Disney Parks Blog Celebrates the 15th Anniversary of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Gift Ideas from Walt Disney World Resort for Father’s Day 2014

posted on June 2nd, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

I love being a dad to my two amazing children. I enjoyed taking them to Disney Parks throughout the years much in the same way my father enjoying taking my sister and me when we were younger. With Father’s Day just around the corner, I figured I’d share a few gift ideas from a recent visit to Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort. While I’d never ask for gifts (their smiles are the perfect gifts for me), I would consider some of the items to be on my wish list.

FDG806583

The Disney pin team is releasing a limited edition pin, featuring Pongo and some puppies from Walt Disney’s “101 Dalmatians.” This pin has an edition size of 2,500, and will be released in multiple locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts on June 12 (hey, that’s my father’s birthday so happy birthday, Dad).

FDG806584

I was delighted to find a new graphic novel featuring one of my favorite attractions, Space Mountain. This recently released book was written by Bryan Miller (no relation) and illustrated by Kelley Jones. In a word, it’s super amazing (okay, that’s two words but I’m excited there is a graphic novel from Disney).

I was also excited to find more Disney Parks replica signs at the Art of Disney location including one for The Great Movie Ride attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I also love the Steampunk-inspired locomotive from the Mechanical Kingdom series released a few months ago. That item is now available on our Disney Parks online store along with the other figurines in that series.

FDG806585

I’ve been in the market for a watch, so a new Disney timepiece by Bulova at World of Disney caught my eye. In that shop, I also found a new Mr. Incredible T-shirt (because dads are pretty incredible) and a fun fedora (I love hats!).

FDG806586

Finally, I’m obsessed with coffee so I adore these three mugs inspired by Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park, the Tree of Life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Spaceship Earth at Epcot.

Happy Father’s Day!

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

8 Comments 8 Replies Add Yours

Richard on June 2nd, 2014 at 10:41 am

Where in the parks would one find those awesome mugs at the bottom? I’m guessing they’re not in every shop… :)

Steven Miller on June 2nd, 2014 at 11:10 am

@Richard – The mugs are offered at a variety of locations. I found them at World of Disney. Yet, they are also offered at the theme parks and even select resorts. Of course, you can click on the names of the mugs in that last paragraph to purchase them on our Disney Parks online store.

Jonathan on June 2nd, 2014 at 11:13 am

Would you be able to tell us when the online store will be doing a 25% off promo? I know you were able to tell us once, and they haven’t had that promo for a LONG time.

Steven Miller on June 2nd, 2014 at 12:51 pm

@Jonathan – That’s a great question. I’ve not heard anything. My best recommendation would be to sign up for the e-mail list. This way you can receive the latest information about new items, promotions or deals. The link is at the top of the site – http://www.DisneyParks.com/Store

Camille from OR on June 2nd, 2014 at 11:24 am

“The Great Movie Ride” sign is really cool and I’ve never seen that one before. Can you recall any of the other ones available?

Steven Miller on June 2nd, 2014 at 12:45 pm

@Camille – It’s a “great” sign (pun intended). There were a few other ones I saw including Tony’s Town Square Restaurant and Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano. You can find some of the other previously released signs like Aloha Isle Resfreshments on our Disney Parks online store: http://www.disneystore.com/disney-parks-product/collectibles/art/mn/1001081+1000209/

Linsey on June 2nd, 2014 at 11:47 am

Will there be any 7 dwarfs mine train merchandise coming soon? It must be one of the few rides without a store and I was just at Disney and could hardly find any dwarf merchandise…

Steven Miller on June 2nd, 2014 at 12:18 pm

@Linsey – I would invite you to read this story for some options. I know the open edition logo pin is one of the only items created for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/heigh-ho-its-off-to-find-snow-white-and-seven-dwarfs-merchandise-i-go/

Nicolette on June 2nd, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Love the pin, Mr. Incredible shirt, and the mugs! All are great choices. Also wanted to mention, I love, love the Mickey’s Diner Collection being offered on Disneystore right now. I only drink Mickey’s Really Swell Coffee and this collection is to die for!! Keep it all coming.

Steven Miller on June 3rd, 2014 at 10:04 am

@Nicolette – Right on! I love the Mickey’s Really Swell Diner collection too. Disney Design Group artist Thomas Scott (of Vinylmation fame) actually worked on some of the designs for that program. There is also new food packaging in locations now that features a similar logo. We unfortunately are unable to offer food items on our Disney Parks online store. Now I’m craving a vanilla milkshake. Ha!

Jill on June 2nd, 2014 at 9:06 pm

I love the Mickey Mouse watch!! Could you give me a item number that I could call and order this watch? Also do you know the price of it. Thanks!!!!!

Steven Miller on June 3rd, 2014 at 11:40 pm

@Jill – I spoke with the timepiece team who said that the item number is 400008302883 and the retail is $350 plus tax.

Erin on June 3rd, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Love the Pongo Pin ! We will be at the parks this year for Father’s Day and I know my husband would like this so much. Am I reading it right that the pins will be available at resorts ? not the parks ? Thank You !

Steven Miller on June 3rd, 2014 at 11:43 pm

@Erin – The pin will be found in multiple locations at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. Your first and best places to try are Disney’s Pin Traders on either coast. Think bigger pin locations at each of the Resort destinations (theme parks, Downtown Disney, etc, … not necessarily hotels, which is what I think you were thinking). Pins with larger edition sizes can be carried in multiple locations.

Siobhan from NY on June 3rd, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Some great gift ideas! Love, love, love the Great Movie Ride sign. Do you happen to have the SKU for it? Thanks!

Steven Miller on June 3rd, 2014 at 11:47 pm

@Siobhan – I agree!! Here is the item number – 400008331814.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.