Disneyland Monorail

May the Fourth Be With You! Two New Star Wars-Themed Character Dining Experiences May 4-June 15 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on March 28th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

The Force is strong this year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

As Gary Buchanan has been sharing with everyone here on Disney Parks Blog, there’s a galaxy full of fun and excitement planned for this year’s Star Wars Weekends. Now there’s even more Star Wars fun coming your way with two new, out-of-this-world character dining experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Guests will be able to start their day with the “Star Wars Dine-In Galactic Breakfast” at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant. Inside, it’s a long time ago in a drive-in far, far away, where out-of-this-world breakfast delicacies are accompanied by thrilling movie moments from the Star Wars saga. Guests may encounter Darth Vader and other Star Wars film characters as they appear to step right off the screen to join the fun.

At dinner, famous Disney pals get dressed up as their favorite Star Wars characters for “Jedi Mickey’s Star Wars Dine at Hollywood & Vine.” Wearing his very own Jedi robe, Mickey joins a host of characters at guests’ tables for an intergalactic celebration of the saga, complete with Star Wars music, interactive moments and a delectable dinner buffet.

stt837881

Best of all, these exciting new character dining experiences won’t just be offered during Star Wars Weekends event days. Both experiences start May the 4th (known informally by many fans around the globe each year as “Star Wars Day”) and will continue to be offered daily through June 15, 2014.

Price of the breakfast experience is $47.99 for adults and $29.99 for children. The dinner experience is $55.99 for adults and $33.99 for children, or as part of the “Fantasmic!” Dinner Package at a price of adults $59.99 and $36.99 for children. Both experiences include a digital photograph. (Taxes and gratuity are not included in these prices.)

To book these experiences, guests can call 407-WDW-DINE or online at disneyworld.com/spring.

I can’t wait to take my boys to this. Who else is making reservations?

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney Dining, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Caryn from NJ on March 28th, 2014 at 7:12 pm

You can’t make reservations online for the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater breakfast. Online reservations are lunch & dinner only. I had to call.

Paul from LA on March 28th, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Online link doesn’t allow me to book breakfast at Sci-Fi

James from FL on March 28th, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Surprisingly, I was able to reserve a breakfast for May 23rd this evening by calling. So Star Wars breakfast then Rock Your Disney Side Party. YAY!

Eva on March 28th, 2014 at 8:42 pm

i can’t wait to do the star wars dining experience. We are doing it on May 8th at Hollywood & Vine. I haven’t seen my daughter this excited for dinner..can’t wait!!!

Shawn Slater on March 31st, 2014 at 7:54 am

Eva – Have a great time!

Brooke from CO on March 28th, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Jedi Mickey Dinner booked! My boys are going to love it.

Alejandro on March 29th, 2014 at 12:36 am

I just booked a breakfast character dining for Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre for May 5th so it looks like you can book this online without calling. It didn’t officially say the title this blog post gives it but it does say that it is “character dining”.

Timothy on March 29th, 2014 at 1:13 am

Will the character meals be the only Star Wars themed event for May 4th? I am hoping for Star Wars Day shirt and pin like previous years.

Rebecca from PA on March 29th, 2014 at 8:07 am

I was able to book the Sci Fi experience yesterday (for weekend V). Previous posters are correct. You have to call in and talk to a LIVE person to book. We are going to surprise the kids like we surprised them with Cinderella’s castle meal last year. Still not as cool as the Hoopla, but we are getting closer.

Rebecca from PA on March 29th, 2014 at 8:10 am

Oh, I just double checked…the online reservations DO work now!

Melissa on March 29th, 2014 at 8:53 am

We are booked for the Jedi Mickey Character Dinner on Star Wars Day. May the 4th be with you!

Shawn Slater on March 31st, 2014 at 7:55 am

Melissa – … always!

Beth on March 29th, 2014 at 9:24 am

I am so happy that I got reservations for dinner and breakfast, and overlaps with family here!

Steven on March 29th, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I was able to book Sci-Fi on my My Disney Experience account for the morning of May 6th!

