Fireworks at Cinderella Castle

Entertainment to Rock Your Disney Side All Night Long at Disneyland Resort

posted on May 16th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Event logo 86

We’re just about a week away from our next big 24-hour celebration, where you can Rock Your Disney Side all day and all night! Magic Kingdom Park, Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park will each be open from 6 a.m. May 23 through 6 a.m. May 24, and they’re all going to be bursting with so much fun, you’ll never stop rockin’!

At Disneyland Resort, it all starts with a big kick-off in the Esplanade between the two parks. Then, throughout the day, you’ll be able to enjoy most of your favorite characters and shows, with some special surprises just for this event!

At Disneyland Park:

• Mickey’s Soundsational Parade is scheduled at 6:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m.
  • The Magic Eye Theater in Tomorrowland will host the Avengers Super Hero Movie Marathon throughout the day and night, presenting “Iron Man,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor” and “Captain America: The First Avenger”!
  • You can catch “Fantasmic!” at 9 p.m. or 10:30 p.m. and the “Magical” fireworks spectacular at 9:25 p.m.
  • After the fireworks, come celebrate in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, where a DJ will be spinning tunes for everyone until 5 a.m.
  • Royal Swing Ball presents a live band in the Royal Theatre at Fantasy Faire from 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
  • Stop by the Tomorrowland Terrace for a live band in the evening and a late night Rock Your Disney Side Dance Party that lasts until 5 a.m.

There’s even more fun to be had over at Disney California Adventure Park:

• You can enjoy live music throughout the day and night at the Paradise Garden Bandstand, with performances scheduled from 11:55 a.m. to 2:30 a.m.
  • Extra performances are planned for “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” at 9:30 a.m. and “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” at 7:55 p.m.
  • Muppets Theater plays host to sing-along screenings of the Academy Award-winning film, “Frozen,” starting at 11:30 a.m. And don’t forget to check out the sneak peek of “Maleficent” in the Bug’s Life Theater.
  • World of Color” will be presented on Paradise Bay at 9:45 p.m. and again at 3 a.m.
  • Head on down to Pacific Wharf from 10:30 p.m. – 5 a.m. for The Wharf Dance Party.
  • Mad T Party adds some spice to the night. You can rock ‘n’ roll your Disney Side with the Mad T Party Band and White Rabbit DJ, from 9 p.m. – 5 a.m.

So whether you choose Disneyland park or Disney California Adventure park—or both!—to express your Disney Side, you’re in for a rockin’ good time at Disneyland Resort!

Keep checking back here on Disney Parks Blog. I’ll have details soon on all the Rock Your Disney Side fun happening at Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Stacy from CA on May 16th, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Will the Mad T Party band perform on the hour (like normal) from 9:00 pm to 5:00 am? Otherwise, when is there last set?

Shawn Slater on May 17th, 2014 at 10:41 am

Stacy – The band will perform at 10 p.m., 11 p.m., 12 midnight, and 1 a.m. White Rabbit DJ and other entertainment will round out the schedule between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.

Bob on May 16th, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I wish I was going! Shawn, will you be using the webcam again for those of us that can’t be there?

Shawn Slater on May 17th, 2014 at 10:42 am

Bob – There will be a webcam feed from Magic Kingdom Park. I’m checking on Disneyland for you…

Shawn Slater on May 20th, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Bob – Looks like there will be live streams from cameras positioned at Main Street, New Orleans Square, and Paradise Pier. Enjoy the views!

Lisa on May 16th, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Can’t wait for the WDW schedule! I will be there next week!!!!

shawnna on May 16th, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I can’t wait!!! We will see you there!!!

Rebecca from DE on May 16th, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Waiting very impatiently for the MK schedule to come out!

Shawn Slater on May 17th, 2014 at 10:48 am

Rebecca – Good things come to those who wait. ;-) We’ll have the details for you in the next couple days, and I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Ana on May 16th, 2014 at 8:13 pm

So there are no special character meet and greets like the star wars characters and the toontown PJ party?

Shawn Slater on May 17th, 2014 at 10:46 am

Ana – This is a list of the main entertainment features that are planned, but be on the lookout for other surprises throughout the day!

Florencia on May 16th, 2014 at 10:03 pm

I don’t think you understand how excited I am! I’ll be attending Magic Kingdom! My mom is making me a Minnie Mouse 50′s inspired dress! :)

Shawn on May 17th, 2014 at 10:44 am

Florencia – That sounds great. I’m sure you’ll rock it!

Shawn on May 17th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I am so excited for this! I’ll be at Disneyland Resort for the second year in a row. I do hope this continues as a yearly tradition. My fiancee and I are already planning our day. World of Color at 3am is going to be a must for us. Chicken and Waffles at the Plaza are just amazing. We will be proudly showing our Disney Side all 24 hours.

Victoria on May 18th, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Will there be liquor served at Mad T until 5am?

Shari on May 18th, 2014 at 11:57 pm

Once you enter the park, will you be able to leave and then re-enter?

Cecil on May 19th, 2014 at 2:15 pm

When will the Disney World schedule be released?

Maria on May 20th, 2014 at 1:54 pm

My boyfriend is visually impaired. We will be at the Anaheim Parks for the 24 hour event, our third in as many years. Is there any chance to have the movie-thon at Magic Eye Theater also have a descriptive track somehow (maybe on the Assistive Devices that DLR has for the visually impaired?) or are we SOL on that one? Or maybe they can have an additional device that does descriptive video tracks, much akin to the Cinemark Theaters? The movie-thon sounds intriguing, but without descriptive video, it makes it harder for him to enjoy since he has no idea what is going on in the movies. Could you check on that please?

Ricky on May 22nd, 2014 at 3:17 am

How would I got about getting Fastpasses for the 3:00 a.m. showing of “World of Color”?

Maryanne on May 22nd, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Until what time will alcohol/beer be served at the Mad T Party, Cove Bar, Karl Strauss Beer Truck, Bayside Brews etc…?