Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

First Look at New Haunted Mansion Merchandise Appearing This Fall at Disney Parks

posted on July 25th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

hmmmmm9381111

At the beginning of June, I shared with you a first look at artwork created for a whole new line of Haunted Mansion authentic merchandise coming this fall to Disney Parks. Today, I’m beyond excited to give you a look at actual items we’ve created using that artwork. The toughest part for me was selecting which of the more than 100 new items to showcase in this story. Here is a look at some of my favorite things.

hmmmmm8390021

I’ll start with apparel which will include both long and short-sleeved options for women, men and children. I think my favorite new shirts are the ones that resemble the Cast Member costumes from the attraction. Some of the shirts will also include a glow-in-the-dark element.

hmmmmm5378931

For accessories, Guests will soon find several new jewelry items including awesome bat stanchion earrings. I particularly like the women’s shoes that use the infamous purple wallpaper pattern from the attraction. That wallpaper pattern will also be used on three new Dooney & Bourke items. You may recall the first Dooney & Bourke handbag we released last fall as seen in this story. That original handbag will return with the three new items this fall. All the new items will have a purple colored liner not red like the first incarnation.

New Haunted Mansion Home Décor Appearing This Fall at Disney Parks New Haunted Mansion Home Décor Appearing This Fall at Disney Parks

The home décor team will add to their assortment of amazing things I first shared in February 2013. The original nine items were incredibly detailed and these new items follow in that tradition. This fall, Guests will find new drinkware, dinnerware (plates, bowls, wine glasses), figurines, bookends, cloth napkins, tablemats, and much more. I love the beautiful urn, and the bat stanchion ice cube tray will soon be making ice cubes in my freezer at home.

Look for these items in select locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts in the coming months. Select items will also be carried on our Disney Parks online store.

Which items do you want to follow you home? Please share in the comments below.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

98 Comments 47 Replies Add Yours

Jill on July 25th, 2014 at 1:09 pm

will anything be available for the 45th on August 9th?

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 2:08 pm

@Jill – You may want to check out my fellow author Michelle Harker’s article: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/the-art-of-haunted-mansion-45th-anniversary-collectibles-at-the-disneyland-resort/

Mollie from MI on July 25th, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Is “all of them” a valid answer?

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 2:08 pm

@Mollie – Yes. I’ll take that for an answer.

Michelle on July 25th, 2014 at 1:18 pm

i am beyond thrilled for these new products!!! HM is my favorite attraction at WDW, i even have a HM tattoo!! i am a very dedicated excited fan. all the items look great i cant wait to see what else they have, i mean over 100?! awesome!!

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 2:09 pm

@Michelle – I’m happy to read your comment. Wow – a tattoo! You aren’t kidding about your love of all things Haunted Mansion.

Julie on July 25th, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Everything. I want everything.

Jim on July 25th, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I’m hoping a lot of these are available online. I have a feeling they won’t be available yet when I’m there at the end of august.

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 2:11 pm

@Jim – Select items will be coming to the Disney Parks online store in a few months. Items will most likely arrive at Disney Parks first then the online store. We have created a boutique page on the online store which currently offers some of the previously released merchandise: http://www.DisneyStore.com/HauntedMansion

Kacy on July 25th, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Thanks for sharing, Steven! I am obsessed with the Cast Member costume t-shirts. I can’t wait to get mine.

Jane on July 25th, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I’m simply in ghoulish delight about adding some of these Haunted items to my own little Mansion soon!

Melissa from TN on July 25th, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I want each and every item to follow me home this September! These are absolutely magical! The Haunted Mansion was my very first ride at Disneyworld!

Kelly on July 25th, 2014 at 1:33 pm

We sadly won’t be making another trip till fall of 15. Do you know which items will be online to purchase? I would love a few of those shirts and my daughter is in love with the scarf and shoes. Any chance we could order some of these items

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 2:13 pm

@Kelly – At this point, it’s a little too early for me to know which select items will be offered via the Disney Parks online store. I know we have a special boutique set up online for Haunted Mansion. Look for items to arrive there in a few months: http://www.DisneyStore.com/HauntedMansion

Stephanie on July 25th, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I especially love the ladies shoes, too! Between the merch for the Tower of Terror and this, I may never wear non-Disney clothes again! Thank you for sharing! Do you know when these products are slated to sell, and will they be available only in certain stores in the Magic Kingdom?

