It’s summer! – or at least that’s how I imagine Olaf, the lovable snowman from Disney’s “Frozen”, would shout it.
Since today is officially the first day of summer, what better way to celebrate than with a Disney Parks Blog takeover by one of our favorite pals from “Frozen”. If you remember in the film’s song, “In Summer,” Olaf dreams of all the things that his first summertime could bring – to him, that means “bees that buzz, kids that blow dandelion fuzz” and a host of other fun things.
At Disney Parks, summertime means that guests who are traveling here for their summer vacations will have the opportunity to experience a whole lot of new offerings. Check out some of what’s new this summer below.
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade – This will be the first summer for Magic Kingdom Park’s new daytime parade, which features floats inspired by New Fantasyland and even has a firebreathing dragon.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Our newest family coaster opened just one month ago, and offers a ride through a day in the life of the Seven Dwarfs.
- “Festival of The Lion King” – The “Lion King”-inspired show beloved by Disney guests has returned to Disney’s Animal Kingdom in a whole new theater. Look for it in the Africa section of the park.
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series – Epcot’s summer concert series kicked off earlier this month and will continue through the next few weeks. Check out the full schedule here.
- Rock Your Summer Side Dance Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – A new series of dance parties just launched at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will allow you to Rock Your Disney Side. See Shawn’s original post for details.
- “Frozen” Pre-Parade – Each day, prior to the first performance of Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, Olaf joins Elsa and Anna for a special “Frozen” pre parade.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – The wildest ride in the wilderness is back at Disneyland park and more of a blast than ever!
- Meet Captain America – The First Avenger, Captain America, is now meeting guests inside Innoventions at Disneyland park.
- Alice in Wonderland – Beginning July 4, Disneyland park guests can fall down the rabbit hole again with Alice when this classic attraction reopens.