Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at the Walt Disney World Resort

Get Ready to Experience ‘Frozen’ Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on June 26th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Like Olaf, have you ever closed your eyes and imagined yourself in another place? In summer, maybe? At Walt Disney World Resort? Or perhaps in the snow-covered kingdom of Arendelle, from Disney’s instant classic, “Frozen.” Why not all three?! After all, the hot and the cold are both so intense, if you put them together it just makes sense! And that’s just what we’re doing as part of an incredible new experience.

FPL706111

This summer, the world of “Frozen” takes center stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We’re opening up the gates July 5 for a summer-long happening, featuring a full day of all-new, immersive “Frozen” experiences you won’t want to miss, every day through September 1!

Here are some of the highlights:

• Olaf on Summer Vacation – Olaf the snowman is having the time of his life on his very first summer vacation! He chimes in throughout the day to keep everyone updated on all his adventures. Plus, you can pick up your very own Take-Along Olaf from locations in the park, so he can join you on your summer vacation. And when you share your photos with Olaf on social media, be sure to tag them with #OlafSummerVacation. They may just get selected to appear in that day’s grand finale!
  • Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome – At 11:00 a.m. each day, Elsa and Anna arrive in Hollywood as part of their goodwill tour of neighboring kingdoms, making their way down Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. Kristoff is along for the fun, too, joined by a flurry of skaters, skiiers, ice cutters and more! The entire procession culminates in a special moment at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage to officially welcome the visiting royalty to this kingdom of Hollywoodland.
  • For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Cool down inside the Premiere Theater, where Anna and Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their Kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
  • Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland – Inside Soundstage One, Oaken and his cousins have created a Frozen Funland filled with cold weather activities, unique photo opportunities, and more! There’s a frozen pond with ice skating demonstrations, wintertime fun for kids in the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” play area, a “big summer blowout” with plenty of “Frozen” merchandise, and special “Frozen”-inspired food and beverage offerings.
  • “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, a dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!
  • “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”

I don’t know if I’m elated or … well, you know!

If you’re somewhere in that zone, like me, you’re already bursting with anticipation for “Frozen Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.” Starting July 5, the sky will be blue, and you guys will be there, too! It’s going to be a great summer for snowmen, royalty, and anyone who’s a fan of “Frozen!”

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

1 2 3

Jennifer on June 26th, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Fantastic! Hope it may stick around a little longer…

Jessica from FL on June 26th, 2014 at 1:07 pm

yay! can’t wait to check this out in august for my bday! :)

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Jessica – Happy Birthday to you!

MELISSA from FL on June 26th, 2014 at 1:15 pm

I know where my daughter and I will be on July 5th….Hollywood Studios. Love my annual pass!!

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Melissa – See you there!

Jeffrey from OH on June 26th, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Awesome

Lauren on June 26th, 2014 at 1:18 pm

This is awesome! One question: what does this mean for the meet and greets at Magic Kingdom? Will Anna and Elsa keep the same schedule, or will those times be altered?

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Lauren – Anna and Elsa are still planning to meet all of their fans at Princess Fairytale Hall in the Magic Kingdom, in addition to taking part in the Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Jessica on June 26th, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Oh man I hope it sticks around till October!!!

Amanda on June 26th, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I am SO incredibly excited for this!! Way to go Disney! As a passholder, I’ll be coming in to check this out a couple of times! Can’t wait!

Rebecca from DE on June 26th, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Sounds like a great time. Looking forward to seeing all of it this summer!

Sheila on June 26th, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Any idea whether this event will have FastPass+ attached to things? A am a crazy planner for my WDW trips and like to get stuff nailed down early. Visiting in August for my daughters’ first trip!

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Sheila – Frozen Summer Fun is designed to give all our guests exciting and various ways to experience the world of ‘Frozen’ and its characters. Disney FastPass+ service will not be available at this time for the Frozen Summer Fun experiences.

Christina on June 26th, 2014 at 1:40 pm

This may be the coolest (ha) announcement yet! I really hope this will stick around longer than summer, because my family would give just about anything to experience a full day of Frozen.

My one question: will Oaken’s sweater be for sale in his shop? :)

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Christina – Ha! Wouldn’t that be great! He was quite the stylish merchant in the movie!

Brian on June 26th, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Will there be fastpass+ for the “For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration” at the premier theater?

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Brian – Disney FastPass+ service will not be available at this time for the Frozen Summer Fun experiences.

Dominick on June 26th, 2014 at 1:51 pm

How do the fireworks effect the Fantasmic Schedule?

