Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

New Soccer Merchandise Scores a Goal at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on June 18th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

MSM795484

My fellow author Darcy Clark recently shared a look at the United World Soccer store at Downtown Disney West Side. This new location is a must-stop destination for fans of fútbol (and it would appear there are many as the world watches the events unfold in Brazil). Elsewhere at Walt Disney World Resort, we have recently introduced new soccer-themed goods that have a splash of Disney.

MSM795485

Decorated in hues of blue, green, yellow and white, this small new assortment was created specifically for World Showcase at Epcot. The main logo features a silhouette of Mickey Mouse kicking a soccer ball, which was used on several apparel items, a glass mug and two open edition pins.

MSM795487

These items can be found in select locations at Epcot and at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace. The two open edition pins will also be released in select locations at Disneyland Resort.

MSM795486

One of my favorite items is a limited release pin featuring José Carioca, a character not often seen on Disney merchandise. He was originally created for Walt Disney’s “Saludos Amigos” in 1942, and now stars in the Mexico Pavilion attraction at Epcot, Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros. This pin was released at Disney Traders and Village Traders in World Showcase at Epcot, World of Disney in Downtown Disney Marketplace and Sport Goofy at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort.

Speaking of Epcot, you can watch many of the World Cup games in the Odyssey Center. That’s just one of many viewing locations at Walt Disney World Resort. See the complete list here.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Downtown Disney, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

7 Comments 4 Replies Add Yours

Jay on June 18th, 2014 at 10:39 am

Steven, have you seen the new Mickey Short “O Futebol Classico”? I was excited to see that Jose Carioca also makes a cameo in it!

Steven Miller on June 19th, 2014 at 9:43 am

@Jay – Yes!! Such a fun animated short. I’m loving all of those. The animated style is fresh and the stories are fun. :)

Amy on June 18th, 2014 at 11:07 am

Can any of these items be purchased online or by calling down to Disney?

Brian from MN on June 18th, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I was wondering the same thing as Amy?

Steven Miller on June 19th, 2014 at 9:46 am

@Amy and Brian – Unfortunately, these items won’t be offered on our Disney Parks Online Store. You might try contacting our Merchandise Guest Services team by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com. They may have access to select items.

Amy on June 19th, 2014 at 10:12 am

Thank you Steve, but unfortunately I called and they said they can only release these items over the phone 30 days after release. Was hoping to get the t-shirt for use during the World Cup.

Steven Miller on June 19th, 2014 at 10:26 am

@Amy – Many times, the team may not have access to certain items based on availability in locations, etc. I probably should have stressed the “may” in my previous comment. I’m sorry I didn’t have better news for you.

Amber on June 20th, 2014 at 2:21 am

The article says two of the pins will be available at the Disneyland resort. Do you happen to know if they’re currently available and at which locations? I’d guess at the pin shop in Frontierland or maybe at Downtown Disney but was hoping you could point me in the right direction.

Steven Miller on June 20th, 2014 at 10:39 am

@Amber – Both of the open edition pins are currently in MANY locations at Disneyland (and Walt Disney World) Resorts. In California, I would try places like Disney’s Pin Traders, World of Disney, Westward Ho!, Emporium, Trolley Treats and Little Green Store Command (just to name a few).

Marie on June 25th, 2014 at 9:47 pm

How long will this merchandise be available? I will be there on the 10th and am hoping I can buy several items!

Oksana from ON on June 26th, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Is the United World Soccer store a permanent location, or just temporary for the summer? Will the soccer shirt & accessories line be stocked at Epcot and at the World of Disney through to the fall? I’ll be there in September.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.