Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Five Types of Cruisers You Meet on Every Disney Ship

posted on May 6th, 2014 by Natalie Bailey, Cruise Director, Disney Cruise Line

Greetings from the Disney Magic! As a Cruise Director, my job is to make sure every Disney cruise is exciting, entertaining and enjoyable for all of our guests. One of my favorite parts of cruising is that every sailing is totally different, no matter what ship or itinerary. New guests, new experiences and new memories make each one special.

But after nine years on the high seas, I’ve noticed there are a lot of similarities among our cruisers. When you embark on your own Disney cruise vacation, you’re always sure to spot these people …

1. The New Best Friends
FOC070651
They may have met only a few hours ago, but they’re already inseparable.

2. The Big “Kids”
FOC070652
Whether they came with children of their own or they’re sailing solo, these party animals know how to have a good time.

3. The First-Time Cruisers
FOC070653
These first-timers are taking everything in, from the Broadway-style shows and first-run movies, to the splashtacular upper decks and delectable dining.

4. The Timeless Lovebirds
FOC070654
What better place to celebrate a lifetime of love than on the most magical ships at sea?

5. The Lifelong Friends
FOC070655
Nothing compares to the fabulous company of these old pals. They like to pop in on the fun everywhere!

Who would you add to the list of cruisers you meet on every Disney ship? Add your own ideas in the “Comments” below.

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

9 Comments Add Yours

Jacqueline on May 6th, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Hi Natalie,

We love Disney Cruise Line and are super excited for our first Mediterranean cruise aboard the re-imagined Disney Magic this July. We’ll be sailing our ninth DCL cruise and have sailed all four ships in the fleet.

I’m planning a Grand Gatherings cruise for my family and am beyond thrilled they are all travelling with us to see our ancestral homeland, Greece! Sailing out of Venice is sure to be incredible as well and the itinerary is outstanding! I even found a Disney Store in Venice near the Bridge of Sighs…I am over the moon happy.

The Cast Members at DCL did an outstanding job linking our reservations, especially where the Shore Excursions were involved because we are Gold Castaway Club members and my extended family is cruising Disney for the first time. We were so pleased that our Shore Excursions were linked up and are grateful to the DCL Cast Members who spent a lot of time helping our family.

Thank you! :D

Ahoy!

Tom on May 6th, 2014 at 4:34 pm

The “First-Time Cruises” fits our family! First-time cruisers, but definitely not the last! In fact we already booked our next adventure on the Magic in February.

Our first cruise was just last week, April 26-May 3 on the Disney Fantasy. Lovely ship! We had read and heard so much that we had really high expectations, and were happy that Disney delivered on our high expectations!

For our two young boys, the bar has now been set high for vacations! We’re starting on the path to making Disney Cruises a part of our lifestyle going forward!

Cheers!

Tom

Brent on May 6th, 2014 at 6:43 pm

That blue card the “big kid” is wearing in picture #2 sure looks familiar ;)

Skip from FL on May 6th, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Welcome to the blog Ms. Natalie!

Jason from FL on May 7th, 2014 at 7:26 am

Taking my 16th cruise on the Wonder this October (could not pass up a chance for a Castaway Cay double-dip!), and I also have another week-long booked for next year. It’s safe to say that a Disney Cruise is my absolute favorite way to take a yearly vacation!

Janice from PA on May 7th, 2014 at 7:59 am

Having been on a mere 31 DCL cruises since 2000, I have met all 5 types of cruisers that Natalie describes. Other then the crew, I think Natalie nailed the types of cruisers one can find. There might be one other type, the multi-generational families that also fit into the other 5. I love the new cruisers (we were all there once upon a time), and have made many good friends over the years. I met a nice lady once (her name was Trixie), that I haven’t seen in years, but I still have fond memories of the conversations we had on the first Trans-Atlantic cruise (2007).

Penny on May 7th, 2014 at 8:18 am

We’ll be showing off as #2s aboard the Magic this Fall sailing the Southern Caribbean. :-) Looking forward to meeting you Natalie!

Prudence on May 7th, 2014 at 8:37 pm

My daughter and I will be like the big kids! At 63 and 36 we are still thrilled to have our pictures taken with the Disney Characters! Our first Disney Cruise will be on the Wonder sailing Nov. 9th. We have cruised a lot and my daughter has finally talked me into booking a Disney Cruise. Can’t wait!

MaryHelen on May 13th, 2014 at 4:14 pm

We will be taking our first cruise ever on the Magic in 2015 on the Norwegian itinerary. We’re so looking forward to it!!!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.