Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

Disney Parks Blog Readers Invited to Sneak Peek of Disneyland Resort 60th Anniversary Celebration – Register Now

posted on June 24th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

UPDATE: This event has reached capacity and confirmation emails have been sent. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future events!

Big news, Disneyland fans! On July 17, 2014, in addition to celebrating the 59th anniversary of the Disneyland Resort, we will also give some of our most engaged fans a sneak peek at some of what’s in store for the resort’s 60th anniversary celebration next year.

dlranm876432

We’re inviting a limited number of Disney Parks Blog readers to join us the morning of Thursday, July 17, 2014, to be among the first to get a glimpse of what we have coming for the 60th anniversary celebration of the Disneyland Resort in 2015. Registration information for the event is listed below. Hurry – I’m sure this will fill up quickly!

Can’t make it to the event? Not to worry! We’ll be posting all the details here on the Disney Parks Blog as they are revealed, beginning at 10 a.m. PDT. You can also follow along with @Disneyland on Twitter and the hashtag #Disneyland60.

Space for the event is limited and you must sign up here. Please remember the following:

• All participants who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests of the participants may be younger than 18.
  • Limit one guest per registrant.
  • Event confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
  • Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person plus one guest.
  • Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
  • Disneyland Resort park admission will be provided beginning at 8:45 a.m. for the event, but participants will be responsible for any parking fees.

I will give an update at the top of this post when capacity has been reached. Please note the event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Filed: Disneyland Resort

37 Comments 17 Replies Add Yours

Heather on June 24th, 2014 at 1:00 pm

It’s full already :(

Deborah on June 24th, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Hi Erin!

What determines if we’re eligible or not?

Thanks!

Deborah

Erin Glover on June 24th, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Deborah – This opportunity was open to US residents ages 18 and over.

Kyle on June 24th, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Hey it already reached capacity !

Fernando on June 24th, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Wow!

“Registration Closed

We’re sorry, but the maximum attendance limit
has been reached for this event.”

Dinah on June 24th, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Yay! I got in. I am sooo excited for this!! Sooo excited that I actually added another letter in my e-mail address. I hope that’s OK?!?

Erin Glover on June 24th, 2014 at 8:36 pm

It’s okay, Dinah. Just be sure to bring your photo ID to check in.

Chrysty from CA on June 24th, 2014 at 1:04 pm

You weren’t kidding about it filling up quickly. Registration closed in less than 3 min.

Randy from CA on June 24th, 2014 at 1:07 pm

I got in! :)

Erin, any idea what the duration of the event is expected to be? I’ll likely need to go into work after it’s over, and I’d like to be able to tell my boss when I’ll be in.

Erin Glover on June 24th, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Good question, Randy. The main event should last no more than an hour, but guests are welcome to enjoy the Disneyland Resort afterward. I won’t tell your boss. ;)

Gary on June 24th, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Erin,

I’m so excited. I got my confirmation just now during registration.

This will be my first Disney blog meet up :)

So after the event, we will be able to enjoy California Adventure park the rest of the day til close?

Erin Glover on June 24th, 2014 at 8:38 pm

That’s very exciting, Gary! Yes, you are welcome to stay and enjoy both parks afterward. You will receive a 1-day park hopper ticket, valid only for that day.

Chrysty from CA on June 24th, 2014 at 1:10 pm

For events this limited, you should do a lottery rather than first come/first serve & leave the registration open for a period of time. \

Danielle on June 24th, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Wow, finally get out of my morning meetings at work for my Disney Blog fix to find out I miss out on all the fun! If I can’t participate I’m so glad I can follow along here, have a great time everyone and please post like crazy at the event! :) Thank you!

Antonio on June 24th, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Hope the dancing cake from the Tencennials there…

Erin Glover on June 24th, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I wish it was going to be. I just liked the photo. :)

Maria on June 24th, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Im so excited! I cant wait…I also would like to know the duration of the event if possible. Considering if I should call in sick or just go in late to work ;-)

Erin Glover on June 24th, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Maria – The main event will last no more than an hour, but afterward you are welcome to enjoy both parks as our guest. Not that I’m encouraging you to call in sick. ;)

Jacob on June 24th, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I agree with Chrysty. By the time I get a chance to check the events they are already full. I think it should be a random drawing that way everyone has a fair chance.

Jean from CA on June 24th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Oh, I so want to go to this! If anyone has an extra spot, please contact me Thanks so much :)

Arlene on June 24th, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Very excited to have gotten into this event. What are the times for this event at DCA? Is park entry for DCA for the event times only or all day?
Thank you in advance for your response.

Erin Glover on June 24th, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Arlene – Check-in times and location are listed on your event confirmation. You are welcome to stay and enjoy both parks for the remainder of the day, as our guest.

Jeff from CA on June 24th, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Sweet!! I made it in and get to bring my Mom along to share the magic.

Erin Glover on June 24th, 2014 at 8:41 pm

What a great son you are!

Fred from CA on June 24th, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Really a shame that the event filled up so quickly. Still, it’s good to know that there will be event details on twitter.

