Walt Disney World, The Haunted Mansion Graveyard Scene

Today in Disney History: Fantasy Faire Opens at Disneyland Park, 2013

posted on March 12th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

One year ago today, we celebrated the expansion of Fantasyland at Disneyland park with the addition of Fantasy Faire, featuring the Royal Hall (where Disney princesses meet guests each day), the Royal Theatre (featuring the tales of “Tangled” and “Beauty and the Beast”) and Maurice’s Treats (serving delicious pastry twists and the wonderful Boysen Apple Freeze). I recently stopped by the Royal Theatre to chat with Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones, who join Rapunzel and Belle onstage each day, about the one-year anniversary of this new Disneyland park guest favorite.

What is your favorite part of Fantasy Faire? Tell us in the comments!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney History, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

9 Comments 1 Reply

Antonio on March 12th, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Those Garlic Cheese Twists they sell there are pretty much super amazing…

Fred from CA on March 12th, 2014 at 1:37 pm

This is a very well done area.

Dinah on March 12th, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Love all the additional videos that you’re including in the blog (at least it seems like there have been more from my POV). I’m sure they take a lot of time, so all your efforts are appreciated. Thank you!

Erin Glover on March 12th, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Thanks, Dinah! They’re fun for us as well. :)

Oleg from CA on March 12th, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Erin – thanks for sharing. I really love the witty banter that Smythe and Jones provide. This addition to Disneyland’s entertainment catalog is just fantastic.

Heidi on March 12th, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I haven’t been to the Disneyland Resort for over 2 years now! I’m DYING to go, but can’t until May 2015!! I love seeing the updates to the park. I am SO excited to bring my girls to the Fantasy Faire!! Thanks for sharing!!

Irene on March 13th, 2014 at 12:36 am

I love the Royal Theater and Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones are wonderful :) They can send me a smoldering look any day! The two plays are outstanding and have very clever dialogue and props. Well done to whoever came up with this.

Marisa on March 13th, 2014 at 10:59 am

I love the Fantasy Faire, and especially the music…Sir Sam of Morocco is fabulous and adds so much to the banter between Smythe and Jones…

Steven on March 13th, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Fantasy Faire has become one of my favorite spots in Disneyland! I love the “Tangled” show in the Royal Theatre and visiting Rapunzel’s tower, especially at night.

Breyanna on March 14th, 2014 at 2:51 am

Hi Erin!

I was just wondering, I’ve noticed Guests can meet Rapunzel and Eugene. Is that before the show or after? I would very much like to meet them!

Thanks!