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

@Stephanie – Glad you liked the shoes. They look great in person. The items will be arriving in the coming months. At this point, I don’t have a defined location list. So please stay tuned.

Steph on July 25th, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Oh my! Those shoes are to die for, those are def going on my fall trip list!

Rachel on July 25th, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Must….get…Haunted Mansion Dooney….I’ve only been trying for almost a year now….

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

@Rachel – The new forms look fantastic, especially with the purple liner!

Desiree A on July 25th, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Very nice, Disney! Love the top two green ones.

Heather on July 25th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Everything looks great, Steven! Do you know if supplies for the Haunted Mansion Dooney and Bourke handbag will be decent this time? It was virtually impossible to get the one that came out last fall. (And I LOVE the fact that the new one will have purple lining instead of the red.)

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:09 pm

@Heather – I spoke with the accessories team who said they have multiple orders placed in the coming months. We certainly saw the excitement from the original bag released last September.

Jason from Hampshire on July 25th, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Oh wow! I have never been so happy about a merchandise announcement! What are the chances of any of it being available before my holiday ends on September 4th?

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:10 pm

@Jason – That’s a good question. At this point, I don’t have confirmed release dates for things. I hope you have a great trip!

Daniel from CA on July 25th, 2014 at 2:08 pm

OMD! OMD! OMD! I NEED EVERYTHING! HERE LETS TRADE ONE KIDNEY FOR ONE OF EACH!!

Sean on July 25th, 2014 at 2:10 pm

I will take all. And a side of all. 2 of each. All. :)

Seriously, when are the release dates. Stop the torture.

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:11 pm

@Sean – I only know that the items will be coming in the next few months. With about 100 things, it’s difficult to give an exact date. I believe that items will arrive at Disney Parks first with select items coming to the online store after that happens.

Mary from MD on July 25th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Oh my, it’s about time! I will be in WDW on 9/17 so I can’t wait!

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:12 pm

@Mary – That’s a great day to visit Walt Disney World as it’s my birthday. Ha! :) Hope you have a fun trip.

James on July 25th, 2014 at 2:15 pm

james’ wife here – okay this is going to be a real problem now – I am completely in need of the D&B Haunted Mansion bag and now you also show shoes?!!! oh boy I am in big trouble now – soon there will probably be a Alex and Ani Haunted Mansion motif bangle – our UPS guy loves us he knows he will always have a job with the deliveries to us!! :)thanks Disney!

Pamela on July 25th, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Love the new items. Any chance we might see a magic band with the wallpaper design?

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:13 pm

@Pamela – I don’t know of any immediate plans for such an item.

Emily on July 25th, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Can you tell us what the other two Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke items will be? Accessories by any chance?

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:21 pm

@Emily – In addition to the original form we released, there will also be a tote, a letter carrier and a wristlet.

Victoria on July 25th, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Can I start making payments now towards all of this :)

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:13 pm

@Victoria – Ha ha! Not just yet.

Gary from NY on July 25th, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Wow! I can’t wait! I’m a HUGE Haunted Mansion fan and we will be at WDW for the first time in four years at the end of September. I’m gonna be shipping a ton of stuff home if it’s in the parks at that time!

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:20 pm

@Gary – I hope you have a great time!

christie on July 25th, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Ghost. Writer. Bookends. Love it!!! And I would love the shoes. Depending on how much they are I may buy them even though I’m sure they’ll be bad for my archless feet.

Christie

Christine on July 25th, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I really hope Dooney stock will be plentiful and quantity restrictions in place to allow guests to purchase and not just resellers! Love that tote and thrilled about purple linings!!!

Andy on July 25th, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Is this stuff only going to be there in the fall or will it be there after? I’m going to WDW in February 2015 and I NEED this stuff.

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 3:55 pm

@Andy – The items will be arriving this fall at Disney Parks. They will continue to be sold as long as they continue to be popular with Guests. The original nine Haunted Mansion home decor items were released in early 2013 and are still carried today. Please note that item availability is subject to change without notice.

