Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park

#DisneyKids: First Ear Hat at Disney Parks

posted on April 4th, 2014 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

We’re continuing our series of different firsts to experience at Disney Parks with one of those “must-haves” – a first Disney ear hat. Our ear hats are such identifiable icons that many families use them to mark their visit.

Parents share their ear hats with their children and also pass down the tradition of selecting one. It’s another one of those “firsts” at Disney Parks that I’m sure many readers have in common.

We’re just getting going with this new series so let us know about a special, memorable or even life changing first trip to Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort in the comments below and then check back for our new #DisneyKids series.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

8 Comments Add Yours

Tiffany on April 4th, 2014 at 10:13 am

Love, love, love this! The ears and the whole first time at WDW is so close to the hearts of my husband and I. When we took maternity pictures when I was pregnant w/ our first son, we included his ears in a few shots. We also celebrated his 1st b-day @ WDW w/ our parents and it is a memory I will cherish forever! We now have a second son and will be heading back to WDW in Nov. to celebrate his 1st b-day!

Stephanie from NJ on April 4th, 2014 at 10:20 am

Love this! We just bought our second pair of classic ears in January to share the news with our families that our second Mouseketeer will be joining us in July :)

Kayla on April 4th, 2014 at 5:58 pm

This totally made me cry! Such a sweet moment! :)

Heather on April 4th, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Love this! We are taking our 5 year old daughter and 2 year old son for their first trip in November. So excited!

Kathy from WA on April 5th, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Had tears when I saw this! It’s soooo cute, can’t wait to visit the House of Mouse in July!!!!!!!!!

Alison from CA on April 5th, 2014 at 9:26 pm

I have my own first ears from about 45 years ago, in a curio cabinet in my office. Classic: red felt, black trim, black ears. LOVE them.

Oleg from CA on April 6th, 2014 at 10:04 pm

My 2 favorite memories were visiting with a favorite character that I wanted to see (and remembered ;-) ). And being tall enough to ride Matterhorn. that was a big deal.

Stacey on April 9th, 2014 at 12:49 am

I still have my first pair of Mickey ears from 1973 at Walt Disney World. I was 6 when I got them on a family trip. They even have my name on it. Mickey ears have shown some of their age but will never get rid of them. It was when you had to have tickets for each ride(A, B, C, etc). I have other Mickey ears (Halloween and Christmas)but this original pair will remain the best ones yet.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.