'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Full Ride-Through: Take A Trip Aboard Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in New Fantasyland

posted on April 30th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Are you ready to take a trip aboard Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and journey into the lives of the Seven Dwarfs? Then check out this full ride-through video of the attraction, which is set to open this spring in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

It sure looks like the Imagineers did a great job. What makes you excited to ride? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

See the posts below for more on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Karen on April 30th, 2014 at 4:08 pm

I am dying to ride this. I want to see every one of the 7 Dwarves, but especially Dopey. I’ll be there next week, but I heard today they won’t be opening until late May. That makes me so sad.

Erika on April 30th, 2014 at 4:08 pm

It looks amazing and all ready to go! So it will be open when I am there on May 7th, right Jennifer;)? Aren’t you getting sick of me stalking your posts on this blog? :P

Ethan on April 30th, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Me, too! Looks like a blast.

Bradley from TX on April 30th, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I saw a scene transition after viewing inside the mine. I’m thinking that there’s still one more surprise left in store for this ride.

Ajay on April 30th, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I thought it would open on May 2nd but its not! I may be there in August. Hopefully it will be open! The dark ride scene is very beautiful!

Tanya on April 30th, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I am so excited about riding the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It looks amazing! Can’t wait to see my favorite dwarf, Dopey!

Leslie on April 30th, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I cannot wait to see inside of the mine!! I am sure the pictures and video don’t even do it justice. So excited! Only 165 more days until our next Disney trip! Lol.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 4:21 pm

It’s a gorgeous attraction, both inside and out. :)

Steven on April 30th, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Love how it’s a dark ride and coaster combined. I’ll be in the Magic Kingdom on June 20th and 23rd, so hopefully it will be open by then!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Yes – the unique combination looks like a very cool and different experience.

Shari Ann on April 30th, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I’ll be there on the 10th, any chance we’ll get to ride this??? ;)

Matt on April 30th, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Thank you for the update Jennifer! We are excited to try out the next generation of Disney family rides. Here’s hoping that you’ll have another update soon, my family is coming next week ;)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 4:36 pm

We hope to have another update VERY soon. Be sure to stay tuned to the blog and Twitter (@waltdisneyworld).

Kelly on April 30th, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Oh WOW~~ I can not wait to visit again to check it out in person. Looks like they cut a portion out….so glad they did, would rather save some mystery and excitement for the actual ride!!!

Jennifer from AL on April 30th, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I am so excited because all my children meet the height requirement. First “coaster” we can experience as a family!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 4:36 pm

That’s great, Jennifer! :)

Jacqueline on April 30th, 2014 at 4:24 pm

We can’t wait for the last week of October to experience this in celebration of my husbands birthday on Halloween!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I hope you both enjoy it!

Ajay on April 30th, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Wait………… There’s only one dark ride scene? Or they did not show it?

Anthony on April 30th, 2014 at 4:26 pm

It looks amazing. I’m so glad Disney went tame with this coaster. Now the whole family can enjoy it!

Sabrina on April 30th, 2014 at 4:31 pm

What’s the height requirement for this ride?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Sabrina – the height requirement is 38 inches.

Bob on April 30th, 2014 at 4:32 pm

This is incredible! :D I can’t wait to experience Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in person. Aside from the amazing journey into the mine, I think I am most looking forward to the unique views of New Fantasyland that this ride provides guests.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Yes! I think there will be a lot of different things to enjoy here.

Lauren on April 30th, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Always love new attractions at Disney. Hoping this is open when we arrive in 18 days! I was blessed to be in California the week Cars Land opened to the public and that was awesome. Can’t wait to see the New Fantasyland!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Cars Land is amazing! New Fantasyland is lovely and the new attractions are a blast. I hope you love it.

Alexander on April 30th, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Still keeping that final lift hill a secret? I’m guessing thats the climactic point of the ride. Is something special going to happen there?

Lucinda from IL on April 30th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Hi-ho!! Hi-ho!! Just rode virtually with the kids. Looks fantastic. Bravo!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Matthew from NE on April 30th, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I saw an online article that said the ride would open May 2

Kathy on April 30th, 2014 at 5:30 pm

I feel like I’m a stalker with this ride..I can’t stop thinking about it as we are going to be there in 22 days!! I love it and keep praying that we get to ride it and not leave “Grumpy” because we didn’t get on :(

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 7:05 pm

We hope to have news to share soon! We know everyone is excited!

James from OR on April 30th, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I’m excited to ride it with my grandsons and hear their giggles! :D

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I can’t wait to ride with my son! :)

David on April 30th, 2014 at 6:28 pm

But it does look great!! Can’t wait to ride it in Sept. I just wish we knew the opening date for some friends of ours that are going in May. I know it’s not your fault they can’t share the opening date, but it does make us go crazy!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 30th, 2014 at 7:05 pm

We hope to have something to share very soon. Keep your eye on the blog!

Rachel on April 30th, 2014 at 7:02 pm

I am from Wisconsin and don’t get to go to Disney that often. I am going with my family and taking my fiance for his first time there during the week of May 11 so I would really love to experience this with him!I’ve been checking every couple of hours for new updates! I’m obsessed!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 1st, 2014 at 9:04 am

Please stay tuned! We hope to have more to share this week.

sandra from ON on April 30th, 2014 at 7:31 pm

does anyone know when the not so scary tickets go on sale??

