Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 15th Anniversary of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Learn to Draw Disney Characters at Animation Academy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on March 17th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Disney’s Hollywood Studios will mark its 25th anniversary on May 1, 2014. I was lucky enough to visit the park during its opening year and remember being absolutely fascinated by it – especially The Magic of Disney Animation, where you could learn about the process of hand-drawn animation and see firsthand how films are created. Did you know that films like “Lilo & Stitch” and “Brother Bear” were created within this very building?

Today, guests can stop into the pavilion’s Animation Academy and learn how to draw a real Disney character from one of our character artists – and new characters are added to the artists’ repertoires all the time, most recently Anna, Elsa and Olaf from Disney’s “Frozen.” I recently stopped in to check it out. Take a look in the video below.

Oh, and be sure to check the Disney Parks Blog later today for a step-by-step tutorial on how to draw Olaf from “Frozen!”

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

5 Comments 2 Replies Add Yours

Andrew from FL on March 17th, 2014 at 12:04 pm

What a great video! The Animation Academy is a hidden gem at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I recognize the Castmember, Brian, from our previous visits. He’s one of our favorites! I didn’t know they were offering lessons on drawing Frozen characters. Looks like it’s time for another visit.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 17th, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Sounds good, Andrew!

Laura from FL on March 17th, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I love going to Brian’s classes. He always has some trivia to give about the characters. Advice for when you are going to a class, get there early because there are only a limited number of desks available. Sometimes I have waited 2 or 3 rounds just to get in on busier days.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on March 17th, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Sounds like you are a big fan! Don’t miss his step-by-step tutorial on how to draw Olaf, too: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/do-you-want-to-draw-a-snowman-learn-how-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Cindy on March 17th, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Is FastPass available for this? Do I need to be there early in the day to attend? I have heard great things and I am really looking forward to going…SOON!

Skip from FL on March 17th, 2014 at 11:37 pm

W.D.W. Disney Quest also has an Animation Academy.
Classes there were given by cast member Becky.

Jaime on March 18th, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Is this available in Dland too?

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.