Disney's Electrical Parade

Time-Lapse Video: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Refurbishment at Disneyland Park

posted on April 18th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

It’s been one month since the “wildest ride in the wilderness” reopened after an extended refurbishment here at Disneyland park. Since then, our guests have been telling us how impressed they are with the improved track and new effects at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Today we’ve got a special look at these improvements as they took shape over the last year.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Behind the Scenes, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

6 Comments Add Yours

Alex on April 18th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Any chace we will ever see the new effects and improved track at WDW?

Fred from CA on April 18th, 2014 at 5:00 pm

The refreshed ride is awesome! I love the new explosion effects in the final lift tunnel. Thanks for this video.

In all honestly, I would prefer that the new explosion effects remained unique to Disneyland. WDW does not need to have everything that Disneyland has. The Disneyland resort needs attractions (and elements) that cannot be found anywhere else. :)

Fred from CA on April 18th, 2014 at 5:01 pm

..Sorry, I meant “honesty”.

Oleg from CA on April 18th, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Great video. It was funny hearing some guests ask if the crane was a new attraction while it was in place to install track ;-).

Jackie on April 19th, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I absolutely LOVED Big Thunder Mountain Railroad when I rode it at Disneyland last week! My favorite is figuring out the differences between the one there and the one at Walt Disney World.

Friend on April 20th, 2014 at 2:54 am

With all the rehab work done on Big Thunder, I wonder why they haven’t put the rear drive wheels on the engines back which makes it look unrealistic floating around on the track with no under support.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.