Dayna on April 30th, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Thank you for posting the ride. The music was very distracting as music is a HUGE part of any story and I hope that was added by you and not part of the outside part of the ride.

Jarrod on April 30th, 2014 at 8:30 pm

It looks amazing…sad thing is that we booked our trip just for this ride May 11th thru the morning of the 16th and now I’m hearing it won’t open till late May.
Its sad that once again we will have to wait another year to ride it especially when we are such devoted costumers.

Edward on April 30th, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Look amazing! I wish I would have known a date for opening before making reservations. We’ll be down there in 13 days and will probably end up missing it. :\

Jennifer on April 30th, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I’m most excited about the 38″ height requirement. We have a 2 1/2, 5 and 9 year old so it’s nice to see some more coasters that the whole family can ride!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 1st, 2014 at 9:04 am

I’m excited, too. My own son makes the cut!

Morgan on April 30th, 2014 at 9:26 pm

It looks very similar to Thunder Mountain Railroad, except for the “dark ride” portion. I hope it has more differences in person! Love the interactive line!

Colleen on April 30th, 2014 at 10:10 pm

It looks like a nice “transition” ride for children from the Barnstormer to Big Thunder/Space Mountain. Can’t wait!

Pamela on April 30th, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I’m leaving for Disney in 2 wks for my birthday on the 17th of May :) Being able to ride that on my birthday would be an awesome present :)

Ryan on May 1st, 2014 at 3:32 am

I timed our Disney World vacation specifically to accommodate this attraction. In my dreams I’d have the willpower to resist spoilers, but I’ve watched every update video, including those uploaded by park visitors. Snow White is my favorite film of all time and this ride has got me quaking with excitement. I’m so happy the Imagineers referenced the original film to create this attraction, especially rotoscoping the dwarfs marching home. I also love how Disney basically invents new technology for rides like this. The 3D audioanimatronics look even better than the giant Buzz Lightyear in Astro Blasters. I’m particularly excited about the swinging mine cart effect. I can’t wait for our trip in December.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 1st, 2014 at 9:05 am

I hope you have a great time, Ryan. The holiday season is a wonderful time to visit, too.

Daniel from NJ on May 1st, 2014 at 9:09 am

We are coming the very end of June – does anyone have any idea when this will be a Fastpass+ option? I expect the lines will be long for this ride and I want to make sure I get a turn…

steven on May 1st, 2014 at 10:44 am

On the Disney website for the ride, after taking a short quiz, it tells you to come back on May 18th for training. My guess is the ride opens May 18th. Bummer will be there 7-11th and we planned our trip for this ride.

Susan from MT on May 1st, 2014 at 10:54 am

Thinking it will be a soft opening for about a month, maybe open some days, maybe not, have to make sure all the bugs are worked out before it fully opens to the public? We were there last year, tried really hard to see something cute, but no luck. This year is our year for Disneyland, 2015 for Disney World again, but the mine ride looks so cool I can’t wait!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 1st, 2014 at 2:11 pm

We hope to have an update soon!

Sheri on May 1st, 2014 at 11:37 am

We will be leaving WDW on May 18 to go back home. Been waiting 2 years for this to open. Scheduled our trip around Spring 2014 opening. Wouldn’t that just stink if it opened the day we leave:((((((.

Michelle on May 1st, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Jennifer, the ride looks fantastic! I can’t wait to see the details up close. Really looking forward to my trip at the end of the month. I’m coming for the Rock Your Disney Side event and will be in WDW for 7 days. Hoping for a chance to ride. The imagineers have done a great job!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 1st, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Rock Your Disney Side should be a fun time. Hope you enjoy!

Janet on May 1st, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Thanks for sharing the video — the new attraction looks wonderful! I can’t wait to see it in person.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 1st, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Christine from NY on May 1st, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Can’t wait, looks awesome! My niece will love it, she is a true Snow White fan. :)

Janet on May 1st, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Did anyone else see the “hidden Mickey”?

Louis on May 2nd, 2014 at 12:02 am

Looks like fun, will enjoy it in November when I am out their for a D23 event, but looks like a real short ride, which no one seems to be talking about.

Dan on May 4th, 2014 at 9:35 am

Thinking that this would be running by then I booked my trip from May 18 thru 25th. Wouldn’t you know it? Just missed it. Solution, I added 3 more days so I could ride. Had the hardest time getting fastpass for it. Woila!

Dan on May 4th, 2014 at 1:03 pm

We are so looking to coming to Disney, I just wish this one opens early!!!!! :)

heather on May 9th, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Yay!! That looks like soooo much fun! My daughter is currently 37 1/4 inches tall!! I hope she will grow just a little more for our trip this summer :) She would just love it!!

Rosalie on May 9th, 2014 at 6:14 pm

awesome, can’t wait to ride it. Thanks for sharing the video, be there soon. Love every visit to Disney.

Melody on May 12th, 2014 at 8:56 am

From what the sign read yesterday at Magic Kingdom, it is set to open May 28th! Is there a way to sign up for or reserve a seat the day/week it opens?!

Eugene on May 15th, 2014 at 8:59 am

The ride looks fantastic. I can hardly wait to ride it. It looks unbelievable like all the other rides in all the parks. Keep up the good work.

Raiza on May 15th, 2014 at 10:18 am

I can’t wait for this!! I think I’m more excited than my children lol. fast pass, check!!