Walt Disney World, The Haunted Mansion Graveyard Scene

All in the Details: Dopey Drops By Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on April 10th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Look who just stopped by New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park to check on the progress of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction – it’s Dopey!

DMT9076042

The attraction, which is still under construction, tells the story of “Seven Dwarfs Mine Train” from the perspectives of the Dwarfs. Positioned just behind Dopey in this photo, you can catch a glimpse of the “big drop” in the attraction, which takes place just after guests journey through the Dwarfs’ mine.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is scheduled to open later this spring (exact date is still yet-to-be-announced). In the meantime, what aspect of this attraction are you most excited to see for yourself? The mine? The view from the top? Tell us in the “Comments” section below!

For more about Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, visit the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Danielle on April 10th, 2014 at 9:04 am

I’m excited to see the entire ride. I honestly can’t pick apart a particular detail (and to be honest, I’ve stayed away from ‘spoilers’!). Hoping I get to ride it in early May. Time will tell…or the Disney Parks Blog ;) So excited to see New Fantasyland complete!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 10th, 2014 at 4:35 pm

As soon as I have opening date details, I’ll share them asap!

Mark on April 10th, 2014 at 10:24 am

I am very excited to experience what the swivel base on the cars has to offer. As always I am looking forward to see what kind of magic the Imagineers have come up with (hidden Mickey’s, gigots and gagits, beauty, etc.). Still hoping there’s an Annual Passholder special preview ;)

Susan on April 10th, 2014 at 10:46 am

All the shimmering jewels!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 10th, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Christina on April 10th, 2014 at 10:46 am

This is getting so frustrating! :) The opening date for new Fantasyland was announced months in advance. I have a birthday trip planned May 1-5, 2014 and would really love to know if it will be open in three weeks when I am there. I keep hearing rumors of May 2nd!

Judy from FL on April 10th, 2014 at 11:13 am

Just excited to see the entire ride. I keep looking everyday to see when it will open. Hopefully passholders will get a preview.

shannon on April 10th, 2014 at 11:23 am

i will be down for may 19-24 i hope i get to ride it before i go off to collage!! i wont be back for awhile after this trip!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 10th, 2014 at 4:36 pm

We hope to have an update soon.

Matt on April 10th, 2014 at 11:39 am

The press event is definitely May 2nd. Good luck Christina!

Heidi from NC on April 10th, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I’m going down May 13 so I hope it is opened by then! I am looking forward to all the walls being down!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 14th, 2014 at 11:33 am

I hope you enjoy your visit!

Sheri on April 10th, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Wish Disney would update everyone on the official opening date of this ride. It was originally to open Spring 2014. We scheduled our trip to coincide with the Grand Opening. Now I’m hearing it won’t be until the end of the year. I do understand that things happen and of course the ride needs to be safe, but PLEASE….just give us an update on the opening date.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 14th, 2014 at 11:33 am

We’re still on track for a spring opening. We hope to have an exact date to share with everyone soon!

Amanda on April 10th, 2014 at 1:12 pm

I am going down on April 30th and I am also hoping that it is open while we are down there. We planned our trip based on a spring opening and I will be bummed if it isn’t open. PRAYING FOR A SOFT OPENING AT LEAST WHILE I AM THERE :) :) :) :) I am hoping that the ride will fill in the huge hole when my favorite childhood ride was taken away!

John from DE on April 10th, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Jennifer,
I’m plotzing! Dopey is my FAVORITE Disney character and I hope that everyone gets to meet him (and/or other SWATSD characters) before or after the ride!
What a great picture! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you can make all the Disney blog readers’ dreams come true by opening tis incredible ride real soon! (-:3

Ajay on April 10th, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I HAVE to meet Dopey!! He is my favorite dwarf and I hope that he or all seven dwarfs are around their attraction!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 14th, 2014 at 11:34 am

There won’t be any character greeting opportunities at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, so to find any character you’re looking for it will be best to check the My Disney Experience App or pick up a Times Guide on the way into the park on the day of your visit.

stephanie from GA on April 10th, 2014 at 8:49 pm

We’ll be there May 3-10 and my kids are so excited about this ride. I hope that it’ll be open then (fingers crossed). Thanks for the update!

Jessica from FL on April 10th, 2014 at 10:02 pm

hoping it’ll be opening when I go over to MK for Disney24 next month!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 14th, 2014 at 11:35 am

I’ll be at #Disney24 also! I hope you have a great time.

Maria on April 10th, 2014 at 10:08 pm

I really hope this means that we’ll get to meet the dwarfs. Dopey is my all time favorite Disney character and I have never been able to miss him. It would make my year if I finally got to meet him after all this time.

Katie on April 11th, 2014 at 11:28 am

So want it to open anywhere between April 17th to April 27th, 2014…. I’m on my way home Mickey, please have this ride ready even if its a soft opening!

Jennifer on April 12th, 2014 at 9:41 am

Jennifer, can you tell me how BIG is that “big drop” in the ride? Was hoping to have the grandparents join us on this new attraction in November and would appreciate any info you can share. Thanks!

brian on April 15th, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Do we have a date for pass holder preview of the mine train?

SUE on April 15th, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Soooo excited to see new Fantasyland and ride the Minetrain. Days away from fast pass + planning and I really hope we can book this one for our June trip .

Amanda on April 16th, 2014 at 7:50 am

Will they do a passholders sneak peek like they did when they opened Fantasyland?

Tyler on April 16th, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Will the seven dwarfs interact more often? I would definitely like to meet them!