Grizzly River Run

Dateline Adventureland: Adventure Trading Company Opening Soon at Disneyland Park

posted on July 18th, 2014 by Tallahassee Glover, Adventureland Correspondent

Hello adventurers, Tallahassee Glover here with the first of a series of dispatches from deep in the jungles of Adventureland at Disneyland park. The birds who sing words tell us that a new merchant is opening soon for a limited engagement beginning August 1. Adventure Trading Company will be a provisions and publications company with a knack for selling goods that send the buyers on wild adventures. At the end of these adventures are Adventureland relics known as Juju. These unique artifacts reflect the ancient traditions and importance of storytelling in Adventureland. Collect Juju! Collect adventures! Collect stories!

atcccc837688

Be sure to make like a monkey and swing on over to the Adventure Trading Company starting August 1 and see what awaits you!

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

16 Comments Add Yours

Debbie on July 18th, 2014 at 1:08 pm

This sounds exciting, we will be there a few days after opening so I can’t wait. have been asking for new adventureland things. Glad we will be able to see it when we are there. Hope they have new and exciting adventureland items!

Jeremiah from CA on July 18th, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Erin will they be the same JuJu’s from D23 Expo or new ones?

Tallahassee Glover on July 18th, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Jeremiah and Debra – The flowers tell me that some Juju make look familiar to veteran adventurers.

Debra on July 18th, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I second Jeremiah’s question, Tallahassee!

We participated in the Adventure Trading Company playtest during the 2013 D23 Expo, and just loved it. I hope the opportunity stays around into the Diamond Celebration. (I was Desperately Seeking Debra!)

Don on July 18th, 2014 at 2:03 pm

My question as well, how long will this “limited time” opportunity last? I am lucky to get there once a year as I live in Canada, and its very frustrating to keep hearing about all these things that are over before I am able to get to the park to experience them.

Monica from CA on July 18th, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Adventure begins 8/8 hoping for Magical Juju!

RACHEL on July 18th, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Tallahassee, any word on if the Trading Company will still be open in October? We’ll be in the park Oct 9-11 and I’d love to experience this!

John on July 18th, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Will this still be happening in September?

JON from CA on July 18th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

i hope the cast member “Mo Williams” from the d23 expo Adventure Trading Company is there–he was THE best at telling the adventure story

Fred from CA on July 19th, 2014 at 7:15 am

When I was at the D23 Expo last year, I saw them testing this experience, but I didn’t have time to participate. I’m looking forward to seeing the Adventure Trading Company. Also, I’m really glad that it ended up in the original Disneyland!

Skip from FL on July 19th, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Welcome to the blog Ms. Tallahassee!

Morgan on August 3rd, 2014 at 5:50 pm

We did this on Friday and had a great time, just wish they would have had the skull juju!

Robert on August 12th, 2014 at 10:33 pm

When does this end? And will it ever be back? My AP ended, and won’t be able to make it to DL till November sadly.

David on August 15th, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Jon, Mo Was There!!!!! He is Awesome! Had a really fun time and his banter made it even better!! To any adventurers out there, find Mo!!!

Kelly on August 21st, 2014 at 12:11 am

I was told about a possible 10th juju, a skull. Is this legend for real? If so how can I go about finding this rare gem???

Dean on August 28th, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I completed all of these adventures at the begging of this month and had an incredible time! I collected all the JuJu’s (now proudly displayed at home) and everyone who see’s them just loves them!

I’m wondering if the Eye of Mara JuJu would be available for individual purchase? I’m doing an Adventureland Retreat with my students in Sept. and would love to use that JuJu as a winning token. Any help would be appreciated!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.