Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Celebrating the Holidays with Christmas Fantasy at Tokyo Disneyland

Downtown Disney Entertainers Record a Special Rendition of ‘Let It Go’

posted on July 8th, 2014 by Darcy Clark, Marketing Manager, Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort

Apparently, the rain never bothered them, anyway! When popular Downtown Disney entertainers were forced to cancel a few sets recently due to inclement weather, the talented artists used the time to work on a (very!) popular tune – “Let It Go” from Disney’s “Frozen.” Though none of them had worked on the material before, and in spite of rarely having the chance to perform together, I think you’ll agree that the end result was spectacular.

This video, captured by Entertainment Manager Jonathan Lang, was shot behind-the-scenes in the Downtown Disney green room; though it was never intended to be viewed by guests, I couldn’t resist sharing it with all of you.

I love that Drey-C, Bryan Malpass, Karlton Tillman, Mitch Corbin, Nicholas Marks and Don Black used their rainy-day break to make a little backstage magic for themselves (and now, for all of us!).

To see more from this talented group, be sure to visit Downtown Disney. With nine acts scheduled nightly and over 30 performances taking place each day, there’s always new entertainment to experience.

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

Sharon from FL on July 8th, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Very nice – there are some great entertainers at Downtown Disney – but I miss not seeing Sunny Jim over by the Margarita Bar – he’s fantastic and really drew a crowd

Darcy Clark on July 8th, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Sharon, I love Sunny Jim, too! I think you’d also enjoy the sounds of Bryan Malpass and Pat Frost — look for them near Disney’s Pin Traders most evenings.

Jennifer on July 8th, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Thank you for sharing! This is why I check the Disney Blog every day! And now I have to schedule more time at Downtown Disney during my next visit to try to hear these fabulous musicians! What a voice on that singer!

Darcy Clark on July 8th, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Jennifer, yes, there is some amazing talent here at Downtown Disney! I hope to see you enjoying our nightly entertainment soon!!!

Alexandra on July 8th, 2014 at 5:49 pm

I had to close my eyes and imagine myself walking through Downtown Disney! We were last there in February and miss it terribly, cannot wait to go again!

Darcy Clark on July 9th, 2014 at 11:30 am

Alexandra, I hope you’ll get to return soon!

Milinda on July 8th, 2014 at 10:54 pm

I love spending time at Downtown Disney just listening to all the wonderful musicians. Bryan has an absolutely magnificent voice! It’s great to see the performers come together like this and just jam and create something so cool! Such a talented group of people!

Darcy Clark on July 9th, 2014 at 11:32 am

Milinda, I know — I’m not very musical myself, so I’m overwhelmed by the talent of our musicians. I love that I was able to share that ‘behind-the-scenes’ moment with you!