Paul on March 29th, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Originally, I was disappointed by this. We’re not Star Wars fans at all and specifically planned around the Star Wars weekends. Dont get me wrong, we appreciate the whole franchise, it’s just not our thing. We can only get to WDW in May this year so we’re planning to go to DHS on a Thursday. Does this mean our dinner Sci-Fi DineIn reservations we made weeks ago will be Star Wars themed? Or is that location only being re-themed for breakfast??

Shawn Slater on March 31st, 2014 at 7:58 am

Paul – The ‘Star Wars’ characters, music, and film clips will only be presented during breakfast hours. Lunch and dinner at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant will be the regular experience.

Marcella on March 29th, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Was able to reserve the Sci-Fi breakfast via phone for May 7th, thanks so much for the info. My son and husband are so excited!

Diane on March 29th, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Yay! Made we have reservations now for the dinner and the breakfast May 30 and31. So excited!

Leigh on March 29th, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Has the menu been released for the Sci-Fi Galactic breakfast? I was able to book breakfast online for Monday May 26 but couldn’t get any times on Sat or Sunday. Can’t wait to go!

Joshua on March 31st, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Are there any other special activities scheduled for May 4 at Hollywood Studios?

Eric on March 31st, 2014 at 5:45 pm

This added dining option sounds fun. Since the Sci Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant is a Lunch and Dinner venue, could we possibly see a breakfast menu? Will this be all-you-care-to-eat, or a la cart breakfast? Will Disney Dining Plans be accepted. If so, would it be a Table Service, or Quick Service? Will this be Disney Characters (dressed as Star Wars Characters)only, or will Star Wars characters also make appearances? Always fun to see something new. Thanks.

Betty on April 1st, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I’m booked for May 10 – was able to do it online. Would be interested in hearing if this is a buffet or order from a menu? Hopefully that info will become available.

Elizabeth on April 2nd, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Will the characters be stationary so we can ensure we get photos with the ones we want or will they be walking around? I am not a fan of the photos with your 1/2 eaten plate of food in front of you.

Shawn Slater on April 2nd, 2014 at 4:25 pm

For those of you who have asked, I’ve checked with my friends on the Food & Beverage team, and while the menu for “Star Wars Dine-In Galactic Breakfast” is not yet available, I can tell you it will be prix fixe a la carte. That is, for the one fixed price you’ll receive an assortment of pastries, a choice of a starter and an entree from the menu, and a non-alcoholic beverage.

Sue from OH on April 4th, 2014 at 11:37 am

Can you use the Diisney dining plan? How many meals credits will it take? Thanks for the info.

Jeannie from FL on April 10th, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Will Tables in Wonderland discount be accepted for the SW Dinner?? Thanks!

Thomas from FL on April 15th, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I got my dinner reservations for the May 16th, the family is super excited it. Does anyone know who the Celebrities are going to be the first week or is it only gonna be Taylor?

Angela on April 24th, 2014 at 9:46 am

What’s on the menu for the Star Wars themed dinner at Hollywood and Vine?

Alysa on April 29th, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Any word on whether this will be offered next year as well? We are booking our trip for June 5th, 2015. Thanks in advance!

Derrick from FL on May 5th, 2014 at 12:23 am

We did the experience on May the 4th and it was worth every penny! The food was delicious and the characters were awesome!!!!! I would definitely recommend this to everyone and I will definitely be doing it again if it returns next year!

Teresa on May 5th, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Have you heard any rumors they might make that a permanent character meal?

Craig from MA on May 5th, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Really would love to see this extended through the summer or permanently! Will be sad to miss it in July!

Susana on May 12th, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Happy I am celebrating my birthday and my daughters with the Jedi Mickey Character Dinner/Fantasmic Package! Great way to start the birthday celebration!

Stephanie on May 15th, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Hi everyone, I booked Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine. It seems the character dining is saying for the dinner buffet. Does anyone know if the characters will be around for breakfast too?? We have a 10:30am reso. Thanks!!

Denise on June 20th, 2014 at 10:50 am

Any word on whether this will be extended? I have a dinner reservation there in the fall in the hopes that H&V will continue with the themed dinners, but I’d move elsewhere if there was no possibility of it!