Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Step In Time: The Fun Return of ‘Main Street Electrical Parade’ to Magic Kingdom Park in 1999

posted on April 14th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

If you’re a fan of the “Main Street Electrical Parade,” then this is a video from our archives that you absolutely must see.

In May 1999, a few weeks before “Main Street Electrical Parade” made its return to Magic Kingdom Park, the parade floats were taken out of the park for a rare overnight road test. See this amazing sight below.

Can you imagine passing some of these sights on your way to your Disney resort?

Filed: Disney History, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Christiaan from Netherlands on April 14th, 2014 at 10:51 am

That’s so amazing, wish i coudl have seen it with my own eyes. Can’t wait to get back to the Disney World in November!

Alejandro on April 14th, 2014 at 11:07 am

today has got to be the day you post the opening date of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride.

Allison on April 14th, 2014 at 11:10 am

Not to be “that guy,” but where you say “made it’s return” in that second paragraph, it should be “its.” “It’s” means “it is” and doesn’t make sense in the context. :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 14th, 2014 at 12:52 pm

No problem. Thanks for the help.

Stephen from TN on April 14th, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Very cool. I can only imagine the surprise on guest faces as they saw that going down the road. What was the route that they took? Good call to have Goofy leading the caravan.

Jacqueline on April 14th, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Hi Jennifer!

I’m watching the video with my son right now, and once again you’ve made him smile. He loved the Main Street Electrical Parade as a little boy and his face would light right up. It was a sight to see!

Jackie

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on April 14th, 2014 at 2:54 pm

That’s great to hear, thanks Jackie!

Victoria on April 15th, 2014 at 10:18 am

What a shame that they couldn’t use the original music from the Parade in this video clip. I own the “Fantasia/MSEP” CD and listen to it all the time. Fabulous memories. I was incredibly saddened when the MSEP left Anaheim, so unfortunate!

Jami from TN on April 15th, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Thanks for posting that video! I would have loved to have been there. :) So how many times has MSEP switched coasts? If it returned to MK in 1999 and then again just a few yrs ago, are these the 2 times it’s come back to Florida? Just curious because I remember seeing it when I was younger but just can’t remember the year. Heck it may even have been in 1999. Thanks again for posting! Love seeing these unique experiences again.

Matt on April 15th, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I love this so much. Does anyone else remember a commercial that aired during the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade on TV where these folks out in the desert or somewhere were describing these strange lights with strange music they saw in the distance which turns out to be the parade as if it were traveling across the country from Disneyland down to Walt Disney World?