Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

New Attraction Merchandise ‘Soars’ into Disney Parks

posted on May 29th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

I am a huge fan of Soarin’ Over California at Disney California Adventure park! For me, it’s definitely a must-do attraction. I’m sure many of you who frequently visit Epcot feel the same way about Soarin’. That’s why I’m so excited to give you a first look at some of the new merchandise that will prep your flight crew for their next trip. It’s truly ‘first class!’

Whether you’re classified as an aviator or a little aviator, it’s the clever Aviator Checklist that appears on the back of the adult and youth T-shirt, giving a subtle nod to the attraction that ranks in my book. Take a look!

NSM907031

Other new arrivals include the youth aviator jacket, an adult long sleeve T-shirt, youth fleece, a leather luggage tag bearing a sculpted metal logo, mug and pin.

NSM907032THUMB NSM907033THUMB

So start making room in your luggage, because some of these new items are set to fly into stores beginning June 2. Look for them at Fly ‘n’ Buy in Disney California Adventure park and Green Thumb Emporium in Epcot.

Are you ready for take-off?

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Resort, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

11 Comments 6 Replies Add Yours

Jonathan on May 29th, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Now I have the music in my head, never a bad thing.

Could I please have the SKU for the luggage tag?

The checklist is missing the best part about stowing the mouse ears!

Will have to call Merchandise Guest Services for this (& “Morning in the Magic Kingdom”).

Michelle Harker on May 30th, 2014 at 10:48 am

Hey Jonathan! Sorry for the delay. Here is the SKU for the luggage tag, 400008388481. I’m so glad you liked it! I thought it was such a great item too.

Jonathan on May 29th, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Cont’d from my previous post: Also, I know there’s a new design out for World of Color merchandise…Will you be doing a post on that by any chance? I’d love to know if there’s a new fleece blanket with the new design.

Michelle Harker on May 30th, 2014 at 10:54 am

Hey there!
I’m actually just putting the finishing touches on a post regarding some of our new World of Color merchandise. So definitely keep an eye out for it. As for a new fleece throw, I know there is one currently in our stores that was previously released. I’m double checking on whether other throws or blankets will be added to the collection. I’ll keep you posted.

Michael on May 29th, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Not really. This is just WDW merch being sold at DLR. This should be customized for each coast.

Steven on May 29th, 2014 at 8:13 pm

I wish the merchandise said “Soarin’ Over California” so it was Disney California Adventure-specific!

Kathleen on May 30th, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I am a big fan of Disney and a group of our family are set with reservation to go in September, but my four year old granddaughter loves Elsa and so far we have been unable to get Elsa’s gown … can you tell me when and if I will be able to get the Elsa gown? It has been nearly a year and we still do not have the gown. Thank you.

Michelle Harker on June 3rd, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Hi Kathleen! If you are visiting the Disneyland Resort I would recommend that you continue to check Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or contact Merchandise Guest Services. I know that dresses are on order, we’re all eagerly awaiting their arrival as well. I’ll certainly keep you posted if I hear.

Brian on May 30th, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Hey there. The shirts will keep me cool during the heat wave expected this summer. But, there is a missing item from the check list. A good book from Richard Castle. Have a nice flight!

Michelle Harker on June 3rd, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Brian, you are so funny! Those books should be a given.

Alexander on June 2nd, 2014 at 8:19 am

Awesome! Finally some Soarin’ merchandise. Love the mug.

Dustin on June 2nd, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Kudos for this idea Disney. This is along the same lines as a recent t-shirt I purchased for Expedition Everest. Adult-oriented and sophisticated-looking, yet fun and in good taste at the same time. Would love to see more for other rides!

Michelle Harker on June 3rd, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I’m so glad you like it Dustin! I know the teams have a lot of fun creating it.

Simon on June 3rd, 2014 at 11:08 am

<Sings in the tune of "I'm gonna build a snowman") I'm gonna get a t shirt !!!:-)

Michelle Harker on June 3rd, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Simon, you win for the best comment of the day! I now have “I’m gonna get a t-shirt” stuck in my head.

Duane on June 13th, 2014 at 11:11 am

We just left the parks and I want a tshirt and luggage tags for our FAVORITE ride!!! Is there any way we can purchase online??? PLEASE????

Kim on July 16th, 2014 at 8:01 pm

I’m glad to see new merchandise for Soarin. My husband and I visited Walt Disney World last year and loved that ride. I bought a Soarin t-shirt while we were there. The only bad thing was that after I washed it once I was no longer able to wear it as it had shrunk.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.