Disney Cruise Line

Classic Eggs Benedict Back at Carnation Café in Disneyland Park

posted on April 23rd, 2014 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

UPDATE 4/24/14: The new Carnation Café menu items will be available beginning April 30.

nnn389701

Get ready for some menu changes at crowd-pleasing Carnation Café on Main Street, U.S.A., in Disneyland park. Importantly, an old favorite is returning — eggs Benedict on an English muffin with grilled Canadian bacon, poached eggs and Hollandaise with a side of the café’s breakfast potatoes – now that’s how we do breakfast at the Disneyland Resort.

It’s hard to compete with Oscar’s Choice: All-American Breakfast at Carnation Café, named in honor of cast member Oscar Martinez, who’s been at the restaurant since 1956 (you’ll find him there many mornings, posing for photos with happy guests). Oscar’s Choice gives you two eggs any style, bacon or chicken-apple sausage links, the café’s breakfast potatoes and toast.

Meatloaf at Carnation Café at Disneyland Park Sourdough Bacon Cheese Melt at Carnation Café at Disneyland Park

While they’re tweaking the menu, never fear, the homemade meatloaf stays on the menu, served with mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy and fresh veggies. It’s was one of Walt Disney’s favorite suppers, so we can’t imagine it ever will go away. Meanwhile, new on the menu is a sourdough bacon cheese melt, made with Angus chuck beef, pepper jack cheese, grilled onions, hickory-smoked bacon and spicy sauce on grilled sourdough. Now that’s a big bite of delicious.

For total indulgence, end with one of the new ice-cream floats – made with Barq’s Root Beer, Coca-Cola or Fanta Orange. (These replace the PB&J soda and chocolate-cherry coke.)

What’s your favorite at Carnation Café?

Filed: Disney Dining, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Anthony from CA on April 23rd, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Pam….glad to see the return of a classics. Would love to see the return of some of the classic sundaes like the Splash Mountain Sundae and Big Thunder Sundae one day. =)

Don on April 23rd, 2014 at 8:38 pm

I just checked the Disneyland website online menu and it does not show up yet. When will it be available, as I will be there in 4 days and would like to try it.

Pam Brandon on April 24th, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Don – The new Carnation Café menu items will be offered beginning April 30.

David on April 23rd, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Thank you so much for bring it back, it was my favorite!

Barbara on April 23rd, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I love the potato cheese soup. Any chance they could bring back the bowl option? A cup is just too small when I am enjoying this fantastic soup.

kathy on April 23rd, 2014 at 11:22 pm

It would have been nice to hear about a vegetarian option as well as all the meat selections.

Richard from UT on April 24th, 2014 at 7:22 am

I am so glad the Eggs Benedict is back! Now when do we get the Cinnamon Roll French Toast?

Craig from FL on April 24th, 2014 at 8:05 am

Breakfast on Mainstreet at Carnation Cafe is the perfect way to start a day at Disneyland! I personally love the classic Mickey waffle with bacon and a chocolate milk :)

Waldyr on April 24th, 2014 at 10:17 am

Is this new Menu already in place? I just found out about the PB&J soda and was planning on trying it out tomorrow.

Pam Brandon on April 24th, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Waldyr – You can find these new items on the Carnation Café menu beginning April 30.

Jennifer on April 24th, 2014 at 10:42 am

No more PB&J soda? Aww man! I didn’t even get to try it yet. :(

Leslie on April 24th, 2014 at 1:30 pm

I hope the steak and eggs remain on the breakfast menu, but it would be amazing if they could bring back the philly cheese with soup on the side option!

Crystal on April 24th, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Yay! I really missed the croissant benedict at the Carnation, glad to see a traditional eggs benedict is back! And love to see Oscar as well. He’s such a wonderful person ;)

Waldyr on April 25th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Thanks Pam, I will be having the PB&J today. Since it will only be around for a few more days. I won’t have time to get hooked on it (I hope). I’ll have to stop by one time for breakfast to try it out.

Diane on April 25th, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Carnation Cafe is my family’s favorite sit-down dining in the park. We try to make it to at least one meal there (preferably breakfast) on every visit. I usually stick with Oscar’s choice, but some of my family will be happy that the classic eggs benedict is back! I have met Oscar there several times and he is always incredibly welcoming and sweet. (He gave my sister one of his soup recipes once too!)

Chris on April 26th, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Drat, now I have a dilemma — a Mickey waffle is such a delight, but eggs Benedict is one of my favorite breakfasts. What to do?

Mark on April 28th, 2014 at 11:52 am

What! No cherry-chocolate Cokes? Bummer.

Frank on April 28th, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Very happy to see eggs benedict returning to Carnation Cafe! Since the menu revamp and expansion, I haven’t been all that eager to return for breakfast, tho’ I’ve been for lunch and dinner several times. Now I’m definitely encouraged to return for dinner!

Alas, poor PB&J and Chocolate-Cherry Coke, I knew them well. I was rather fond of these drinks, altho’ I don’t double I’m in the minority. :p

Susan from BC on April 28th, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Will they have a gluten-free option for the Eggs Benny?
I love Oscar (both the breakfast & the gent it’s named for)!