Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Goofy says, “Happy Holidays!” from Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland Park

Disneyland Park Guests to Create the Story of ‘Legends of Frontierland: Gold Rush!’

posted on June 25th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

What if you could bring the Wild West to life in Frontierland? What if you could be anyone you want to be – a peacekeeper, an outlaw, a merchant, a miner, an heiress – the possibilities are endless! If you’ve ever imagined what life in Frontierland at Disneyland park would be like, you’re about to have the chance to write the first chapter of the story when “Legends of Frontierland: Gold Rush!” opens July 9.

LOF806590small

Here’s the setting:

Frontierland and its neighbor, Rainbow Ridge, are in the midst of a good, ol’ fashioned land feud. Rainbow Ridge – a once-booming mining town – has dried up, and they have their eyes set on Frontierland. The steady, hardworking folk in Frontierland want to keep the town safe and free of rougharound-the-edges, opportunistic types. Rumors are spreading that gold has been discovered in mines belonging to Frontierland, and there is even a rumor that Frontierland itself sits on the motherlode! Whether or not the rumors are true, the folk in Rainbow Ridge have one thing on their minds: take over Frontierland! Thus, the struggle begins …

“Legends of Frontierland: Gold Rush!” will be a whole new way to experience a land in a Disney theme park. Instead of watching the story unfold, guests will be part of the story themselves – naming, creating and developing their own characters and influencing the direction and action of the story’s first chapter. The story will involve entertainment, merchandise, food and more – throughout Frontierland.

Show your Disney Side and choose your alliance when the fight for Frontierland begins July 9! Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more details and updates as the story unfolds, and choose your side with the hashtags #MyFrontierland and #MyRainbowRidge.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

12 Comments 1 Reply

Justin on June 25th, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Oh my goodness! I was part of the test and adjust for this experience! It’s a great game and a fun experience!

Samantha on June 25th, 2014 at 1:48 pm

This sounds like so much fun. I recently been watching some of the old episodes of Davy Crockett so I have been totally in the mood for this. Disneyland is a little far for me so I will be watching from this computer screen. Cant wait for the updates!

Oleg from CA on June 25th, 2014 at 2:08 pm

definitely #MyFrontierland! send those #MyRainbowRidge varmints back to their mountain!

Anonymous on June 25th, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Wait… I thought that “instead of watching the story unfold, guests will be part of the story themselves” was the whole point of each of the lands in Disneyland.

Fred from CA on June 25th, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Sounds pretty cool! I’ll be looking forward to updates on this.

Bryan on June 25th, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I was part of the testing for this on my Birthday in August. It was the most fun I’ve had at the park since I was a little kid. Really glad to see they are moving forward with the project!

Tanya on June 25th, 2014 at 10:16 pm

I think it’s safe to say most of us are confused as to how this will work. Is this something that requires an app? I will be at the park then, but I do not ever want internet on my phone! Call me old fashioned, but I go out to GO OUT! Please say that this is not that kind of thing.

Erin Glover on June 26th, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Not to worry, Tanya. We’ll have more details on this as it gets going. And no apps are required.

Gary on June 26th, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Looks cool to me, Erin.

I am a huge consumer of anything with an old West theme to it.
I don’t care if it’s a video game, or a classic episode of Star Trek… bring it on!

I’ll get the Sheriff :)

Kim on July 8th, 2014 at 3:38 pm

We had such a blast playing along with the test back in August… my 3 year old daughter didn’t want to leave and the little boys and dads were having so much fun! Hope it works out just as great!

Mary from CA on July 9th, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I will be there on 7/15. Will I be able to do it then? If so where do I go?

William on July 13th, 2014 at 1:40 pm

We played yesterday and it was really fun, the more you get into character the more fun you’ll have. Dress up, you’ll enjoy it!

As for where you play, well, walk into Frontierland and look for the kiosk on the left where Pin Trading used to be (next to the shooting gallery). That’s the map and you can sign up there.

GO Rainbow Ridge@!

Beverly on July 16th, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Go #Frontier Land! Slue Foot Sue here just stopping by to say howdy and to make sure the fine folks of FL are upholding the law and keeping those Rainbow Ridge upstarts under control in my absence! Still back East on Mayoral duties but hope to return to town Labor Day weekend to assure Legends of FL will mosey on off into the sunset with a proper send off!