Can you believe we’re nearly two weeks away from the official opening of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train? The attraction, which will officially debut to guests on May 28, is the crowning jewel in the New Fantasyland expansion, which has also included the addition of Enchanted Tales With Belle, Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Dumbo the Flying Elephant and more.
Here are seven reasons you’ll love this attraction.
- It’s the newest Disney “mountain” – The debut of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train not only added another attraction to New Fantasyland, but it also plussed up the park’s landscape with another Disney “mountain” – the newest since Splash Mountain debuted in 1992.
- It features an innovative ride system – Imagineers developed special five-car trains designed to swing independently from side to side as they move along the track.
- A fun interactive queue – The attraction’s queue allows guests to immediately step into the story of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” by becoming miners themselves and playing a jewel washing game. See photos here.
- Awesomely advanced Audio-Animatronics figures – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train features some of the most advanced Audio-Animatronics figures our Imagineers have ever created. (To learn more about the design process, click here).
- Its amazing level of detail - Like the rest of New Fantasyland, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is incredibly detailed – from the Wisteria Vine that lines the door of the Dwarfs’ cottage (just like in the film), down to the tracks of forest creatures that can be seen in the attraction’s pathway.
- Special nods to the film – Be on the lookout for a few historic treasures on your way through the attraction, including the song “Music In My Soup” in the queue. This tune was originally cut from the film during production in the 1930s, but Imagineers re-recorded it for this attraction. Also note the shadows of the Dwarfs marching home along the lift inside of the mine. These shadows were actually rotoscoped (traced frame by frame) from a scene in the original film.
- References to the previous Snow White attraction – When Magic Kingdom Park opened in 1971, Snow White’s Scary Adventures was among the list of opening day attractions. Look for familiar vulture figures perched at the top of the first climb, as well as Grumpy, Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, and Happy figures toward the end of the attraction.