Grace from TX on July 25th, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Welp. That’s where all my money’s gonna be going for the next year.

Amy on July 25th, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I’ll take the lot!

Chris on July 25th, 2014 at 3:43 pm

As an ex-WDW CM I need that butler shirt! I once wore the real one but this…this is beautiful and most likely 1000% more comfortable in hot weather!

Victoria on July 25th, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Hi @Steven. Thanks so much for this preview! It allows me time to save up for what will be a very BIG shopping extravaganza at Disney world! It’s all very exciting! I’m very thrilled about the new purse and hope to be able to get my hands on it this year. Is there an email/ newsletter, etc to be notified of the release date or when/ what store it’ll be released?

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 4:32 pm

@Victoria – The release date(s) and location details have not been finalized. Items will continue to arrive in the coming months. At this point, there isn’t an email / newsletter for such things. I will have additional articles in the coming months and will share new information once available.

Aprille on July 25th, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Thanks for all his wonderful useful HM stuff. So much better than pins! :-) I can’t wait!

Leigh on July 25th, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Can you provide any information on what merchandise may be available in that pretty red background print that was shown on the June 3rd Haunted Mansion post? I’m loving that design and color!

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 4:34 pm

@Leigh – If I recall correctly, you may see a women’s long sleeve shirt with the black and white pattern like that. There will also be a cloth placemat.

Antone on July 25th, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Well I am a man of my word. You release it and I will buy it! Lets see, as I said in the previous HM post, I love that Master Gracey emblem. I will be buying at least one article of clothing with that emblem on it. As for the jewelry, I wish Disney would release a male version of some of this stuff. I agree with the other ladies here that the bag is pretty cool. Go get it!

And I am pretty impressed with the home stuff! I already have the excellent tombstones for my desk at work during Halloween. I will probably add that bell to my collection. And maybe the book ends. That urn is pretty cool too. And the fancy plate and cup would be good too (are they decorative or usable?). And so on and so forth. This stuff makes me want to throw a Halloween party!

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 4:36 pm

@Antone – Just wait until you see these things in person. The level of detail is incredible. The first image contains a replica plaque from outside the attraction. It’s massive and it looks beautiful in person. I’m happy to hear how excited you are for the new things.

brett from CA on July 25th, 2014 at 4:16 pm

i love the cast member t shirt they should do that for every single ride

Monique from NH on July 25th, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Would it be wrong to redecorate my whole house in purple and black? ;)

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 4:36 pm

@Monique – I love that plan!! :)

Valerie on July 25th, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Squeal!! So excited. Now my only question is do I try to buy online when they first come out in case the sell out, or cross my fingers and hope some is left when we go on vacation late fall/early winter.
Love the “costume” shirts, new Dooney’s, and all the decor! :)
Time to revive my traditional haunted mansion yearly parties I think!

Steven Miller on July 25th, 2014 at 5:21 pm

@Valerie – Select items will appear on the online store after many things are released at Disney Parks. But let’s talk about important stuff … a Haunted Mansion party?! Sign me up :)

Addie on July 25th, 2014 at 4:59 pm

IT’S THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY I’m so emotional. I’m only 19 but I love the Haunted Mansion so much. I’ve done every single research project in school on aspects of the mansion from the theories of what happened to the hatbox ghost to the making of the mansion just everything. I just love the Mansion. But I chickened out of the contest to stay a night in the Mansion because I wanted to just bask in the history and beauty, not be spooked.

Sarah on July 25th, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Well… I might as well give you my wallet now. I want them all!

Steven Miller on July 26th, 2014 at 9:18 am

@Sarah – Ha! Thanks for the laugh. Glad you liked the preview.

Jack on July 25th, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Any chance we’ll see a Haunted Mansion plaque, like the one on outside of the mansion and featured in the top pic of the article?

Steven Miller on July 26th, 2014 at 9:21 am

@Jack – Great news. The plaque in the image I took at the top of this story is the actual item that we will carry. It’s amazing!! The plaque is big and looks like it came from outside the attraction. Made from resin I believe. I was impressed which is why I made it the first image. Unfortunately, I don’t have a confirmed retail at this time. You may notice a “Gracey” banner next to it. That black banner will contain the Master Gracey logo seen on the plate in this story.

