Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle at Disneyland Park

Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room Shirts Coming to Disney Parks Online Store From May 12-15, 2014

posted on May 12th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

tii396121

If you have read some of my previous Disney Parks Blog stories, you’ll know that I adore Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room. I consider it my favorite attraction at Disney Parks. Today, I’m delighted to share that the next two Disney Parks’ attraction poster T-shirts will feature Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room from Disneyland park and the Tropical Serenade from Magic Kingdom Park. These shirts will be sold only on the Disney Parks online store from May 12-15, 2014 at http://www.DisneyStore.com/ParkEvents.

tii476322

Once again, the talented Disney Design Group artist Richard Terpstra designed these shirts based on the original attraction posters created by Paul Hartley in 1963 and 1971 respectively. I couldn’t resist a visit to Magic Kingdom Park to get a picture in front of the attraction while enjoying a Citrus Swirl (is this really called work?).

tii367003

Before I devoured that Citrus Swirl, I captured this image of it with an Orange Bird figurine that is coming to Disney Centerpiece at the Marketplace Co-Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace. Guests at Disneyland Resort may be able to find this figurine and a few other Orange Bird things now at World of Disney in Downtown Disney District.

tii356884

I also photographed this trinket box that shaped like my favorite frozen treat from Disney Parks. The box is part of the Adventureland collection also coming to Disney Centerpiece location. Guests visiting Disneyland Resort may now find select items from this collection at Adventureland Bazaar in Disneyland park and World of Disney at Downtown Disney District. We also have a few items from this collection currently online.

Aloha!

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Downtown Disney, Downtown Disney District, Walt Disney World Resort

Ryan on May 12th, 2014 at 11:10 am

that shirt is a fantastic tribute to the “Tiki Room”! I would anticipate even more items like plush Jose, Pierre, Michael, Fritz, etc….and even a recording of “Let’s All Sing Like The Birdies Sing”!!

I’ll be at MK on 5/23 and cannot wait!

Steven Miller on May 12th, 2014 at 4:18 pm

@Ryan – I hope to see you. I’ll be there all day and night with the Disney Parks Blog team.

Bob on May 12th, 2014 at 11:29 am

A Citrus Swirl trinket box? Amazing! I must have that and the Orange Bird figurine! :D I love little Orange Bird.

Cristi on May 12th, 2014 at 11:31 am

Thanks so much for letting us know about the Tiki shirt! I am also a Tiki lover so this is great news.

While I’ve already picked up some of the Adventureland new items, I am always on the Tiki hunt. You can never have too much tiki, tiki, tiki!

Steven Miller on May 12th, 2014 at 4:19 pm

@Cristi – My apartment agrees with you. More tiki!! :)

Jonathan on May 12th, 2014 at 11:35 am

I won’t ask you when the Marketplace opens :)

But, I do have one question (and sorry, I know I’ve asked before!) but will there be cloth placemats for the Adventureland collection as well or just the cloth napkins??

Thanks!!!

Steven Miller on May 12th, 2014 at 4:20 pm

@Jonathan – I spoke with the merchandiser who said there will not be cloth placemats at this time.

Christina from GA on May 12th, 2014 at 11:45 am

I love my Richard Terpstra t-shirts, and I am so glad that we are getting more and more of his designs. They are classics! Thank you WDI!

John from FL on May 12th, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Hi Steve! I have mine ordered! Yaaa!!!
I just wish I had it to wear next week while at the MK.

Linda from Bucks on May 13th, 2014 at 4:28 am

I think these T Shirts look great but please, please, please can we have some ladies fit Ts with the retro designs?

Len from NJ on May 14th, 2014 at 6:05 pm

I wish you had gone one size larger like you did with the Small World & Carousel shirts. Any chance?

Melody on September 14th, 2014 at 8:33 am

Hi Steve,

I am so excited to see all the great retro items in the Disney Centerpiece section of the online store. Do you happen to know if the orange bird figurine will be sold online? Also, I am overly excited about the tea party salt and pepper shakers. Do you know about that becoming available to those who can not visit the store? ….I could go on and on.
Thank you for sharing these orange thoughts!