Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park

Exclusive Interview With the Abominable Snowman From Inside the Matterhorn at Disneyland Park

posted on June 10th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

To celebrate 55 years of the Matterhorn at Disneyland park this week, I took an intrepid camera crew deep inside the icy caverns of the first Disney Parks mountain to interview its most famous and elusive resident – the Abominable Snowman. He may be loud, but don’t let that grizzly exterior fool you … he’s actually pretty profound.

What is your favorite Matterhorn memory? Share it with us in the comments!

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

15 Comments Add Yours

Crystal on June 10th, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Love this!!

My favorite memory is taking my oldest son for the first time when he was 2! He is now 6 and still loves this attraction =)

Oleg from CA on June 10th, 2014 at 5:37 pm

That was great – nice to see Harold moving around again! Did you use the Matterhorn climbers to help you get up there? ;-)

Kyle on June 10th, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Should have shown the Half Court Basketball Court inside the Matterhorn as well !

todd on June 10th, 2014 at 6:36 pm

This is hilarious! And it couldn’t have come at a better time. My girl is 4 now, and tall enough to ride all the mountains, but she’s said she wouldn’t ride the Matterhorn when we visit yet month because she’s scared of the “Gheti” (her word for yheti). Hopefully this video will show her he’s not that scary and convince her to ride. Thank you!

Ari on June 10th, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Wow, I never knew the Yeti was so articulate. Great work.

Cameron on June 10th, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I enjoyed the video. However, the abominable snowman wasn’t added until the later on. Although, the Matterhorn has enjoyed countless riders, climbers and yodelers, Harold was not added until the refurbishment of 1978.

Wendy from CA on June 10th, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I miss going through it on the skyway! I also love that it used to have a shorter height requirement than the other mountains – it was my (then) two-year old’s first coaster and he LOVED it!

Patrick from MN on June 10th, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Harold Says: “Fix my brother in Animal Kingdom!”

Scott on June 11th, 2014 at 10:13 am

Favorite memory is definitely the skyway. Coming out of the mountain and being over the submarines was awesome!

Sandra from FL on June 11th, 2014 at 10:44 am

Too Funny!

Jon on June 11th, 2014 at 11:01 am

I have no idea what I just watched. But I love it!

Jaime on June 11th, 2014 at 8:25 pm

My favorite memory was taking my then 1 year old on it for the first time. It was 6 weeks before her 2nd birthday but she was technically 1. She doesnt remember but I have the pictures. She is now 6 1/2 and enjoys many a thirll coaster including the from of splash mountain. The only thing she wont try is tower of terror.

Fred from CA on June 12th, 2014 at 5:11 am

Very fun video. :)

It would be awesome if the abominable snowman were updated with newer technology.

Erin from MD on June 13th, 2014 at 8:55 am

Always nice to see Harold; he’s like family at this point. The Matterhorn was the first “thrill” ride my daughter ever rode thanks to the previous 35″ height requirement…too bad so many kids will now have to wait to enjoy my favourite mountain in the Disnyland mountain range.

Jocelyn on June 14th, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I still hate him!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.