Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Walt Disney Stands in Front of a Christmas Tree in his Studio Office

Summertime Fun at Disney Parks Blog Summer BBQ Meet-Up at Disneyland Park

posted on June 30th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

BBQMET2038

Disney Parks Blog readers had the chance to kick off summer in a big way at the Disney Parks Blog Summer BBQ Meet-Up at Disneyland park on Friday!

BBGMET1715

Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse were there, greeting guests in “Yee-Haw!” style.

BBQMET1950

Guests were treated to live music by Fiddlin’ Duane, Miss Chris and more!

BBQMET242

Talented artists were on hand to sketch guest caricatures, Disney characters, name art and even temporary tattoos.

BBQMET2150

Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and even Horace Horsecollar joined guests for a boot-scootin’ line dance! Take a look at all the fun in the video below.

Y’all keep an eye on Disney Parks Blog for future events, ya hear!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Donna on June 30th, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Thank you so much for a magical BBQ! We had a wonderful time! The food was delicious and the entertainment was so lively! What a treat to receive some artwork and a great parting gift (I’m drinking out of it as I write)! Thank you Disney Parks Blog!! Happy Summer to all!

Nicole on June 30th, 2014 at 6:21 pm

This was my first Disney Parks blog meet-up and I had so much fun! Thank you guys for all your hard work. Can’t wait to attend more!

Brandon on June 30th, 2014 at 8:55 pm

I hope I’ll be able to sign up for the ones during Halloween and Christmas time :D.

It’s just one of those hit and miss things apparently!

ALODIE from CA on June 30th, 2014 at 9:24 pm

I’m so blessed to have attended another fabulous meetup! I can’t wait for what you all have in store for Disneyland’s Birthday! See you soon! :)

Catherine from CA on June 30th, 2014 at 9:32 pm

The meet up looked amazing and like it was so much fun. The Disney Blog sure knows how to party.

Alex from CA on July 1st, 2014 at 3:11 am

That looks like a Grand Ol’ Time! Will there ever be regular line dance parties with Mickey and the gang? Like a country Mad T.

Penny on July 1st, 2014 at 1:58 pm

That was so much fun ! Thank you so much ! #disneyparksblog is amazing ! Erin you and the DPB team ROCK our socks off ! THANK YOU !

Daniel from CA on July 1st, 2014 at 2:37 pm

My son and I had a great time! The food was delicious, from the BBQ meat to the desserts, and even the red & white jelly beans. (The blue ones, not so much!)

Carol from FL on July 1st, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I bet this was wonderful!! Wishin’ I was there!! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time!

Have a magical day Erin!