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Dominick – Fantasmic! will still be presented nightly along with the ‘Frozen’ Fireworks Spectacular.

Alexander on June 26th, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Will any of the merchandise be new or just lots and lots of the current items that sell out super fast?

kaye on June 26th, 2014 at 1:56 pm

yeeey cant wait my girls will love it.

Ryan on June 26th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

This sounds so awesome!! My trip isn’t until December; hopefully this or something similar will be going on then too!

Sarah on June 26th, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I really hope you decide to continue this into Sept.

JEFFREY from CA on June 26th, 2014 at 2:00 pm

So am I reading this right that Kristoff will be there if so I wonder will he ever show up over here at Disneyland? Cause I would like to see Kristoff at Disneyland as well.

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Jeffrey – Kristoff is joining us just for Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Apart from that, he’s keeping pretty busy in his newly appointed role of Official Arendelle Ice Master and Deliverer.

Lucila on June 26th, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I really wish that this extends at least to the end of summer :) We are arriving on the 5th of September! :(

Mallori on June 26th, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Will there be Frozen-inspired foods? Frozen magicbands?

Shawn Slater on June 27th, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Mallori – Look for updates from our Foods and Merchandise teams soon!

Kris on June 26th, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Wish this would have been announced 2 months ago! Going to Vegas in Sept. and can’t change my plans now. :(

Erin on June 26th, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Any chance of a soft opening? Our family leaves WDW the morning of the 4th.

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Erin – We’ll be celebrating Independence Day on the 4th (and even the evening of the 3rd with special fireworks at Magic Kingdom Park!), so Frozen Summer Fun won’t kick off until July 5.

Chris from ON on June 26th, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Also curious about how this works with Fantasmic being usually at 9pm?

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Chris – Fantasmic! will still be performed as scheduled, with the ‘Frozen’ Fireworks Spectacular happening at 9:45 p.m.

Ruth on June 26th, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I cannot wait to surprise my daughter with these events! Total awesomeness!!!

Tim on June 26th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Does this event supersede the Rock Your Summer Side Dance party event?

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Tim – In a way, yes, but everything that has been part of “Rock Your Summer Side” will be incorporated into the “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party. After all, Olaf is going to be rocking his summer side as part of all the Frozen Summer Fun!

Angela on June 26th, 2014 at 2:22 pm

We will be there!!! My 3 year old will be so excited!!!!

Amanda on June 26th, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Is this going to go through to the end of September? We arrive Septembe 26th and weren’t planning on going to DHS until the end of our trip, but this would be a game changer.

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Amanda – As of right now, Frozen Summer Fun is planned to run just through Labor Day, Sept. 1.

Janice from IL on June 26th, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Make it last just another week, PLEASE! I don’t arrive until the 5th!

Clare on June 26th, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Very excited about this one! :) Just moved my Toy Story FP+ so I can be there at 11am! :D

Cassie on June 26th, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Will Anna and Elsa be meet and greeting with guests in DHS as part of this event? I was playing a day trip to Magic Kingdom in August for my birthday to meet them, but I now may go to this!

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Cassie – You may want to plan on visiting both parks. Anna and Elsa won’t be taking part in any character greetings as part of Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Instead, they are still planning to meet all of their fans when they’re at Princess Fairytale Hall in the Magic Kingdom.

Valeria from Santa Fe on June 26th, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Any chance this could ve extended
through September? We are arriving on the 16th and would love it!

Lisa on June 26th, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Waah! Over just before we arrive on 9/6 :(

Jessica on June 26th, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Can guests skate, or are there just demonstrations?

If guests can skate, can I bring my own skates to the park to use?

Shawn Slater on June 27th, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Jessica – In addition to watching Oaken’s very talented cousins show off their ice-skating skills, our Guests are going to be able to skate on the frozen pond at Wandering Oaken’s Frozen Funland, too! For those who wish to participate, skating equipment will be available for rent at the location for a nominal charge.

Crystal on June 26th, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Will James Arnold Taylor Be MC’ing this event like Star Wars Weekends, cause he just put the extra Fantastic to that event that made it just that much more fun and feel that little bit extra special and more personal experience

Shawn Slater on June 27th, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Crystal – I agree! J.A.T. is a phenomenal host for Star Wars Weekends.

Florence from CO on June 26th, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Yes!!! My son and I will be there on 8/4! I just rearranged fastpasses and ADRs to spend all day in the Studios. We were only going for the evening and EMH.

Ben on June 26th, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I have reservations in November so I’m gonna need you to extend this through then for my Frozen obsessed kids! Ha!

