Disney Cruise Line

Disneyland Wins First-Ever March Magic Challenge

posted on April 10th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Yo ho yo ho, an ice cream sundae for me! That’s right – the Caribbean Pirates have claimed the first-ever March Magic victory on Facebook, making Disneyland the winning resort. You may remember that I made a little wager with my fellow Disney Parks Blog author, Gary Buchanan … If Walt Disney World won, he’d be doused by the world’s biggest Dole Whip (“big game” style) and if Disneyland won, he’d have to buy me the biggest ice cream sundae that Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor can make. Well, yesterday the time came for him to pay up!

MMP076894

As fate would have it, Gary was visiting here at Disneyland this week so he was able to make good on our wager in person. Yes, I shared with him – after all, he’s a world-class sundae champion. And there was even enough for Disneyland Resort Chief Photographer Paul Hiffmeyer, who joined us and grabbed this photo.

Congrats to the Caribbean Pirates on their victory!

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

14 Comments 2 Replies Add Yours

Anthony on April 10th, 2014 at 4:26 pm

This was a lot of fun. I hope it continues for years to come.

Nicolette on April 10th, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Let me tell you…you may have the best job ever…in my eye’s! I love that place! Always one of our stops!

Erin Glover on April 10th, 2014 at 6:10 pm

It was definitely a good day at the office, Nicolette. ;)

Eric from CA on April 10th, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Such a fun awesome photo! I think you had a sure-bet with the Pirates. Congrats.

Erin Glover on April 10th, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Agreed! Thanks, Eric!

Kyle on April 10th, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Any plans for merchandise for the teams I think that’ll be a great idea.

John from OR on April 10th, 2014 at 4:48 pm

I was surprised, but happy, about the outcome. Great photo, by the way.

Jacqueline on April 10th, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Hi Erin and Gary!

That was an awesome and fair wager and looks delicious!
Congratulations Caribbean Pirates at Disneyland Park!

What a fun game that was to follow, I hope it returns soon.

In the meantime maybe Gary would enjoy a churro. :)

Jackie

Adam on April 10th, 2014 at 6:27 pm

The Happy Haunts will have their day (or night because they haunt their best in gloomy darkness). You have to think, though….3 Hitchhikers vs. how many pirates?? I’m just kidding. :) Congratulations to the Caribbean Pirates! But….there is always next year….. :)

Fred from CA on April 10th, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Congratulations to Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean! (And to you too, Erin! :) )

I’m always glad to see Walt’s original park get attention.

Bob on April 10th, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Sweet victory! That’s my wife’s favorite ride. Although I’m not going to lie. Now I can’t stop thinking about what the world’s largest Dole Whip would look like.

Jessica on April 10th, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Haha very nice Erin! Gary seemed to be a good sport coming up on his side of the deal.

Go pirates! :D

beth from CA on April 10th, 2014 at 8:35 pm

looks good hey he got off easy you could have taken him over to paradise pier and gotten a kitchen sink lol, btw how do I get your job? lol

Kenny on April 11th, 2014 at 3:06 am

A well-deserved win for Disneyland! I was going to make a comment about making Gary buy you a Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream at Walt Disney World instead, but I learn from Beth’s comment that they have them in California too — I did not know that! Still, Gibson Girl is pretty fantastic, and there’s just something about eating ice cream on Main Street, USA.

Danielle on April 11th, 2014 at 8:10 am

It’s alright, Gary! 2015 is the year of Dole Whip dousing!!!

Dustin on April 11th, 2014 at 7:09 pm

My very favorite ride in all Disney parks won, woohoo!

It’s hilarious how Gary would have been on the short end of things whether he lost or won. Poor guy!

I think making the logos from the teams available is a great idea.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.