Melody on June 24th, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Hi, just wondering what time the event ends so I can see if I can get back to work or not! Thanks :)

Erin Glover on June 24th, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Hi Melody – The main event should last approximately an hour, after which you’re welcome to enjoy the parks as our guest. So don’t rush off! :)

Mike on June 24th, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Hello, just wondering I was going to receive a confirmation email for the event?

Erin Glover on June 24th, 2014 at 8:43 pm

You should receive an email, Mike. But if you saw a confirmation page when you registered but do not receive an email, just be sure to bring your photo ID to check in.

Angel on June 24th, 2014 at 6:58 pm

there has to be a better system than first come first served for things like this. If you’re not hovering over the blog and miss the post you lose an opportunity. its unfortunate

Mike on June 24th, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I did see a confirmation page but did not get an email. Just wanted to see if there was a way to make sure it went through before I show up that day.
Thanks so much!

Erin Glover on July 4th, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Mike, if you saw a confirmation page just be sure to bring your photo ID to check-in.

Johana on June 24th, 2014 at 10:14 pm

boo:( it filled up already! wish i could’ve gone! :(
is there anything happening for Annual Passholders that day?

Rich on June 25th, 2014 at 7:22 am

Thousands of miles away in body if not in spirit. Having been born in Summer 1955 I celebrated my 55th birthday at Disneyland and I hope to do 60th. Would be great if Disneyland did something special for those of us who share the anniversary with the happiest place on earth.

Matthew on June 25th, 2014 at 7:55 am

I heard the electrical parade will return for the 60th. Is that true?

Kevin on June 25th, 2014 at 12:41 pm

What if our guest can’t make it before 9:45? Can we check in for them?

Erin Glover on July 4th, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Kevin, you and your guest must check in together.

Katherine on June 25th, 2014 at 12:47 pm

how come I get the email for this email today and it is already full?

Katherine on June 25th, 2014 at 12:51 pm

In other words I get your blog info in my email a day latter. Is there a way to see these post the day they are posted so I don’t get left out?

Sherry from CA on June 25th, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Katherine — You’re getting the email summary of the previous day’s Parks Blogs.

You can also subscribe via the RSS feed (you’ll see it in the upper right corner of this page, next to “Email”), and depending on what your settings are for how quickly feeds are delivered to your browser, you should notice it whenever there is a new Parks Blog, especially if you add the feed to a feed bar going across your screen.

One other option — if you have the sort of mobile phone or email account that can do this — is to set it up so that you get an alert when a new post goes up on the Disney Parks Blog Facebook page. The Facebook page will have the same posts that we see here on this website, but you may be able to get the alerts for Facebook as soon as the Blogs go up, instead of the next day.

You can also get mobile alerts from Disneyland Resort’s Twitter page, and they will usually feature any news about anything that is DLR-related, such as the Parks Blogs about special events.

Kelly on June 25th, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Hi Erin….I hope they will have a few more events so people who wrote before me get a chance to go as I sure would have loved to be a part of this great event. I am a Gold D23 Member and wonder Erin if they give us chances to be a part of this event? Thank You for any info.

Erin Glover on July 4th, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I’m sorry, Kelly, but this opportunity is full. But there will be other chances to celebrate with us in the future, so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog.

Teri on June 25th, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I am an Annual Passholder with a confirmation email for this event. May I offer the 1 Day Parkhopper to my brother who is not attending this event?

Erin Glover on July 4th, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I’m sorry, Teri, but you must use the tickets provided to enter the event. Annual passports will not be accepted for this opportunity.

Vincent on June 25th, 2014 at 8:49 pm

What if I never received the confirmation email? I screenshot the page after i registered stating “Congratulations Your registration has been accepted” but i have yet to receive an email confirmation.

Erin Glover on July 4th, 2014 at 10:31 pm

If you saw a confirmation page just be sure to bring your photo ID to check-in.

Xavier from CA on June 26th, 2014 at 1:15 am

I wish i could have enter, to get a sneak peek of disneyland 60th anniversary. Will you guys have another event for the sneak peek of disneyland 60th anniversary?

dezarae on June 30th, 2014 at 1:20 pm

is this registration for the 60th anniversary sneak peek only? or did you have to register to watch the 59th celebration too?

Theresa on July 1st, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I am going as well, and my guest and I are both passholders. I have the same question as Teri – can I offer my park hopper ticket to another friend to join me and my guest (after the preview event)? Or can the park hopper tickets only be used by the person whose name is on the event registration?

Erin Glover on July 4th, 2014 at 10:32 pm

You must use the tickets provided to enter the event. Annual passports will not be accepted for this opportunity.

Jordan from CA on July 9th, 2014 at 3:08 am

Will there be photography and/or videography allowed during the presentation?

Jeff from CA on July 14th, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Erin,
I was speaking with CMs and found out that the 59th Birthday celebration in Disneyland was moved up to 10am, compared to the usual afternoon time. Will we be taking part in that during our meetup or does it change times for our event?

Erin Glover on July 15th, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Jeff – Yes, guests of this event will have the opportunity to participate in the 59th birthday moment.

Eunice on July 18th, 2014 at 1:39 pm

This was an amazing event DisneyParks Blog! I was so glad to be a part of this magical day.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.