Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios

In ‘The Middle’ of the Heck Family Vacation at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on May 14th, 2014 by Robert Hitchcock, PR Manager/Content Producer, runDisney

What the heck are the Hecks doing at Walt Disney World Resort? Well we can’t tell you how they got here or how the family vacation turns out, but we can give you the inside scoop and a behind-the-scenes look at why they were here.

In 'The Middle' of the Heck Family Vacation at Walt Disney World Resort

For the first time in show history, producers of “The Middle” packed their suitcases and took the show on the road for the Season Five finale. That’s right, a real Heck family vacation. With a few twists and turns, the entire cast and production crew made their way to Magic Kingdom Park for five days of shooting.

Showing their “Disney Side,” cast members enjoyed meeting their favorite Disney characters, enjoying adventurous rides and eating their way around the park. It was a chance to get out of the studio and meet fans.

This video shows some of the fun cast and crew had in front of the camera and behind the scenes. And you won’t want to miss this hilarious Heck family vacation when “The Middle” season finale airs on Wednesday, May 21 at 8:00 p.m.|7:00 p.m. (CDT) on ABC.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

7 Comments Add Yours

Michelle from FL on May 14th, 2014 at 2:48 pm

I’m so excited to see this finale! I was lucky enough to be there for a few days while they were filming and even spotted myself in the background of your video! :D

Gloria from IN on May 14th, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I always love seeing the ABC sitcom families visiting WDW. The Roseanne episode was my favorite, and I just recently saw the Boy Meets World Episode. So fun to see them in the “real” world that I know so well.

mary on May 14th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I love the Middle…I don’t have to hold the remote, when my grandchildren come in the room. I don’t have to shoo them away, I just ask them to watch this family show.

My favorite episode is the one of Brick not going to ride over a bridge. I laugh about it, but I am terrifying even looking at a bridge. Keep up with the good work!

Jim from NJ on May 14th, 2014 at 5:35 pm

My wife and I were actually in the Magic Kingdom when they were filming the scene in front of the train station on Main Street. We think we even see us in the video!

Love The Middle and cannot wait to see the finished product next week!

John from OR on May 14th, 2014 at 10:46 pm

I never miss this show and can’t wait to see the Disney episode. So awesome!

Victoria on May 15th, 2014 at 8:30 am

I love “The Middle” and I love Disney World. Can’t wait to see this episode & especially can’t wait for my family’s Disney vacation in August.

cathy from PA on May 15th, 2014 at 9:20 am

The Heck Family @ Disney World! I saw the show last night when Sue won the trip and I can’t wait to see the WDW shows. I love that Heck family and Sue is my favorite too!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.