Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Main Street, U.S.A., During the Holidays at Disneyland Park

New Pins to Collect and Trade Coming Summer 2014 to Disney Parks

posted on June 19th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

NDP669531

With the start of summer just around the corner, I caught up with Erin Catalano, merchandiser for Disney Pins. You may remember Erin when she wrote articles for the Disney Parks Blog as a member of our Merchandise Communications team. Last December, Erin transitioned to her new role and has since kept busy creating many new pins that are coming to Disney Parks this summer. In this first article of a series of three stories for the Disney Parks Blog, I asked her about the number of pins guests can soon expect to find.

NDP669532

“This summer will be an exciting time for guests who enjoy collecting or trading pins,” exclaimed Erin. “In the next three months, we will have about 250 new open edition pins that will be introduced at locations such as Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort or Disney Cruise Line. We know that finding pins of favorite characters, shows or attractions at Disney Parks is an important part of pin collecting. With these new pins, guests will have even more options to collect or trade what they like.”

NDP669533

Erin’s favorite pins this month were created especially for Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa at Ko ‘Olina, Hawai’i. They include a multi-pin set and some beautiful logo pins featuring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.

I selected a few of my favorites for the top image in this story. Being a Donald Duck fan, the “I Don’t Tweet, I Quack” pin is outstanding. I was also happy to see Mr. Toad and Rapunzel included in the mix.

NDP669534

Some other pins that caught my eye include chalkboard art-inspired pins that reminded me of products in Disney Centerpiece at the newly opened Marketplace Co-Op at Downtown Disney Marketplace and online.

I’ll check back with Erin in a couple of weeks to see other new pins. Meanwhile, you can see the latest pin release information by visiting http://www.DisneyPins.com.

Happy Trading!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Aulani, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Jocelyn on June 19th, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Is that a Hidden Oswald pin?

Steven Miller on June 20th, 2014 at 9:49 am

@Jocelyn – Good eyes! The artwork is from some men’s shirts we released this past spring at Disney Parks: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/new-mens-apparel-to-show-your-disney-side-now-arriving-for-spring-2014-at-disney-parks/

Tammi from FL on June 20th, 2014 at 2:01 am

When are they going to have pins from Frozen? We searched everywhere when we were at Disney World in February. We will be back in Sept./Oct. Do you think there will be any by then?

Steven Miller on June 20th, 2014 at 9:51 am

@Tammi – We recently introduced an open edition Olaf pin:

There are additional pins coming for Disney’s “Frozen” this summer including a pin trading starter set. I invite you to visit our official Disney Pin Trading website to see the latest releases – http://www.DisneyPins.com

Tammi from FL on June 20th, 2014 at 11:42 am

Thank you! That’s the one I wanted most. I will definitely be picking one up.

Mitchell on June 20th, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Thanks for the update Steven! I NEED those Mr. Toad and Oswald ones! :)

Also, I only recently got into the pin trading thing, so what do you suggest is an easy (and cheap)way to start up a good pin collection?

Steven Miller on June 20th, 2014 at 4:04 pm

@Mitchell – Welcome! Well, a couple of suggestions include:

1. Focus – Pick a theme for your collection. There are many pins to choose from and narrowing your focus will help you build a great collection. Some Guests enjoy collecting Hidden Mickey Pins which are a great way to start trading (see: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/01/new-hidden-mickey-pins-arriving-soon-at-disney-parks-for-2014/). A new wave of Hidden Mickey pins will be arriving at Disney Parks in a few weeks.

2. Collect What You Like – This is along the same lines as focusing your collection. If you prefer not to have a pin in your collection anymore, trade it away for something you do like.

3. Look for multi-pin sets – We offer multi-pin sets which gives you a few pins to trade for a great price. There are also special promotions that take place throughout the year (like a Purchase with Purchase). Starter sets are also a great way to build a collection as they typically include four to eight pins and a lanyard.

Stephanie on June 20th, 2014 at 3:19 pm

My travel agent is WDW now, where could I send her for the chalkboard art lanyard and pins?

Steven Miller on June 20th, 2014 at 3:55 pm

@Stephanie – Your best option would be to have her try Disney’s Pin Traders at Downtown Disney Marketplace. They have the largest assortment of pins and accessories at Walt Disney World Resort. The can also be found in some of the larger locations in Theme Parks like Mouse Gear at Epcot or Island Mercantile at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

Kathryn from CA on June 27th, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I searched multiple stores at Disneyland, California Adventure, and Downtown Disney today and could not find the chalkboard “Happiest Place on Earth” lanyard, and no cast members knew anything about it. Any idea when it’s coming to Disneyland? The Disney Parks Merchandise website said June 19th.

Karrie from TX on July 7th, 2014 at 10:28 am

Hi! When will the 2014 Wave B Hidden Mickey’s be announced… just found out we will be @ WDW mid August! Thanks!