Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Walt Disney Stands in Front of a Christmas Tree in his Studio Office

Spotlight on Disney Centerpiece Coming to Marketplace Co-Op at Downtown Disney Marketplace in 2014

posted on March 4th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

MCO994411

Today, I’m beginning a series of articles that will highlight the six boutiques coming to the Marketplace Co-Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort. You may recall last November that we announced this location that will serve as a testing space for new Disney retail concepts, shops and products. The first boutique I’m showcasing today is Disney Centerpiece, which will contain home products for guests who want a splash of Disney in their everyday lives. I spoke with Dana Harchar from the Global Retail Development team about the hand-crafted display fixtures you will find in this location once the shop opens in a couple of months.

MCO994412THUMB MCO994413THUMB

“Disney Centerpiece will have an eclectic mix of display fixtures for the merchandise,” explained Dana. “The neutral color fixtures will have a well-loved and repurposed feel. I chose a few accent colors that complement some merchandise created for this shop. Hand-made Hoosier cabinets will line the exposed brick walls. My teammate Bert McCumber printed three-dimensional models that we shared with the store operations team and other cast members working on this shop.”

The smaller fixture model shown above that resembles bench swings stacked on crates will house new decorative pillows. While speaking with Dana in her office, she showed me the computer image she created to determine exactly how many pillows that fixture will hold (she even included miniature Orange Bird pillows – awesome!).

MCO994414

The merchandise coming to this location looks amazing; it’s like they pulled these things directly from my brain!

MCO994415

There is an entire new collection of goods inspired by Adventureland and Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room. I love the ceramic Orange Bird figure and the miniature ceramic Dole Whips! The home décor team also made several small plates containing artwork with my favorite word, “Aloha!”

MCO994417THUMB MCO994416THUMB

Several attraction posters from Disney Parks will be included on glassware, small plates and coasters.

Finally, there will be an entire line of retro-inspired merchandise featuring some of the themed lands found at Disneyland park in California or Magic Kingdom Park in Florida. I love the salt and pepper shakers that resemble ride vehicles from the Mad Tea Party attraction.

Look for these items and more when Disney Centerpiece opens at the Marketplace Co-Op in a couple of months. Select items will also be carried on our Disney Parks online store at a future date.

Which items are your favorites? Please share in the “Comments” below.

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

robert on March 5th, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Tiki Room! Orange Bird! Retro items! All in one store?

So Much WOW in One Place!!!!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2014 at 2:59 pm

@Robert – Yes!!! I’m glad to know you are just as excited.

Adrienne from CA on March 5th, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Please, for the love of little Orange Birds, take whatever quantities you’ve ordered of these items and triple it. Quadruple it. Just make sure there’s some left for me when I go to Walt Disney World in November. This is the merchandise we’ve all been waiting for. I honestly, truly do not see a single piece in all of these photos that I couldn’t happily find a great spot for in my house. This is seriously the best merchandise collection I think Disney has ever created for the theme parks.

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2014 at 3:00 pm

@Adrienne – Wow! Thank you for such wonderful feedback. I will be sure to share it with the merchandising and planning teams.

Asia on March 6th, 2014 at 12:57 am

Literally dying over the Orange Bird merchandise.

Susie on March 6th, 2014 at 2:37 pm

I hope the dinner plates with the different lands are online!!!

Steven Miller on March 6th, 2014 at 3:00 pm

@Susie – From my understanding, they will be carried on the Disney Parks online store at a future date.

Brian on March 7th, 2014 at 10:03 am

Do you know what material the plates are made of? Specifically, the ones representing the Magic Kingdom lands.

Steven Miller on March 7th, 2014 at 1:23 pm

@Brian – Those plates will be made of melamine. They are dishwasher safe but should not be used in a microwave oven.

Thomas from IL on March 7th, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Hey Steven, have you heard whether Shag tiki items will be featured?

Steph on March 7th, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Are the items with Aloha on them plates or bowls, either way must have! Mr Toad is a yes along with the Tiki Birds set…….and oooooo what is the Teacups item, is it possibly a sugar and creamer set?
Everything here is just the type of things we always look for. Can’t even state how excited this makes me…..oh store please hurry and open.

Bridgette from OK on March 9th, 2014 at 3:03 pm

This store is will be hard on my souvenir budget! It looks like it might be my new favorite!

Jennifer on March 10th, 2014 at 2:13 am

LOVE! I am all about the retro look! So excited to see this next trip…can they ship internationally too? MUST have those super cool attraction glasses and the lands plates.

Stephanie from FL on March 11th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I think this store is going to bankrupt me.

Annette on March 31st, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Any word on when these will be available in California or online? Thanks Love all the items

Steven Miller on April 8th, 2014 at 2:05 pm

@Annette – You may want to visit the New Arrivals page on the Disney Parks online store:

Select items will also be coming to Disneyland Resort in the coming months.

Chrysty from CA on April 6th, 2014 at 6:03 pm

I was beyond excited to spot some of these items at Disneyland yesterday! I also saw that a couple of the Orange Bird items are now on DS.com. Can’t wait to see more, and to visit to the Co-Op in November!

Steven Miller on April 8th, 2014 at 2:05 pm

@Chrysty – You will continue to see a few items appear on the Disney Parks online store in the coming weeks. Typically, new items are added to the store on Mondays. Check out the New Arrivals page:

Traci on May 20th, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Will be going in September. I am going to be searching everywhere for “Everything is Satisfactual” plate!! I LOVE Splash Mountain. These are the type of souvenirs I want to bring home. Things that are tasteful, fun, specific park themes (not just Mickey Mouse), and most importantly things I can use everyday!! Great job design team!!!

Jennifer from PA on June 2nd, 2014 at 7:11 am

i am absolutely enamored with all of these retro items i’ve watched pop-up online and in the parks. I hope they’ll still be there when I visit in December!!!!!! (and if so, I’m sorry in advance to my bank account)

David on June 8th, 2014 at 2:05 am

I saw the Ceramic Elephants, took a picture and went home. That was a few weeks ago at Disneyland. Have been going back to get one and they are completely out at the parks here in CA. Will they get more in? PLEASE! I need one of those elephants – or two! THANK YOU