Tokyo DisneySea, Tower of Terror

First Look at New Disney Cruise Line Merchandise for Summer 2014 Itineraries

posted on May 13th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

DCS0975653

My fellow author Jonathan Frontado recently shared an update about the special Disney Cruise Line itineraries for summer 2014. His article had me daydreaming of taking an Alaskan cruise (as a travel photographer by hobby, I’m sure my camera would love it). Since I’m no closer to such a cruise, I stopped by the Disney Cruise Line merchandise showroom at my office to survey new merchandise created for these upcoming sailings.

DCS0975654

Disney Design Group artist Dave Keefer created the Alaskan cruise artwork for the Disney Wonder. I love how he incorporated native tribal artwork along with a splash of Disney characters (the colors are incredible!). He told me he was inspired after seeing some tribal artwork and the giant carved totem pole in Canada Pavilion at Epcot (Alaska’s neighbor, of course). This artwork will be utilized on a variety of items such as a pin, a D-Tech on Demand case, a scrapbook, drinkware and more.

DCS0975655

The artwork will also be used on apparel such as the main logo T-shirt. Guests should also look for a hooded sweatshirt, graphic shirts and other long sleeved options.

DCS0975656

The Disney Magic will be sailing in the Mediterranean this summer, and there is a completely different merchandise assortment for those cruises. The main logo artwork was created by Disney Design Group character artist Casey Jones and senior graphic designer Tim Whalen. Casey drew Mickey Mouse sporting some awesome cruising attire that I would wear.

Guests should look for a variety of apparel items and other goods such as a keychain, a photo album and more.

If you are sailing this summer, please take me with you … I mean, bon voyage!

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

12 Comments 6 Replies Add Yours

Melanie on May 13th, 2014 at 11:26 am

Y’all have outdone yourselves! Loooooove the Tervis! Wish I were going, but I still have over a year to wait for my next DCL cruise.

Steven Miller on May 13th, 2014 at 1:24 pm

@Melanie – Thank you for the comment. Glad you liked the items. I thought it was cool to see the Tervis tumbler too.

Dana on May 13th, 2014 at 11:28 am

Hi Steven – Thanks for the update!!! You would “LOVE” Alaska & the Med!!! By any chance are there any pins or vinylmations going to be available for these sailings? Dana – S FL

Steven Miller on May 13th, 2014 at 2:11 pm

@Dana – You’re welcome. Yes, there will be pins. Here are some links to DisneyPins.com for more information. I don’t know of plans for Vinylmation this time:

Shannon on May 13th, 2014 at 11:45 am

These products are amazing! The blanket and t-shirt I have from the Inaugural Alaska cruise season are two of my favorite Disney items! So jealous of all the lucky cruisers going to Alaska or Europe this summer. Have fun, everyone!

Joe on May 13th, 2014 at 11:47 am

I am really enjoying all of the newly released items you are posting. How exciting!! I have a question – will there be any new ear hat ornaments this year and if so, when do you think you might be announcing those and giving us a little sneak peek? Also, do you think there will be any new show ornaments? My wife wants to go to Disney, but she wants to plan around the release of new ornaments.

Steven Miller on May 13th, 2014 at 2:13 pm

@Joe – Yes and yes! Stay tuned as I’m currently working on something. Typically, July is when new ear hat ornaments have been introduced (think “Christmas in July”).

Sharon on May 13th, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Steve… will you be making items available for the Southern Caribbean cruises?

Steven Miller on May 14th, 2014 at 10:43 am

@Sharon – Yes, there will be a small assortment. Looks like I’ll have to revisit the merchandise showroom to get photos. Stay tuned.

Jacqueline on May 13th, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Hi Steven,

You just made my day! I am super excited about the Mediterranean merchandise as my family is embarking on our ninth Disney Cruise Line trip sailing from Venice this July. It’s going to be a Grand Gatherings cruise and we are all thrilled to be visiting our ancestral homeland of Greece together for the first time.

A glimpse at this merchandise is most appreciated and I’ll be sure to share this post with my family.

OPA!

Steven Miller on May 14th, 2014 at 10:39 am

@Jacqueline – How awesome! I would love to visit Greece; it’s on my bucket list. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Robert from NJ on May 13th, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Hi Steve, what merchandise is going to be released for the Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event next week? Nothing has been announced yet in terms of details- entertainment, food, merchandise, characters

Steven Miller on May 14th, 2014 at 10:40 am

@Robert – Stay tuned as things will be shared very soon. :)

Wyman on May 14th, 2014 at 3:48 am

I will definitely be picking up some shirts and the Tervis cup on the Wonder in August!

Brian on May 14th, 2014 at 8:55 am

I would have hoped for Hercules themed merchandise with the Greek Isles cruises.

Sherri from TX on May 24th, 2014 at 8:28 pm

I want to take a blanket on the Alaskan cruise, but will wait to buy one if they have them on the ship. Do you know if they have any throws?

Carolyn on June 15th, 2014 at 9:26 am

Mike, thank you for the first peek and I wish I had found it sooner. We leave for the Alaska cruise next week and I found like to,prepurchase a few things so we can wear the first day. I saw a link to purchase the pins, but is there a link to purchase the shirts, etc.? Thanks again.

Carrie on August 15th, 2014 at 4:20 pm

My family went on the Mediterranean cruise in July/Aug and it was absolutely amazing! Exceeded all of my expectations (and they were high to begin with)! However, I am kicking myself as I wish I would have bought some of the scrapbooking supplies while I was on the ship. I had decided to do a digital album while I was there but I am now rethinking it. Is there any way to order the supplies now that I am no longer on the ship?

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.