Marcela on June 26th, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Will any of the Frozen experiences have a fastpass option?

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Marcela – Disney FastPass+ service will not be available at this time for the Frozen Summer Fun experiences.

Rhiannon on June 26th, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Also lending support and encouragement to extend this through October! My 5 year old woke up singing Do You Want to Build a Snow Man. This will be her 1st trip – you be gaining a WDW fan for life!

Wendy on June 26th, 2014 at 3:56 pm

I arrive Sept 8th…So I just miss this :( I really hope this gets extended cause I would LOVE to see it!!

Nina on June 26th, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I hope they decide to keep this going through the end of the year. That would be awesome!

Samantha on June 26th, 2014 at 4:05 pm

How long will these events be taking place? I do hope they continue for a while … Frozen is Disney’s biggest hit after all!

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Samantha – For now, Frozen Summer Fun is happening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios July 5 – Sept 1, 2014.

Katie on June 26th, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Will the ice skating also be for quests or just demonstrations?

Shawn Slater on June 27th, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Katie – Both! You can rent skating equipment at the location for a nominal charge and take to the ice yourself, or you can just sit back and enjoy the routines put on by Oaken’s cousins.

Natalie on June 26th, 2014 at 4:26 pm

As great as this sounds…. wish we’d known about it sooner-like when we selected vacation dates! We can only hope it will be extended through the holidays!

Julia on June 26th, 2014 at 4:27 pm

My 5 year old is going to LOVE this!! Is there a schedule for the Sing Along at Premier Theater somewhere that I’m missing?? Or will it be directly after they arrive?

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Julia – “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration” will be presented several times each day, starting after Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome and continuing until the early evening. More details on specific show times will be available soon.

Shawn Slater on June 27th, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Julia – I have an update for you! Here’s the schedule for “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration” – 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:30 pm, 5 pm, 6 pm, 7 pm. Of course, show times are subject to change, so you’ll still want to check the in-park Times Guide on the day of your visit.

Michele on June 26th, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Thank you Disney for listening to my constant statement that Anna & Elsa belong in ALL the parks -except AK. We are actually traveling during this time and now I know that our time at Hollywood studios may need to be stretched from 1/2 day to all day. Already made sure I have the Fast Pass+ to meet the ladies in Magic Kingdom. I think this is a GREAT idea while it is not quite time for Halloween and Villans. Great timing too as I had just grumbled about nothing special happening while we were there in August. All smiles now…just please hurry to add these to the My Experience App. Thank you.

Marissa on June 26th, 2014 at 4:32 pm

You mention that fireworks will be at 9:45. I see during the week of my stay that sometimes Hollywood Studios closes at 8pm, and on Extra Magic Hours will remain open until 11:30.

Do you know how the fireworks schedule will be effected by earlier/later closings?

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Marissa – The ‘Frozen’ Fireworks Spectacular will be presented nightly at 9:45 p.m. through August 16 (shifting to 9:15 p.m. Aug. 17 – Sept. 1, due to earlier sunset). Please note that the ‘Frozen’ Fireworks Spectacular will not be presented on Aug. 23, when Disney’s Hollywood Studios closes at 7 p.m. to host the Villains Unleashed event.

amanda on June 26th, 2014 at 4:36 pm

How long will the firework be? Will it be possible to see both the Frozen show as well as Fantasmic?

Kimberly on June 26th, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I’ll be attending the Villains event at Hollywood Studios in August — will we get both sets of fireworks that day?

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Kimberly – The ‘Frozen’ Fireworks Spectacular will not be presented on August 23, since Disney’s Hollywood Studios closes at 7 p.m. that evening for Villains Unleashed. “Villainy in the Sky” is pretty awesome, though!

Erin on June 26th, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Will the Take Along Olafs be available in all the parks or just Hollywood Studios? We’ll be there August 1-4 and were not planning to hit the Studios but I would love to get a couple Olafs, one for me and one for each of my 3 nieces.

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Erin – Take-Along Olaf will only be available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as part of Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! You may want to adjust your plans. It’s going to be epic!

Alan on June 26th, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Wow this is just brilliant news. My 8 year old daughter recently performed Let It Go with her school on stage at Richmond theatre. We are going to Disney for a holiday of a lifetime and if she was not excited she will be flying high when I tell her about this in the morning!

Shawn Slater on June 26th, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Alan – Your daughter is going to have a blast singing along all day and night!

Andrew on June 26th, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Is there a listing what what types of merchandise will be available for this event yet?

Shawn Slater on June 27th, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Andrew – Look for updates from our Merchandise team soon!

1 2 3