'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Download Our Exclusive Carousel of Progress Wallpaper

posted on April 22nd, 2014 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

As Jennifer shared earlier this morning, we’re celebrating the 50th anniversary of the opening of the 1964 New York World’s Fair. And one of the attractions designed for the fair that made its way into Disney Parks is a reader favorite – the Carousel of Progress.

Today, we’re featuring the attraction in our newest desktop/smartphone wallpaper created by artist Jason “Tiki” Tackett.
Tackett_COP50th_1024x1024

Be sure to check out the terms of use about using the and wallpaper before you download it.

And don’t miss our growing gallery of wallpapers created especially for Disney Parks Blog readers.

Read more about Disney attractions at the World’s Fair in the posts below:

Filed: Disney History, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

9 Comments 1 Reply

Kevin on April 22nd, 2014 at 3:31 pm

I’m so glad to see that those “other” 50-year old attractions are getting some love too! I was worried that it’s a small world would steal the spotlight. Carousel of Progress has that great vintage charm to it, while still looking toward the future

John from FL on April 22nd, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Could you give me a hint as to how I can download it? ~ Thanks

Thomas Smith on April 25th, 2014 at 11:38 am

Hi John, just click and image and you’ll find your screen size to download. And here’s the link to the gallery: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/disney-parks-wallpapers/

Peter on April 22nd, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Nice to see the Disneyland (’67) and Disney World (’75) eras getting a nod in the image!

brett from CA on April 22nd, 2014 at 6:36 pm

i love the wallpaper so much. i love carrousel of progress when i was a kid . will there be more things coming for carousel of progress ?

Leslie on April 22nd, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Brett – if you go out to the Dismey Store online, there is a Limited Edition attraction poster parks t-shirt this week for the Carousel of Progress 50tn anniversary. They are only available to order through this coming Sunday, April 27. A nice addition is they added a kids size. I ordered mine this morning!

Scott on April 22nd, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Beautiful!
I love this show!
I wish this was at the Disneyland Resort still today!!
I cannot wait to see what awaits in the near future in Disneyland Resorts Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland’s future!!!

Mary from KY on April 22nd, 2014 at 11:34 pm

The screen on my laptop is 1280×800, so I guess I can’t use any of these. :(

Daniel on April 24th, 2014 at 12:36 am

…and there’s the WEDway! A nice touch!

Jason on April 25th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Mary ~ Download the 2560×1600 wallpaper and use the “stretch” or “fit” option in your desktop settings to fit it to your screen. :)