week. It takes place in the World Showcase Plaza, which is located just as you enter the World Showcase from Future World, between the two stores. It is a great viewing location.

The food was very good, the alcohol choices are a dry champagne and Prosecco, neither of which are are sweet wine, so if you want a sweet alcoholic drink, I suggest you grab something in the World Showcase and bring it with you.

There is no seating and a limited number of high cocktail tables (I’d say about 20 tables). We found a spot and sat on the ground for most of the party.

Hope this helps answer any of the questions.

George from NJ on April 23rd, 2014 at 12:38 pm

My wife and I will be going to this event on May 3rd. I am a beer drinker. Do thay serve beer as well as sparking wine which is great for my wife?

karen from VT on April 27th, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Thank you, Kristen from CO, for the information! :)

Cody on May 11th, 2014 at 12:41 am

I have reservations for 8:45pm on Saturday September 23rd. That means we cannot arrive before then right? If so I’m worried that 15 minutes before the show starts isn’t enough time and would probably cancel. Thanks for the help!

Jillian on May 24th, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Are strollers allowed in the area for this event?

Elizabeth on July 11th, 2014 at 1:11 am

Looking for the same answer as above, are strollers allowed in this event?

Anne from MA on July 16th, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Any current reviews of the party?

Julie from ME on July 28th, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I am planning on going to WDW at the end of January, 2015 and wanted to find out when the Illuminations Sparkling Desert Party will be available for booking a reservation? Also I wondered if they planned on opening all the dates for January all at once, or one day at a time? How early should we arrive before the event? And also I know certain places or events are unavailable during certain times of year (i.e. Mickey’s Backyard BBQ) does anyone know if they will actually be offering this event during that time period? Lastly is there any part of the viewing area that is elevated and if not can you bring your own folding chairs? I’ve learned it is all standing and it worries me that I am 5’4″ and my daughter is 5’3″ and we may end up standing behind someone over 6 feet tall. For the price you pay I want to at least have a decent view without worrying.