Disney cruisers have been savoring the flavors of South America while sailing throughout the Mediterranean and Caribbean. One of my favorite Latin America-inspired dishes is our zesty Orange Cilantro Marinated Flank Steak.
If you’re looking to grill up something different for your next summer barbecue, this recipe is absolutely one to try. The flavors of our citrus marinade, complemented by our spicy chimichurri sauce, will no doubt leave your mouth watering to be back on a Disney cruise!
Check out the full recipe below and download our keepsake recipe card here. Enjoy!
Orange Cilantro Marinated Flank Steak
Skill Level: Moderate
Time: 24 hours
- Whole 6lb flank steak
- 1 bunch cilantro (finely chopped)
- 5 oranges (juiced and zested)
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. bunch parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. picked oregano (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup mil red wine
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. salt
For the Marinade
- Place all the ingredients in a blender except the vegetable oil.
- Once blended, place in a mixing bowl and whisk in the vegetable oil.
- Cover the flank steak completely with the marinade.
- Marinate for 24 hours.
For the Flank Steak
- Remove the flank steak from the marinade.
- Sear both sides on a griddle or pan, place on a baking tray and place into a preheated oven* at 320 degrees for 10 minutes or until medium rare.
- Remove and rest before carving.
*Can also be done in a covered barbecue grill.
For the Chimichurri
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve as a side with flank steak.
For more summer recipes from Disney Cruise Line, click the links below:
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Tomato Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Cajun Shrimp Slaw
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Guava Glazed Barbecue Ribs
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Summer Pudding
- Disney Cruise Line Summer Recipe: Seafood Paella
- Savoring the Flavors of the Mediterranean with Disney Cruise Line