Disneyland Park, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

All in the Details: Glittering Gems Light Up Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Queue at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on April 22nd, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

This week, we’ve received some of our most exciting “sneak peek” photos yet from within Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. As we previously shared, the attraction features an interactive queue with a few different elements guests can look forward to.

jjj6273511

One interactive opportunity, according to our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering, is the chance to sort gemstones at a 15-foot digital sluice box. Here, guests can drag gems into different trays and match them by color and shape.

All in the Details: Glittering Gems Light Up Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Queue All in the Details: Glittering Gems Light Up Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Queue

Buckets of glittering gems also highlight the area – simply gorgeous props!

jjj3780041

For more on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train read the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Karen on April 22nd, 2014 at 9:06 am

Those are so cool! But when will it open? All the teasing! We’ll be there in a couple of weeks. Will we get to see this gem? Dopey? Grumpy? Sleepy? Please!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 22nd, 2014 at 9:20 am

As soon as I know, you’ll all know. I promise!

Mark on April 22nd, 2014 at 9:12 am

Not so sure about that ceiling projection, though… looks a little illusion breaking.

The rest looks cool. Crossing fingers that we somehow get to ride this next week while we’re there…

Alan on April 22nd, 2014 at 9:23 am

It looks amazing… I’m there in two weeks and hoping to be able to add this to my ‘must-dos’!

Jennifer from AL on April 22nd, 2014 at 9:27 am

It looks beautiful. My family can’t wait to experience this in person!

Danielle on April 22nd, 2014 at 9:27 am

Looks fantastic. Hoping upon hoping I *might* get to experience it in 2 weekends. (teehee). Also, totally unrelated, but I love the pictures from the NY World’s Fair you guys are flashing at the header of the Blog today in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Fair’s opening. Nice touch!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 22nd, 2014 at 9:38 am

Thank you!

Mark on April 22nd, 2014 at 9:51 am

I cannot wait to go through this attraction and hopefully it will be operating when I am there in early June!! I am really looking forward to riding it.

The photos are great but I know everything will look better in person.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 22nd, 2014 at 10:09 am

Pat on April 22nd, 2014 at 10:26 am

I can’t wait to sort the gems in person.

simon on April 22nd, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Will this new Ride be like big thunder Mountain with twists and turns?? Will the Mine its self move and the cars move with the tracks?? How Friendly is this Ride? What age gap is there for this Ride? What are the limits for people to ride this ride?? Will any of the Dwarfs be at the end of the ride greeting guests?? Will Snow white come to the ride? many questions for such a small area of the park?? Why was the expansion of the park not more?? Why did the expansion not go beyond the rail road tracks? Was there to much swamp land or could have Magic kingdom gotten Bigger??

Christine from NY on April 22nd, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Looks beautiful, but was truly disappointed that it wasn’t open for spring break :(

jamie on April 22nd, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I am going to be there May 1-9, I can’t wait until we find out the open dates! Hopefully it will be open when I am there!! Will there be any restrictions? Such as height restriction or expectant mothers advisory?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 22nd, 2014 at 4:32 pm

There will be a 38-inch height requirement when open. :)

Gary from NY on April 24th, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Disney world website has posted opening soon cant be long now!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 27th, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Yes, it is set to open this spring. No firm date has been announced yet. Please keep checking back!

Grace on April 24th, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Do we know if it is a two person ride? I’m taking my kids end of June and would love to go on this ride. They are young, so I am not comfortable putting one separate from me. Thanks

Jacqueline on April 26th, 2014 at 8:55 am

I will be at Magic Kingdom May 8th and 9th – do you think the new mine train will be open by then?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 27th, 2014 at 6:06 pm

We hope to have an opening date to share very soon!

Andrea on April 26th, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Cannot wait to ride this!!! I read the blog everyday for updates! Will have to plan a “special” trip from Las Vegas to experience this ride!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 27th, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Thanks for the compliment, Andrea! I hope you enjoy your trip. :)

Lori on April 29th, 2014 at 11:02 pm

WIll passholders get a chance to ride first?