Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Portrait Gallery

Showing Mom’s Disney Side at Disney Parks

posted on May 7th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

One of my favorite people to visit a Disney park with is my mom. From our first family visit to Walt Disney World Resort in 1982 to her first visit to Disneyland Resort in 2011, we’ve always found new ways to have a great time together. So take it from me – even moms have a Disney Side!

Show your Disney Side this Mother’s Day with the ones you love most!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Dinah on May 7th, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Cue the tears…but the happy kind. What a great commercial! I don’t have children myself but I have a niece I’m planning on taking to DL soon and I can’t wait to have moments like these. Thank you. Great job!

George from NY on May 7th, 2014 at 2:38 pm

We’re taking our mother to DL for Mother’s Day this year. Can’t wait! She’s been going to Disneyland since 1955!

CHARLOTTE from PA on May 7th, 2014 at 2:40 pm

We will be there this Sunday, and I’m so excited to be sharing the day (and my Disney Side) with my two toddlers and one on the way! This commercial made me cry too!

Michelle from FL on May 7th, 2014 at 5:52 pm

My hubby and I are headed down there this weekend! All my kids will be joining us for dinner on Sunday!! Can’t wait!! Raglan Road here we come!

marceline on May 8th, 2014 at 6:21 am

Heart Wrenching!!!!!!!!!

Chandra from WA on May 8th, 2014 at 8:41 am

That was great! I am such a sap because it made me cry! :)

BTW, thank you so much for having a little boy with glasses! Sounds silly but you do not see children with glasses in many photos or adds and as a mom with a little boy who is visually impaired, it is really great seeing kids that represent ones like mine! Thanks again.

Joseph from LA on May 8th, 2014 at 9:06 am

I’m bringing my Mom back in October for Food and Wine festival. She is celebrating a major milestone and her Disney side has been the thing that has kept her going through it. She quit smoking after 43 years. Instead of saying that she wanted or needed a cigarette she began telling herself that she needed the Mouse. She even made a jingle “I’m a nonsmoker, not a nicotine toker, and I’m going to Disney World!”

I am so proud of her and also so excited that she got her Disney Side from me (she even calls Walt Disney World “home”)

Terri from MO on May 10th, 2014 at 12:53 pm

I spent Mother’s Day 2012 at Disney World with my daughter. It was the best gift ever! We are heading back this October for her birthday!

Jodi on May 11th, 2014 at 7:53 am

How beautiful! Happy Mother’s Day! We will be there in 20 days!!

Ryan on May 12th, 2014 at 11:25 am

would love to see more Disney “mother figures” represented at Magic Kingdom. Queen Elinor from “Brave” is a definite must to see on a REGULAR basis, but what about Mama Odie from “Princess and the Frog”, Mrs. Potts, Grandmother Willow, etc. ?

Elizabeth on May 13th, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I love the video…I am going this August with my three kids and can’t wait to be a part of the Disney magic!!!!! :)

Emma on May 13th, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Love this! Made me cry too! My kids love going to DisneyWorld and they definitely get that from me. We will be over from the UK again next year and I will be celebrating 25 years of visiting with my family, we can’t wait!