Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

New Men’s Apparel to Show Your ‘Disney Side’ Now Arriving for Spring 2014 at Disney Parks

posted on March 3rd, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

NMN083623

A few weeks ago, I gave a look at new spring 2014 apparel for women and girls at Disney Parks. Today, I’m turning the spotlight on new apparel for men who want to show their “Disney Side” this spring at Disney Parks. From fun graphic T-shirts to woven gingham shirts, I found several new items during a recent visit to World of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace in Florida.

NMN083624

One of my favorite new programs this spring includes some great tropical imagery with Grumpy, Mickey Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck. These shirts make me long to be on a beach on the coast of somewhere beautiful!

NMN083625

You may also notice a new hat that has vintage character labels. They were designed by several Disney Design Group Artists and will also be included on new raglans. Tyler Dumas created the artwork for Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse, while Tim Whalen created the artwork for Grumpy. My favorite is the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit label, which was drawn by Dave Keefer.

NMN083626

The softlines team also introduced some graphic-focused designs. The left image features four, all-over tapa print T-shirts which remind me of Adventureland, Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room or Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (the Disneyland Resort also has versions of these too).

For the shirts on the right, the team added some colorful patterns to the classic standing Mickey Mouse silhouette.

NMN083627

Finally, bright colors are the focus of new color block resort logo T-shirts.

These items will be released in select locations at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. You may also find select items on our Disney Parks online store. The best place to check first is the “New Arrivals” page on that website.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

15 Comments 5 Replies Add Yours

Jeff from OH on March 3rd, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Steve:
Thanks for pictures, can’t wait till we get there as i always love to bring home a new shirt or two.

Luis on March 3rd, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Hello guys. Will these new styles also come in bigger sizes like 3XL?

Steven Miller on March 3rd, 2014 at 6:05 pm

@Luis – I spoke with the softlines development team who said that the colorblock tees will be offered in extended sizes like 3XL.

Anthony from PA on March 3rd, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Where can I purchase the mickey tiki god shirt or the Grumpy paradise shirt & the other beach shirts in the pictures ? Do they come in big sizes ? I seached the normal store sights & couldn’t find them ?
Thanks Tony

Steven Miller on March 3rd, 2014 at 6:13 pm

@Anthony – Those shirts may be offered on the Disney Parks online store at a future date. I would visit this page:

If not there, I would contact Merchandise Guest Services. There are two options available to contact them: by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com

The item numbers are as follows:

Grumpy Tee

S – 400007916036
M – 400007916043
L – 400007916050
XL – 400007916067
2XL – 400007916074

Patricia on March 3rd, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Can we please have more shirts in 3XL and bigger? My husband and I are larger and could find nothing on the last trip last September. The local store only goes to 2x now and its depressing to not be able to get the new shirts.

claude from FL on March 3rd, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I can never find shirts over 2x wish there was some

Tonya from FL on March 3rd, 2014 at 7:03 pm

My husband is a 3x as well and it’s nearly impossible to find shirts for him at Disneyworld. Please, please, please make more 3x!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2014 at 3:08 pm

@Patricia, Claude and Tonya – Thank you for the feedback. I will share it with the merchandising and planning teams.

david on March 3rd, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Hey there, Steven! I REALLY like the Tapa print shirts! The blue is my favorite! I might be putting that on my Fathers Day list! I’m a 2X….and I know some of the frustrations in not finding your size. Although most items are offered in 2X, I rarely find a 2X shirt in the Disney Store, once in a while in the Disney Outlet, and usually can find it at the Parks but they seem to go quickly. I have never had a problem getting one online as long as I dont wait too long to order it. I can imagine the frustration if trying to find a 3X or larger. Disney fans come in all sizes and should be able to show their “Disney Side” with Pride! Wishing you the best from STILL snowy Ohio! Your HM Pal, David

Andrea on March 4th, 2014 at 7:41 am

I’d love to know if Disney will ever offer tall sizes. My husband is 6’6″ and I’d love to get something that fits him! Any plans that you know of?

Richard from UT on March 4th, 2014 at 8:01 am

I would like to see Disney realize that men wear shirts other than T-shirts? I am happy to see the long sleep collared shirts but we are going into summer and need short sleeved collard shirts for men.

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2014 at 3:27 pm

@Richard – I know the team offers a variety of different options. I only picked a handful of things to showcase. I invite you to see some other tops on our Disney Parks online store:

For me, I choose really any Aloha shirt I can find :)

Crissy from FL on March 4th, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I am so envious of the men’s dress shirts. Disney made a few for women roughly ten years ago, but I’m not that tiny size any more. I’d LOVE for Disney to make them again. I would probably buy every color!

Christina from GA on March 4th, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Steven, I am LOVING all the new merchandise that is coming out! I loved the sneak peek for the Co-op, too! As always, you know I’ll ask for more Orange Bird t-shirts! ;) Seriously, though, it’s exciting to see all the options coming our way soon!

Tammy on March 5th, 2014 at 5:46 am

Hi Steven, can you tell me when the gingham shirts will be available for purchase via the online store? I won’t be able to visit Disneyland until later this year but would like to be able to get one of these nice shirts for my husband for his birthday in April. Please advise. Thanks!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2014 at 3:10 pm

@Tammy – Unfortunately, I don’t have a date when (or if) those shirts will be carried via the Disney Parks online store. I invite you to check out the “New Arrivals” page:

Typically, new things are added on Mondays. If I get an update, I will advise.

Another option may be to contact Merchandise Guest Services by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at
Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com. Please reference the following item numbers:

Blue
S – 400007957954
M – 400007957961
L – 400007957978
XL – 400007957985

Green
S – 400007957909
M – 400007957916
L – 400007957923
XL – 400007957930
2XL – 400007957947

Jason on March 8th, 2014 at 7:41 am

Steven the new merchandise looks great, I just returned from a wonderful trip and looked in every park to find men’s v-neck t shirts which are so popular these days. Any plans to offer these in the future?

Howard from PA on March 8th, 2014 at 5:38 pm

I think there should be a bigger selection of big men’s sizes…
How sad is it when we come on vacation and are limited to what merchandise we have available to us ??

Chaim on May 27th, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Will you have any other colors? I currently have a collection of over forty mickey-pocket button-down shirts but the white ones with silver Mickey on the pocket are wearing through. Will you be selling those again?

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.