Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 15th Anniversary of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyland Resort is Going to Make Your Mondays Happier this Summer

posted on June 2nd, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

It’s Monday. And worse – a summer Monday. The sun is shining, but some of us are stuck under the glow of fluorescent office lights. Anyone else on their third cup of coffee? Just me? I don’t know about you, but I could use a little magic in my Mondays …

JGH060751

If you feel the same way, get ready – because your summer is about to get happier! Everyone knows Disneyland Resort keeps getting happier, so this summer, we’re paying that happiness forward. How? We’re taking over Mondays! Every Monday this summer (now through Labor Day), Disneyland Resort will be surprising and delighting guests and fans with fun ways to #GetHappier … it could be online, in the real world … you never know where the magic will be made!

So what will these surprises be? Well, they wouldn’t be surprises if I told you! So be sure to follow Disneyland Resort on Facebook and Twitter, follow Disneyland Today on Facebook and Twitter, and keep an eye out here on the Disney Parks Blog find out how to #GetHappier all summer long!

Tagged:

Filed: Disneyland Resort

22 Comments 1 Reply Add Yours

Dinah on June 2nd, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Disneyland surprises are always a good thing! Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us. Thank you! :D

Oleg from CA on June 2nd, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Sounds great! I could use some #GetHappier !

Amy on June 2nd, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Looking forward to a chance to #GetHappier today or any Monday!

susan on June 2nd, 2014 at 2:25 pm

It’s Monday!!!?? need some happiness ~ ;)

Fred from CA on June 2nd, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Very intriguing! I’m looking forward to finding out more.

Sherry from CA on June 2nd, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Well, it just so happens that my birthday will be on a Monday this year, right in the middle of summer. I am not a hot weather person at all and will probably be counting the days until autumn by that point, so I will need all of the surprises I can get. Lol. Alas, I have a feeling I will not be home that day to find out what the surprise will be! Drat! I hope it won’t be a one-day only sort of surprise.

Dan on June 2nd, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Surprises!!! How excited! I wonder what it could be!

Penny on June 2nd, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Always fun stuff ! Thanks for spreading the magic ! Cant wait !

Anna on June 2nd, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I can’t wait, I love Disneyland :))))

Gary on June 2nd, 2014 at 8:35 pm

And when is the BEST time to #GetHappier?
“In Summer!!!”

:D

Nancy on June 2nd, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Ohhhh fun!!!

linnea on June 2nd, 2014 at 11:15 pm

School is almost done. 44 kids off to kindergarten. How happy is that?

Alma on June 3rd, 2014 at 10:05 am

How fun!!! can’t wait for the Monday surprise.

David on June 3rd, 2014 at 12:05 pm

yes! need some happiness right about now!

Gregory on June 3rd, 2014 at 12:44 pm

So, what happened yesterday?

Dianna on June 3rd, 2014 at 7:10 pm

The kids would love this they have been trying to save up now 8 months to go then they raised it. Now i have a few sad kids .. :(

Laurie on June 3rd, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Heading that way next week from across the US with toddlers and teens. Always up for a Disney surprise!!! What more could you expect from the Happiest Place on Earth!

chrisitne on June 10th, 2014 at 11:19 am

I asked everyone at the park, and no one knew of anything special happening on Monday to make it “happier”. Donald’s birthday seemed to require a celebration, to no avail. I took a stuffed Donald with me for some photopass photos, and I saw that the monorail was celebrating a birthday so I took several photos of that. I checked Facebook and Twitter several times during the day. I met a friend who was looking for the same thing – and looking and looking…Anything else we should do? Any place else we should look??

Erin Glover on June 10th, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Facebook and Twitter are your best bets, Christine. Some weeks the surprises will be bigger than others – you never know whether they will be online or in real life. Keep an eye out.

Sherry from CA on June 10th, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I must admit that I, too, was eagerly checking Facebook and Twitter all day yesterday and saw nothing about surprises, small or large! I expected some surprises to be small, and I expected some to be in the parks or online, but I thought there would always be a post about them somewhere, to let us know what they were. These are the most surprising surprises in the history of surprises! Lol.

Carla on June 11th, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Sooooo is the end of August still considered SUMMER?? We will be heading out and be there for our anniversary, Monday August 25th still considered SUMMER MONDAY??? I hope so because we will be there celebrating and happy, not sure how much happier we could be but being in Disney, staying at the Disneyland resort we are going to be the happiest people ever!!!!! Counting down the days till our trip!!!!!

Sherry from CA on June 11th, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Carla –

August is summer, indeed! Erin said in her original blog from June 2nd, above, “Every Monday this summer (now through Labor Day)…”

chrisitne on July 21st, 2014 at 10:27 am

I’ve been hearing some great things are happening since my own fizzled Monday experience. I am coming back today – any news about what will be on the agenda?

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.