Rebecca on July 25th, 2014 at 5:25 pm

OMG! This makes me very excited!

Tracey from ON on July 25th, 2014 at 7:19 pm

My daughter just sent me a very excited text to look at this post! She has been visiting Walt Disney World since she was a baby and will turn 25 on 9/17 (great people are born that day!!!) Her absolute favorite ride is the Haunted Mansion. We will be at WDW at the end of August – will we see this fantastic merchandise or should I plan another trip?!

Steven Miller on July 26th, 2014 at 9:24 am

@Tracey – How wonderful! Great to know someone else has the best day for a birthday :) Please give her my regards. At this point, I only know that items will be arriving in the coming months. I unfortunately don’t have exact release dates for the majority of items as things may be arriving at different times. Additionally, Disneyland Resort locations may receive select items before Walt Disney World Resort locations. I know the online store will carry select items after things are released in Disney Parks. I hope you have a great trip!

david on July 25th, 2014 at 7:24 pm

As always, my HM Pal comes through with an AWESOME article about AWESOME Merch! Time will tell whether or not I will have to take out a second mortgage…..yes….time will tell! Your HM Pal in Ohio, David

Steven Miller on July 26th, 2014 at 9:24 am

@David – I knew you would enjoy this story :)

Chris on July 25th, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Any items for men?

Steven Miller on July 26th, 2014 at 9:26 am

@Chris – Oh my yes! The most challenging part for me was selecting which items to showcase. Stay tuned.

ann on July 25th, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Another reason I wish I was going to WDW. I imagine the ladies t-shirt will be tiny. :(

Steven Miller on July 26th, 2014 at 9:27 am

@Ann – Sizes will vary for apparel items.

Bob on July 25th, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Oh dear Gracey, I will surely go broke. The new home decor items are amazing! And I may just have to buy those amazing shoes in a size for myself. Thank you for the preview, Steven!

Steven Miller on July 26th, 2014 at 9:28 am

@Bob – You’re welcome! The shoes are pretty awesome. The accessories team did a great job with them. They match a handbag (not Dooney & Bourke) that they also created. I ran out of room to show that item.

Jennifer from CA on July 26th, 2014 at 1:43 am

wow I think that these will be hard to get and will go out of stock often. I will be one of many trying to get my mortal hands on many of these items

Elizabeth on July 26th, 2014 at 10:50 am

As an ex-cast member who did her DCP at the Haunted Mansion, THESE ARE INCREDIBLE!! I am simply obsessed with the Maid costume shirt, definitely going to have to buy like 8 of those so I can pretend I’m back at my favorite spooky house! I also love the Foolish Mortals necklace, the purse, and ALL of the home decor items! I cannot wait for these items to be released so I can add them to my Disney collection! I hope to return to the Disney Company once I graduate college, but since that’s a couple years off, buying all the merch I can will have to do ;D Thank you for sharing these, I adore them!!!

Steven Miller on July 27th, 2014 at 6:28 pm

@Elizabeth – How cool! I would have loved to work at the Haunted Mansion. Thank you for sharing your favorites. I hope to see you back here one day. I did the same thing many years ago – summer Disney College Program then returned to school for six months to graduate. After graduating, I returned on a professional internship. So you could do the same one day. :) Meanwhile, enjoy school and I wish you much success.

Steph on July 26th, 2014 at 11:01 am

That purse is stunning! I’ve never considered buying such an expensive bag before… but with the promise of last year’s design returning it’s very tempting as a birthday gift to myself!

Christa on July 26th, 2014 at 11:28 am

Well there goes my wallet, I’m in love with everything featured here <3 Especially the shoes and scarf. I love having fun little items that I can wear during my day-to-day life that shows my love for my favorite characters and attractions without it being an obvious logo or graphic tee.

Jane on July 26th, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Do you heppen to know what the prices for the Dooney & Bourke bags will be? (I should just start saving now!)

Steven Miller on July 27th, 2014 at 6:30 pm

@Jane – I don’t have confirmed retails at this point. Let me do some research.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.