Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at the Walt Disney World Resort

Dooney & Bourke Special Event Coming to Disney Fantasy in July 2014

posted on June 2nd, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

I recently shared details about new merchandise coming to the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder this summer. There is another special event taking place this July on the Disney Fantasy that will celebrate the fifth anniversary of Dooney & Bourke at Disney Parks.

DCP606952

For the seven-night, Eastern Caribbean cruise setting sail on July 12, 2014, we will be holding a special product launch featuring a brand new Dooney & Bourke pattern shown above. This specially designed Disney Cruise Line pattern will be included on several items including classic favorites like totes or Crossbody bags.

Additionally, Ian Ray, director of new product development for Dooney & Bourke, will be sailing on this cruise. You may recall seeing Ian in this previous Disney Parks Blog video. For this cruise, he will be hosting a special presentation, highlighting the history and future of Dooney & Bourke at Disney Parks. Ian will also meet with guests in the White Caps merchandise location each evening.

Finally, there will be a silent auction featuring a selection of Dooney & Bourke items, including framed patterns and more.

For more information on how to book this cruise on the Disney Fantasy, please visit DisneyCruiseLine.com. Keep watching DisneyParksMerchandise.com for additional event details as we will share once finalized.

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

Michael from CA on June 2nd, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Please have a way for DCL Guests to purchase DCL Dooney & Burke after taking a cruise. Some purses are available by disneystore but not the newest ones.

My wife and I are big DCL fans and love taking cruises. My wife only buys Dooney & Burke purses on the cruise and we recently took a cruise on the Wonder. When the shop first opened on day they were sold out from the previous cruise. Needless to say my wife was extremely disappointed.

Steven Miller on June 3rd, 2014 at 10:51 am

@Michael – I’m sorry to hear of your disappointment. I’ve shared your feedback with the team. I’ll follow up once I hear from them. I’m unsure if there is an opportunity to do this.

Kimberly from MA on June 2nd, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I’m going to be on the Dream in November. Any chance this design will be available? I have the last design that I got on the Fantasy in 2012 that has the “Inaugural Sailings” tag on it…. And I want to add to my collection!!

Steven Miller on June 3rd, 2014 at 10:52 am

@Kimberly – These new items will be carried on the other Disney Cruise Line ships after this initial release on the Disney Fantasy.

Elizabeth on June 2nd, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Steven,
Will any further information be available about the silent auction? Will any OOAK bags be available to bid on? Thank you

Steven Miller on June 3rd, 2014 at 10:53 am

@Elizabeth – Once we have any additional details, we will share on our Disney Theme Park Merchandise website: http://www.DisneyParksMerchandise.com.

Jane on June 2nd, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Every time you folks post about Dooney & Bourke I always forget to ask: Do you know if they’ve stopped making the barrel bag in the Mickey balloon pattern?

I’ve been trying to replace the one I’d had stolen in that style/pattern, but I’ve been unable to find it anywhere on the Disney World property and none of the super sweet cast members that work in those areas I’ve spoken with have seen them in a while.

Steven Miller on June 3rd, 2014 at 10:55 am

@Jane – I’m sorry to hear of your challenge. I wish I had better news for you. Unfortunately, there are no plans to reintroduce that style or pattern.

Anthony on June 2nd, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Wow ! what fantastic news. that just so happens to be the cruise we booked to celebrate my birthday ! Talk about luck !

Steven Miller on June 3rd, 2014 at 10:55 am

@Anthony – Wishing you many happy returns of the day! :) I hope you have an awesome trip.

Shannon on June 3rd, 2014 at 11:29 am

Hi Steven, I know you said sales will begin on other ships following the release. I will be on the Dream July 10th-13th. Will the Dream offer the bags on the 12th? Or will I just miss it? Thanks!

Jamy from CA on June 3rd, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Michael, I had the exact same experience on my recent cruise on the Wonder! Were you in San Diego, too? :-)

Debora from NY on June 14th, 2014 at 12:42 am

i am sailing on the fantasy on 7-5. Will they be offering this merchandise on that sailing? I love your products and as planning to buy another bag while onboard.

Kimberly on June 18th, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Just wanted to comment that I love the Dooney and Bourke Disney styles, and it adds to the excitement of cruising knowing that there is a collection available exclusively to DCL cruisers. I count the days not only to my cruise but to see which beauty comes home next! Thank you!!

Melyssa on June 22nd, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Will this be available on the Alaska cruise July 14 th?

Laurie on July 8th, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Do you know if the Dooney & Bourke Mickey and Minnie Mouse Downtown (pink) will be offered in additional styles and accessories?

wendy on July 13th, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Another one who was extremely disappointed that there were no more Dooney & Bourke purses on board to purchase because the previous cruise had sold out. I had waited over a year to buy a cruise purse and was very sadly disappointed.

Sharlene on August 20th, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Is this on all of the ships now? Sailing on the Magic in Sept. Hoping to find it then. :-)