Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

New Muppets Merchandise Comes to Disney Parks

posted on March 5th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

I’m sure many of you have your favorite Muppets characters. Which one do I relate to the most? I don’t know – I love them all! However I may have a little “Animal” in me. So naturally, when I found out we were going to have new Muppets-themed products at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts I knew it was time to play the music and light the lights, because “Muppets Most Wanted” is opening soon.

There are T-shirts for kids and adults, both long sleeve and short sleeve as well a fleece, all featuring iconic characters, logos and humorous phrases. My top picks? Take a look!

MMD735224

For those of you who are a bit more subtle in showing your Muppets side, consider one of our new mugs which will debut this April! These mugs feature a cast of characters, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beeker (meep, meep) and of course, Kermit the Frog. I mean let’s be honest, is there a better way to start your day off than with a cup of coffee in a favorite mug? Other than maybe a breakfast prepared by Swedish Chef, of course.

MMD735226

Want to nail a look so perfect even Miss Piggy would approve? Try one of the new nail polishes from “Muppets Most Wanted” 2014 Collection from OPI. Be sure to keep an eye out for it!

So where can you find some of these great new items? Look for them Studio Store in Disney California Adventure park and Stage 1 Company Store at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

If you can’t get enough Muppets, look for a special themed topiary at the 2014 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival this year. Tip: You can find it between the Italy and Germany pavilions.

If the Muppets theme song is now in your head … or you can’t wait to check out some of these great new offerings, well, than my job is done! I hope you love it all as much as I do.

Do do do do do, Mahna Mahna!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Fred from CA on March 5th, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Very cool! I love the Muppets, and I’m looking forward to the new film.

Michelle–
Have you heard anything about when seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show might finally be released on DVD? I know that a lot of Muppet fans have been wondering about this for quite some time. Is there any info at all? Thanks!

Michelle Harker on March 5th, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Hey Fred!! I haven’t heard anything about seasons 4 or 5, but as you can tell I’m clearly a Muppet fan, so rest assured if we get word, I’ll let you know.

Hiland on March 5th, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Oh! Those TALES OF A SIXTH-GRADE MUPPET books are there.. My kid loves those!

Ryan on March 5th, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Are these available now?

Michelle Harker on March 5th, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Ryan, you’ll find the tees for kids and adults available at both Disney California Adventure and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I love some of the great headwear too. So be sure to check it all out. As for the mugs, you may find one of them on hand now, but some of the others shown, will be hitting shelves next month.

Heather on March 5th, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I hope that these will still be around in November.

Ann on March 5th, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Love the green mug. Amazing-eyes!

Matthew on March 5th, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Loving that Statler and Waldorf shirt. :D

Katie on March 5th, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Loving all of the Muppet love! Personally, my favorite has always been Rowlf; I love that piano playing dog!

I also second the question by Fred: when will we get seasons 4 & 5 of the Muppet Show? If Disney is looking to really sell the Muppets, the best thing would be to have all of the seasons of the show available for purchase.

Ryan on March 6th, 2014 at 7:55 am

I agree with the previous poster. Where’s Rowlf the Dog? :) The Disney Store retail stores have ‘some’ Muppet merchandise for the new, upcoming movie..including full size plush of Rowlf and the Swedish Chef and very ‘tall’ coffee mugs. Would love to see even more adult and home accessory merchandising!
Favorites include Rowlf the Dog, Lew Zealand and his boomerang fish, Pigs in Space and Electric Mayhem!

Jayson from OR on March 6th, 2014 at 10:23 am

You can add me to having more DVD seasons as my Most Wanted Muppets. (See what I did there? Wocka wocka)
Hopefully some of these items will also be online.
Wonder if there are any Muppets Most Wanted pins.

Michelle Harker on March 12th, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Hey Jayson, I don’t see any Muppets Most Wanted pins, but I can tell you that there were a couple of pins released on March 6th on both coasts. The first was Animal – Wild One and the other featured Statler & Waldorf. Here’s a link to the page to find out more. http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.com/pins/browse/2014/03/

Steve on March 6th, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Is there any word on a Muppet Babies DVD release in the future?

Fred from CA on March 6th, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Thanks for the response Michelle.

At this point, the releases of seasons 4 and 5 really need to happen sooner than later! :)

Michelle Harker on March 12th, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Hey Fred!
I’m sensing that and I totally agree. Count me in for wanting them as well.

Terri on March 13th, 2014 at 8:55 am

Any new muppet pins coming soon?

kenneth on April 21st, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Hi Michelle,
Is there any word when the ‘group shot’ muppets mug may be available in the park? I’ve seen both the kermit and the Beeker mugs but no one in CA or DL has come across the group shot mug. Is it still on schedule for release? Thank you