Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park

Exploring the Interactive Queue at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in New Fantasyland

posted on May 1st, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Last week, we unveiled the first look inside the interactive queue at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Today we have a new peek inside at some of the hands-on fun guests can have when the attraction opens this spring.

As you can see in the video, guests can sort gemstones in digital sluice boxes, twirl buckets of gemstones to create some magical projections on the ceiling, and more. The area is also themed with picks, shovels and barrels.

Will this attraction be a must-see for you this summer? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

See the posts below for more on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train:

• Full Ride-Through: Take a Trip Aboard Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in New Fantasyland
  • Imagineers Bring New Audio-Animatronics to Life at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Top Five: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Videos from Walt Disney Imagineering
  • All in the Details: Construction Walls Come Down at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • All in the Details: Glittering Gems Light Up Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Queue at Magic Kingdom Park
  • Tagged: , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

15 Comments 6 Replies Add Yours

Jacqueline on May 1st, 2014 at 8:08 am

Hi Jennifer!

The interactive queue looks like so much fun and I can’t wait to try it with my son who has Autism. This will certainly give him something interesting and exciting to do while waiting his turn and will help me out a lot. I am trying to teach him to wait for longer periods in the queues and this ‘sensory driven’ activity will be wonderful.

I will also use this video as a planning tool in preparation for this attraction for our upcoming trip, late October.

Jackie

Erin on May 1st, 2014 at 8:21 am

Who are these people and why do they get to have ALL the fun ?!?!? ;)

Jean from FL on May 1st, 2014 at 8:32 am

So cool! i can’t wait to try it out for myself :)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 1st, 2014 at 9:07 am

Me, too!

Lee on May 1st, 2014 at 9:02 am

I am loving all the updates. Looks like we are getting closer and closer each day. I Hope to be down again this fall to be able to experience this exciting new attraction. Like everyone else, I am waiting on the big update which is the DATE.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 1st, 2014 at 10:17 am

Me, too!

Bob on May 1st, 2014 at 9:07 am

This is one of those rides where getting a fastpass will make you miss all the fun in the queue lines!

Kathy on May 1st, 2014 at 9:58 am

I was thinking fastpass is the way to go but looks like standing in line would be soo much fun! Now work your magic Jennifer and give us a date for the opening!!! PLEASE!!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 1st, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Stay tuned!

Jessica from FL on May 1st, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I feel like there’s a sneak peek everyday to get us excited about this attraction. You know what would make everyone really excited? An opening date.

Patricia on May 1st, 2014 at 12:53 pm

When you get your dwarf name, the opening page says that “training begins in 14 days”, but after you actually get your name, the last page tells you to come back in 18 days. I’m assuming one of those will be the opening day?

Kathy on May 1st, 2014 at 1:04 pm

NOT sure if this is a “date” but I was just visiting the mine ride at WDW online and it had the icon like there were pictures to see so I clicked on it and it says “miners wanted fined out what your dwarf name is” so I did it and anyway it says at the end come back May 18th for the rest of your training.. so maybe FP will be open on that day?? IDK but I thought that was really strange and yet cool all at once!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:28 pm

We announced this morning that the attraction will grand open on May 28!

Kelly on May 1st, 2014 at 2:40 pm

I was excited to get my dwarf name today (I’m Lucky)…and I hope that “training begins in 14 days” means I’ll be riding in 14 days!

Andrea on May 1st, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Looks like the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train had a “soft” opening! It looks amazing! Can’t wait for my ride in September 2014!

Janet on May 1st, 2014 at 5:00 pm

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train queue looks great! I can’t wait to see the new attraction in person.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Thanks, Janet!

Jeri on May 2nd, 2014 at 9:09 am

Be there in 2 weeks with my 2 granddaughters; hope the train is up & running! Interactive looks awesome – they’ll love it!!!!! :)

Brett from NM on May 2nd, 2014 at 1:16 pm

That is awesome. I just saw that it opens May 28.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on May 2nd, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Cindy on May 3rd, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Will any part of the interactive queue be available for FastPass riders ?

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.